Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Bill Walton

11,367 Views | 130 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Psych
TexanJeff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah he does.

Jesus talks about selfless acts all the time.
Dark_Knight
AG
TexanJeff said:

If you think the noble act of quitting a sport to go serve in the army and the idiocy of not getting a medical treatment so you can get paid millions of dollars to tell 18 year olds what to do are the same I feel sorry for you.

Nah, you're the idiot and sheep who thinks people should just blindly comply with illegal, unconstitutional, irrational, and completely unnecessary mandates for a virus that is +99% survivable.
Because I'm Batman!

Dark_Knight
AG
TexanJeff said:

Yeah he does.

Jesus talks about selfless acts all the time.

Getting a vaccine isn't a selfless act.
Because I'm Batman!

Psych
AG
TexanJeff said:

Damn, forgot about the apocrypha.

But, I am 100% sure there ain't no vaccine talk in any of them!!!

Maybe, maybe not.

I'm Catholic, so I haven't read it anyway.
agent-maroon
AG
Psych said:

agent-maroon said:

Wonder why they call us "Roman Catholics" if Catholicism didn't start in Europe?

Wow. Talk about an uninformed statement.

The Roman Catholic Church is just 1 of the 24 churches within the Catholic Church.

Went to Mass earlier this evening. Guess I'll have to wait until next week to start saying "We believe in 24 holy catholic and apostolic churches", but thanks for letting me know.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TexanJeff
AG
That's good schtick
TexanJeff
AG
That's good schtick
Psych
AG
agent-maroon said:

Psych said:

agent-maroon said:

Wonder why they call us "Roman Catholics" if Catholicism didn't start in Europe?

The Roman Catholic Church is just 1 of the 24 churches within the Catholic Church.

Went to Mass earlier this evening. Guess I'll have to wait until next week to start saying "We believe in 24 holy catholic and apostolic churches", but thanks for letting me know.

You obviously have no idea what your own church is if you think the Roman Catholic Church is the entire Catholic Church.

A couple of links to help you out…

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church

https://www.catholic.com/magazine/print-edition/the-rite-not-to-be-roman

There's no shame in being wrong about something related to
The church. There's so much to know. It's only a problem if your pride stops you from admitting you're wrong and learning from it.
Dark_Knight
AG
agent-maroon said:

Psych said:

agent-maroon said:

Dude.....
http://www.gcatholic.org/dioceses/rites.htm

We are still one Catholic and apostolic church...
Because I'm Batman!

ApachePilot
AG
Quick glance at his picks. Guy got destroyed today
Dark_Knight
AG
Psych said:

agent-maroon said:

Psych said:

agent-maroon said:

You obviously have no idea what your own church is if you think the Roman Catholic Church is the entire Catholic Church.

A couple of links to help you out…

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church

https://www.catholic.com/magazine/print-edition/the-rite-not-to-be-roman

The church. There's so much to know. It's only a problem if your pride stops you from admitting you're wrong and learning from it.

Exactly...I hadn't heard of them all so I didn't know there were 24.
Because I'm Batman!

Psych
AG
Dark_Knight said:

agent-maroon said:

Psych said:

agent-maroon said:

Dude.....
http://www.gcatholic.org/dioceses/rites.htm

We are still one Catholic and apostolic church...

This guy gets it.
AgDad121619
AG
TXAG 05 said:

ChrisTAMU said:

Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

cevans_40 said:

ChrisTAMU said:

spherical said:

cevans_40 said:

Nate09 said:

TexanJeff said:

Hell yeah he was fired.

He had 6 months to go to CVS and get a shot to keep us MILLIOn dollar Job

What an idiot.

An idiot who will never be hired anywhere except Liberty U, where baggage is a prerequisite.

Get ready to be disappointed.

I dunno man- I disagree with mandates- but how is this gonna look? It's not like he was some huge talent, and now how is he supposed to tell a kid to put the team first?

You tell the kid some things are bigger than football.

What are your thoughts on Colin Kaepernick? Or are only things you agree with bigger than football?

I can't speak for Chris, but I support real issues not made-up ones.

Ha - That's my point. You agree with the Wazzu coach's stance and now you're mad online that he got fired. You disagreed with Kaep's stance and you were happy he's out of the league.

For what it's worth, I don't care that either were fired. They both had the opportunity to comply with their employer's request/demand and didn't. Too bad.

Kap is out of the league because he sucks at football. There's a difference.

This. Most people forget that he was benched before he started his little temper tantrum.
he has been offered employment but doesn't want to accept a smaller contract than he makes as an activist. Those that think he is out of the league because of his principles fail to recognize he refused to accept a backup role
TexanJeff
AG
It's lower case catholic…
Psych
AG
TexanJeff said:

It's lower case catholic…

Not according to auto correct on my iPhone
TexanJeff
AG
That's weird my autocorrect gives me both options.

