Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Bill Walton

11,476 Views | 130 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Psych
cevans_40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TexanJeff said:

You aren't the boss of me!

If this was an attempt at irony, well done
ironmanag
AG
No vaccine compliance was not part of his original contract. The school chose to change the conditions of employment after the contract was signed. He will make bank in the lawsuit.
Dark_Knight
AG
TexanJeff said:

Ummm… you sure you are a catholic?

You saying european Catholics aren't real Catholics and I am full of it???

Where do you think Catholicism started!!!!

Reading comprehension is hard for you....

I already said the denomination is irrelevant....so keep up the strawman. Why question my faith when I'm clearly very sure and secure in my faith?

I said they don't know freedom like American do. They are ignorant of what it feels like to not have to rely on a federal govt for everything. Sure, they shouldn't be bending the knee to anyone but Jesus & God, so in a way maybe they are lesser, but those are your words not mine.
As a Catholic, I'm not bending the knee to any man or govt. I'm not a sheep.

Catholicism started in the middle east with Jesus and Peter.....so irrelevant statement.

So, yes, you're still very much full of it. You are clearly very ignorant.
Because I'm Batman!

The Agly Duckling
WoMD said:

TexanJeff said:

Hell yeah he was fired.

He had 6 months to go to CVS and get a shot to keep us MILLIOn dollar Job

What an idiot.

Yes, he was fired.

I'm pretty sure being forced to get an unnecessary vaccine for a disease that is zero threat to any of his players, that should always be an individual decision, was not in his contract for employment.

I applaud his backing up his focus on personal integrity over money. That's the type of person I try to be. I just am giving up thousands instead of millions. But if we all lived this way, these mandates would not exist.
PLEASE take this to the COVID board. It doesn't belong here.
spherical
AG
La Taq 91
TexanJeff said:

Not sure which comment you are replying to my man.
You acting like you know something about Catholicism in your response to Dark Knight, but you knew that. I see that he he addressed this already.
Agvet12
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

HerschelwoodHardhead said:

Jock 07 said:

TexanJeff said:

Hell yeah he was fired.

What an idiot.
Pathetic. shut up and take this shot. Shut up and wear this yellow star, right?

If the job requirement is "wear a yellow star on your uniform cause you work at Carl's Jr." then yes you should wear it like everyone else.

Vaccine compliance was part of his job, he chose to quit instead. No one to blame but himself. Similar to any health and safety mandate at any job.

Can't wait for employers to start firing fatties and anyone who eats fast food! All your whataburger trips are jacking up the healthcare costs.

That would be a much more useful health mandate than requiring everyone take a leaky vaccine. You people will have no one to blame but yourselves when your company fires for refusing to give up your French fries.

Kind of a straw man question, but aren't most state/ public school coaches technically employees of the states?

If the state mandates all employees need to comply with rules and regulations, and those rules include the jab. Then yeah he was fired for cause…

Now the how's / ifs / why's of the jab are a completely different matter, and I applaud Him for standing up for what he believes in. To say it wasn't in his contract would be a stretch though, as I'm sure it's the vague bull**** language that covers all state employee mandates / rules.
Wicked Good Ag
Can we move this to the "I don't give a %# board"
TexanJeff
AG
I went to catholic school for 4 years… i got a good handle on it.
Dark_Knight
AG
TexanJeff said:

I went to catholic school for 4 years… i got a good handle on it.

Obviously not if you think Catholicism started in Europe and the other bs you were spouting.
Because I'm Batman!

agent-maroon
AG
Wonder why they call us "Roman Catholics" if Catholicism didn't start in Europe?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Roman Empire
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

Can we move this to the "I don't give a %# board"

Clearly we stumbled onto the Triggered Board. Just about every response on here is straight out of the Fox News Boogeyman file. All the while accusing others of being sheep. Your cardiologists will appreciate all the unnecessary stress you're putting on your tickers.
Dark_Knight
AG
agent-maroon said:

Wonder why they call us "Roman Catholics" if Catholicism didn't start in Europe?

Because of the Roman Empire spreading Christianity...that's besides the point. Catholicism wasn't started in Europe....maybe do some reading before you make ignorant statements.

There's also the Orthodox Catholic Church....
Because I'm Batman!

Wicked Good Ag
This is Aggie football related nor is it football related after the first three posts. Take it to the religion board or politics board for all I care

agent-maroon
AG
Dark_Knight said:

agent-maroon said:

Which is why I specifically wrote "Roman Catholic". The "Roman" is commonly dropped.

I'm sure you're correct. It doesn't really matter except to win an internet trivia contest, right? But I have to say that something about your posting style doesn't motivate me to do any further research on the subject.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Dark_Knight
AG
agent-maroon said:

Dark_Knight said:

agent-maroon said:

Which is why I specifically wrote "Roman Catholic". The "Roman" is commonly dropped.

I'm sure you're correct. It doesn't really matter except to win an internet trivia contest, right? But I have to say that something about your posting style doesn't motivate me to do any further research on the subject.

Cool...I really don't care, I'm not here to motivate you, you look it up if you want. I'm not going to sugar coat anything.

