Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Is Calzada our next Mond?

9,004 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rjkiv04
TyperWoods
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AggieArchitect04 said:

You've made personal attacks. You just chose to deflect and not own up to them.

You're not going to convince me (and probably few others, if any) that A&M's season last year wasn't great by the standards of this program. The team just missed the playoffs and ended the season ranked #4 and a win in a major bowl. You can dispute it as much as you wish but it doesn't change the fact that last season ranks up there as one of the more successful seasons A&M has had, especially in the last 20 years.

And your disdain for Mond, one of the only A&M quarterbacks to be taken in the NFL draft, is really pretty weird.

You see, that's the deal. I'm not trying to convince you. You are so desperate for approval you keep trying to convince me.

I'll give you this, 2020 was the bestest season evahhh with Mond as QB.

And remind you, I've already said 2020 was probably in the top 10 seasons of the last 10 years.

Now stop hating and drop the emotional BS.
AggieArchitect04
AG
Post removed:
by user
TyperWoods
Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

You're not going to convince me (and probably few others, if any) that A&M's season last year wasn't great by the standards of this program. The team just missed the playoffs and ended the season ranked #4 and a win in a major bowl. You can dispute it as much as you wish but it doesn't change the fact that last season ranks up there as one of the more successful seasons A&M has had, especially in the last 20 years.

And your disdain for Mond, one of the only A&M quarterbacks to be taken in the NFL draft, is really pretty weird.

You see, that's the deal. I'm not trying to convince you. You are so desperate for approval you keep trying to convince me.

And remind you, I've already said 2020 was probably in the top 10 seasons of the last 10 years.

Your delusions just keep increasing. What a sad, pathetic man living in the past and wishing for the days of Slocum's bowl ban highlights and bowl losses.

Destroying Mac Brown's UNC in a major bowl game to cap off a #4 rank is far better than lucking into a conference championship after losing to an unranked tu and then not having a pulse in the Sugar Bowl. Don't get me started on how irrelevant beating up a down SWC in a meaningless year is.

There ya go! Keep running down Aggie teams of the past!

As for delusional, I would hardly call winning a game that's close in the 4th quarter "destroying" anyone. LOL
Whatthefunyo
NoahAg said:

Mond, as in 2nd best Aggie QB of all time, Mond? We should be so lucky.
But no, Haynes will start when he comes back.
Zach will transfer after Weigman signs.
TexAgs will clamor for the backup to take over during the first game of 2022.

Christ, he read our playbook.
Post removed:
by user
TyperWoods
Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

Your delusions just keep increasing. What a sad, pathetic man living in the past and wishing for the days of Slocum's bowl ban highlights and bowl losses.

Destroying Mac Brown's UNC in a major bowl game to cap off a #4 rank is far better than lucking into a conference championship after losing to an unranked tu and then not having a pulse in the Sugar Bowl. Don't get me started on how irrelevant beating up a down SWC in a meaningless year is.

As for delusional, I would hardly call winning a game that's close in the 4th quarter "destroying" anyone. LOL

Saying they don't compare to last season because of valid reasons isn't the same as running them down. The 1994 season meant nothing with the bowl ban and a weak SWC schedule. Slocum sleepwalked through the Sugar Bowl and was upset by tu. The 1994 season had no stakes and the 1998 season had more (and worse) losses. Both of them ended up ranked lower than last year. These are all reasons why last year was far better. Keep wearing your flannel and rewatching those 90s glory days though.

Don't forget, it may have been "close" in the 4th but we still won by 14 in the biggest bowl game in decades.

Did you read the part where I said I wasn't trying to convince anyone? ROTFLMAO

The fact is, 94 had zero losses, 1 less than 2020. If the criteria for "best" is losses, 94 was better than 2020. If the criteria is championships, 98 is better than 2020. If the criteria is 'best with Mond on the team", ya got me, 2020 is better.
Post removed:
by user
Agsuffering@bulaw
Someone will see calzadas arm talent and offer him. Coaches always think they will be the ones to unlock the greatness.

It's possible that with more reps, his brain gets up to game speed. Garrett Gilbert was a successful g5 qb after washing out with the sips. Gilbert also had a golden arm but struggled using it.