Prolly cause i went to Catholic school.
Psych
AG
TexanJeff said:

Weird. Every time I type Catholic followed by school, it puts Catholic in quotation marks.
TexanJeff
AG
Psych said:

TexanJeff said:

Weird. Every time I type Catholic followed by school, it puts Catholic in quotation marks.

I get that whenever i type Home then school.
TXAG 05
AG
AgDad121619 said:

TXAG 05 said:

ChrisTAMU said:

cevans_40 said:

ChrisTAMU said:

spherical said:

cevans_40 said:

Nate09 said:

TexanJeff said:

Hell yeah he was fired.

He had 6 months to go to CVS and get a shot to keep us MILLIOn dollar Job

What an idiot.

An idiot who will never be hired anywhere except Liberty U, where baggage is a prerequisite.

Get ready to be disappointed.

I dunno man- I disagree with mandates- but how is this gonna look? It's not like he was some huge talent, and now how is he supposed to tell a kid to put the team first?

You tell the kid some things are bigger than football.

What are your thoughts on Colin Kaepernick? Or are only things you agree with bigger than football?

I can't speak for Chris, but I support real issues not made-up ones.

Ha - That's my point. You agree with the Wazzu coach's stance and now you're mad online that he got fired. You disagreed with Kaep's stance and you were happy he's out of the league.

For what it's worth, I don't care that either were fired. They both had the opportunity to comply with their employer's request/demand and didn't. Too bad.

Kap is out of the league because he sucks at football. There's a difference.

This. Most people forget that he was benched before he started his little temper tantrum.
he has been offered employment but doesn't want to accept a smaller contract than he makes as an activist. Those that think he is out of the league because of his principles fail to recognize he refused to accept a backup role

Exactly. The NFL went out of their way and held a private tryout session for him and he didn't even show up. He doesn't want to play.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

Shame? Because I don't know my Catholic trivia? Nobody told me that there was going to be a test so I didn't study.

I'm a Christian. I attend the Roman Catholic Church and have never even seen any of the other eleventy other catholic churches that I didn't know existed 2 hours ago. I honestly don't care if the Catholic Church started in Jerusalem or Rome or Constantinople or somewhere in south Harris County. It's not important to one's salvation or being a Christian.

I converted from a Protestant church in part because I hated the stupid arguments over whether dancing was a sin or if the wine mentioned in the Bible actually contained alcohol. This history trivia crap just might be worse.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Psych
AG
TexanJeff said:

Psych said:

TexanJeff said:

I get that whenever i type Home then school.

I need to update my phone. It always thinks I'm typing "cult" when I type that
Psych
AG
agent-maroon said:

Quote:

There's no shame in being wrong about something related to The church. There's so much to know. It's only a problem if your pride stops you from admitting you're wrong and learning from it.
Shame? Because I don't know my Catholic trivia? Nobody told me that there was going to be a test so I didn't study.

I'm a Christian. I attend the Roman Catholic Church and have never even seen any of the other eleventy other catholic churches that I didn't know existed 2 hours ago. I honestly don't care if the Catholic Church started in Jerusalem or Rome or Constantinople or somewhere in south Harris County. It's not important to one's salvation or being a Christian.

I converted from a Protestant church in part because I hated the stupid arguments over whether dancing was a sin or if the wine mentioned in the Bible actually contained alcohol. This history trivia crap just might be worse.

Holy terrible reading comprehension Batman.

I said there's NO shame in not knowing everything about the church.

Maybe just relax, keep learning about the history of the church, and hold off on trying to be an apologist for a little bit while you learn.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Walton may be the most overrated player in sports history. He was a great college player, and for 2 and a half seasons (at the first of his career and in Boston), he was a good NBA player with FLASHES of greatness. He in no way belongs on any all decade team, much less a 75 year team. That's just nuts. One of the seasons I mentioned -- he was the freakin' SIXTH man!
agwrestler
AG
TexanJeff said:

Neah,

But my sister has MS. She cannot get the antibodies, so it is up to everyone to do what they can to protect her or she is stuck living like a hermit the rest of her life.

I guess I would rather be a sheep than a selfish *******. I like my sister.

Vax doesn't stop the spread, even the CDC admits that fact. It's also likely for her to catch it from a vaccinated person because it was initially falsely advertised to stop the spread.

Also the flu or strep would be more harmful for immunocompromised.
RoadkillBBQ
TexanJeff said:

If you think the noble act of quitting a sport to go serve in the army and the idiocy of not getting a medical treatment so you can get paid millions of dollars to tell 18 year olds what to do are the same I feel sorry for you.
Both those decisions were based on principles and both men walked away from a comfortable life and millions of dollars. People chastising this coach for standing firm on his principles should be ashamed of themselves.
I'd expound further on this but this isn't the forum for it.

Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
This thread has it all! Started as a tangential football thread, then morphed into politics thread, then COVID thread, and now it's a religion thread.
Psych
AG

This thread has it all! Started as a tangential football thread, then morphed into politics thread, then COVID thread, and now it's a religion thread.

How do you guys feel about sex and money?

Personally I'm pro sex and money, but I believe everyone has the right to choose for themselves.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.