Point is, just because of the name doesn't mean it originated in Europe. Texanwhatshisname is being ridiculous, especially for one claiming to have been exposed to Catholicism. Also you said us, which implies you're Catholic, so you should also know better.
Because I'm Batman!

agent-maroon
AG
I converted. Thankfully my Catholic mentors emphasized the important aspects of the faith and weren't jerks about the religious trivia stuff.
Dark_Knight
AG
agent-maroon said:

I converted. Thankfully my Catholic mentors emphasized the important aspects of the faith and weren't jerks about the religious trivia stuff.

Cool...I'm not here to coddle your feelings. I was directly addressing Texanwtfhisname and all his ignorance as far as all the "trivial" stuff is concerned. I mean, yall were the ones insisting Catholicism started in Europe for starters. Really this started because of his ignorant statements regarding Covid mandates and Portugal, and trying to make some sort of ill conceived connection with Catholicism.

Don't cry to me when yall were wrong and didn't like what I wrote.
Because I'm Batman!

Madmarttigan
AG
This might be one of the worst threads I've clicked on in a long time.

Lol at all the legal scholars here who know nothing.

Would love to see some of you work at a hospital and get forced to get a flu shot. Morons.

It's a ****ing poke in the arm that got turned political and now you follow all of your f16 overlords and using the word freedom every sentence. Would love to see how many of you would actually be dumb enough to risk screwing up your career over a shot.

BoerneAg11
AG
This thread sucks
Dark_Knight
AG
Madmarttigan said:

This might be one of the worst threads I've clicked on in a long time.

Lol at all the legal scholars here who know nothing.

Would love to see some of you work at a hospital and get forced to get a flu shot. Morons.

It's a ****ing poke in the arm that got turned political and now you follow all of your f16 overlords and using the word freedom every sentence. Would love to see how many of you would actually be dumb enough to risk screwing up your career over a shot.

Try me, sheep. Please cry some more.
Because I'm Batman!

Madmarttigan
AG
Sorry can't hear over your crying freedom bleeding hearts
Dark_Knight
AG
Madmarttigan said:

Sorry can't hear over your crying freedom bleeding hearts

Freedom > security or jobs

Your tears give me strength
Because I'm Batman!

agent-maroon
AG
Say what you will about batman's posts, but you have to admit that he IS consistent
Madmarttigan
AG
Real man would support his family and take a ****ing shot instead of getting fired, but ya know it's easy to type on a message board when you never have to actually make the choice
Loyalty
AG
WoMD said:

TexanJeff said:

Hell yeah he was fired.

What an idiot.

Yes, he was fired.

I'm pretty sure being forced to get an unnecessary vaccine for a disease that is zero threat to any of his players, that should always be an individual decision, was not in his contract for employment.

I applaud his backing up his focus on personal integrity over money. That's the type of person I try to be. I just am giving up thousands instead of millions. But if we all lived this way, these mandates would not exist.
Dark_Knight
AG
Madmarttigan said:

Real man would support his family and take a ****ing shot instead of getting fired, but ya know it's easy to type on a message board when you never have to actually make the choice

A real man stands for principles instead of bending the knee to man or govt. Gtfo

Only cowards don't stand for what's right. Give me more tears.
Because I'm Batman!

Loyalty
AG
Jock 07 said:

TexanJeff said:

Hell yeah he was fired.

What an idiot.
Pathetic. shut up and take this shot. Shut up and wear this yellow star, right?

Exactly! No difference. .
Loyalty
AG
TexanJeff said:

Actually, if we would have all just gotten the vaccine on our own like they did in Portugal the mandates would not exist.

NOTE: almost everyone in Portugal is Christian. 81% Catholic. So don't give me that it's against my religion crap. Jesus wants you to get the vaccine.

No He doesn't.
Loyalty
AG
TexanJeff said:

Still believes?

Its a
Scientific
Certainty

You're the one who refuses to listen to over a century of math, research and documentation.

….that'the "vaccine" (experimental gene therapy product) is clearly not working. Vaccinated getting covid and spreading it as much or more than unvaccinated. Not to mention the proven fact that natural immunity for those who have had covid is superior to the gene therapy product.

I respect the coach for standing up to tyrants. Good for him.
RoadkillBBQ
TexanJeff said:

Hell yeah he was fired.

He had 6 months to go to CVS and get a shot to keep his three MILLIOn dollar Job

What an idiot.
I bet you think Pat Tillman was an idiot too.
Psych
AG
agent-maroon said:

Wow. Talk about an uninformed statement.

The Roman Catholic Church is just 1 of the 24 churches within the Catholic Church.
Psych
AG
TexanJeff said:

I'm full of it?

These are just facts.

Portugal has the highest vaccination rate in the world and is 81% CaTHOLiC

Maybe you better ring up your Pope, us Methodists are just fine with the vaccine and we have the same Bible.

Tells Catholics what they should believe….

…doesn't realize Protestants removed 7 books from the Bible
TexanJeff
AG
If you think the noble act of quitting a sport to go serve in the army and the idiocy of not getting a medical treatment so you can get paid millions of dollars to tell 18 year olds what to do are the same I feel sorry for you.
TexanJeff
AG
Damn, forgot about the apocrypha.

But, I am 100% sure there ain't no vaccine talk in any of them!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.