Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I think I get the timing of the Wells firing now….

10,345 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Meximan
fullback44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
hangman said:

If you liked the movie Dune you will love Lubbock!
I have been through Lubbock 4 or 5 times, I honestly remember seeing tumble weeds on the out skirts of town, not sure why I remember that, I guess because I have never really seen them
Snap E Tom
TexAg15 said:

They fired over something said by a kid who's dad committed quintuple homicide in and around the University Park area.
Hey, hey, hey. Allegedly committed quintuple homicide. Allegedly.
ApachePilot
AG
Easy to answer if you like the smell of cow **** and burning oil mixed with dust. Mountain weather without the mountains.
Hamburger Dan
I moved to Lubbock nearly seven years ago for a coaching job that opened up. In that period of time Lubbock has grown approx 12-18%. The south and west parts of town are like a boom town. Parts of the north side, towards Shallowater is also growing fast. Texas Tech and the medical field is fueling the growth. I grew up in Wichita Falls, in the mid 70's when I was in school. Lubbock, Abilene, WF, and Amarillo we're all about the same size. Since then, all but WF has had sizable growth. I talked with a local business owner awhile back- the numbers for Lubbock's new census population #'s could be in the 270,000 range. I'm no chamber of commerce guy, but I'm five hours from Santa Fe, 3 hours from Ruidoso, summer thu winter isn't bad with oppressive heat / humidity or howling blizzards. But you are certainly right about the spring time dusters.
I travel quite a bit, there are way more places worse off than Lubbock.
AgSportsFan89
AG
Maybe his son made a birthday wish that made him unable to lie anymore.
rootube
AG
Hamburger Dan said:

I moved to Lubbock nearly seven years ago for a coaching job that opened up. In that period of time Lubbock has grown approx 12-18%. The south and west parts of town are like a boom town. Parts of the north side, towards Shallowater is also growing fast. Texas Tech and the medical field is fueling the growth. I grew up in Wichita Falls, in the mid 70's when I was in school. Lubbock, Abilene, WF, and Amarillo we're all about the same size. Since then, all but WF has had sizable growth. I talked with a local business owner awhile back- the numbers for Lubbock's new census population #'s could be in the 270,000 range. I'm no chamber of commerce guy, but I'm five hours from Santa Fe, 3 hours from Ruidoso, summer thu winter isn't bad with oppressive heat / humidity or howling blizzards. But you are certainly right about the spring time dusters.
I travel quite a bit, there are way more places worse off than Lubbock.

So you are saying there is a boom in west Texas? Find some old timers in town and ask them about the last one.
itsyourboypookie
We manage 100 rentals in Lubbock, and constantly have squatter/ drug problems. The Walmart by campus can't have any shopping carts left from the crackheads stealing them.

It's odd to me how both Baylor and Tech have the hood touching their campus. But at least Baylor keeps buying it up as it comes up for sale. Tech just lets the rot remain
Chips2003
AG
pete85 said:

Lubbock is the butthole of the universe... just sayin'!

Negative. That's Clovis, NM.
medwriter
Divining Rod said:

sorry to create another thread on Tech, but I thought this was too big to bury… I just saw this last night and was stunned. siap)

I'm thinking the reason Wells was let go now in addition to the KSt loss being so devastating was his response (actually no response) in presser to the question of what's so great about living in Lubbock. I think that got stuck in Mr. West Texas Moneybags' craw like a 6" T-Bone.

Can you imagine your coach, charged with recruiting talent to Lubbock, which is the lifeblood of your program, having THIS " response" to a question he should have addressed 5,000 times by now to recruits and their families?

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2021/10/25/did-this-comment-on-lubbock-help-get-matt-wells-fired-by-texas-tech/

Pay me what you were paying him. I'd find life in Lubbock pleasant as hell.
FCBlitz
83Aggie said:

I only travel there on business... but in order

No traffic
Lots of great coffee shops
TSA line is easily manageable

I heard players go there to get their criminal records expunged.
PatriotAg02
AG
Chips2003 said:

pete85 said:

Lubbock is the butthole of the universe... just sayin'!

Negative. That's Clovis, NM.

Hey now! One of my best friends is from Clovis!

And yeah you're right that place is a cesspool
Mr. Black
wangus12 said:

AgBQ-00 said:

What's not to love!!??!!

The Spice Must Flow
Well played, sir.
Divining Rod
itsyourboypookie said:

We manage 100 rentals in Lubbock, and constantly have squatter/ drug problems. The Walmart by campus can't have any shopping carts left from the crackheads stealing them.

It's odd to me how both Baylor and Tech have the hood touching their campus. But at least Baylor keeps buying it up as it comes up for sale. Tech just lets the rot remain

You must be managing from afar if you havent noticed the transfirmation around the westside you speak of.
Between Walmart and campus used to be ghetto-like. Now it is nothing but high priced hotels and new apartments. North across campus is also changing.

Still, it's tough for ANY college to fight off the societal decay all around us.
CanyonAg77
AG
Lubbock is South Plains.

We in the Panhandle don't claim them.
Meximan
It's called Lubbutt for a reason
IrishAg2011
AG
Aggie said:

war hymn aggie said:

Tceh is getting what they deserve when they fired Leach for the reason that they did.

100%
Kansas for firing Mangino also

Mangino got fired because athletes got 2nd-degree burns while crawling on turf during punishments.
Meximan
Mr. Black said:

wangus12 said:

AgBQ-00 said:

What's not to love!!??!!

The Spice Must Flow
Well played, sir.
v
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.