TyperWoods
Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

Saying they don't compare to last season because of valid reasons isn't the same as running them down. The 1994 season meant nothing with the bowl ban and a weak SWC schedule. Slocum sleepwalked through the Sugar Bowl and was upset by tu. The 1994 season had no stakes and the 1998 season had more (and worse) losses. Both of them ended up ranked lower than last year. These are all reasons why last year was far better. Keep wearing your flannel and rewatching those 90s glory days though.

Don't forget, it may have been "close" in the 4th but we still won by 14 in the biggest bowl game in decades.

The fact is, 94 had zero losses, 1 less than 2020. If the criteria for "best" is losses, 94 was better than 2020. If the criteria is championships, 98 is better than 2020. If the criteria is 'best with Mond on the team", ya got me, 2020 is better.

And yet if the criteria is best bowl performance or final ranking it's 2020 by a mile. Not to mention tying SMU is PATHETIC.

LOL. It's cute you think I'm somehow emotionally attached to the 94 team like you are to the 2020 team.
AggieArchitect04
AG
TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

But you are trying to convince people or you wouldn't keep arguing. You keep throwing passive-aggressive comments at the team/Mond.

It's fine for you to have a need to feel validated but you should own it.
TyperWoods
AggieArchitect04 said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

But you are trying to convince people or you wouldn't keep arguing. You keep throwing passive-aggressive comments at the team/Mond.

Nice try. Swing and a miss tho.

Don't be jealous of the relationship me and Epic have apparently started. ROTFLMAO. Catching two fish on one lure is, dare I say.....epic.
Post removed:
by user
AggieArchitect04
AG
TyperWoods said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

Nice try. Swing and a miss tho.

Don't be jealous of the relationship me and Epic have apparently started. ROTFLMAO. Catching two fish on one lure is, dare I say.....epic.

"Relationship". That's a weird thing to say.

Also doesn't do yourself any favors on proving you don't need validation.

TyperWoods
Yeah, I know you guys are emotionally attached to...let's say the 2020 team.

It's cute and sweet.
AggieArchitect04
AG
No more so than you are to Brandon Stewart and Corey Pullig evidently. Lol.
Post removed:
by user
TyperWoods
Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

It's cute and sweet.

So you just don't have anything better than it to bring up since 1939? Got it

LOL

I already brought up two that were better.

And that's just since 94. Care to go back further? LMAO

TyperWoods
AggieArchitect04 said:

No more so than you are to Brandon Stewart and Corey Pullig evidently. Lol.

LOL
Post removed:
by user
TyperWoods
Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

It's cute and sweet.

LOL

Clearly you missed the part in my earlier post where I asked for some that you haven't brought up at length incorrectly at that. What a broken record

LOL. You missed the part where I'm not trying to convince you. ROTFLOL.

And please, spare us all the "see he ain't got no other seasons du huh huh".
Post removed:
by user
TyperWoods
Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

It's cute and sweet.

LOL

Clearly you missed the part in my earlier post where I asked for some that you haven't brought up at length incorrectly at that. What a broken record

I was just hoping you'd use your brain to try and have an intelligent thought. I had a feeling that was out of your wheelhouse but I try to see the best in even pathetic losers

Good for you to look to others to try to learn.
Post removed:
by user
TyperWoods
Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

It's cute and sweet.

LOL

I was just hoping you'd use your brain to try and have an intelligent thought. I had a feeling that was out of your wheelhouse but I try to see the best in even pathetic losers

Such pathetic troll attempts. No wonder I had no idea who you were before today.

Got you, repeatedly, didn't it?

I told you that you Mond lovers were so easy.
Post removed:
by user
TyperWoods
Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

It's cute and sweet.

LOL

Such pathetic troll attempts. No wonder I had no idea who you were before today.

With poor, borderline nonexistent logic in a discussion? Thanks for pointing out how above average the 90s seasons were.

Thank you for continuing to disparage Aggie teams of the 90s!
rjkiv04
AG
This fan thought so in 2019?
Post removed:
by user
rjkiv04
AG
TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

It's cute and sweet.

LOL

With poor, borderline nonexistent logic in a discussion? Thanks for pointing out how above average the 90s seasons were.

Aggies didn't assume losses before the game began, that's for sure. Still won some of those impossible games too.

Neb, K State, and the Big 12 was were tougher. I think that's what's takes the shine off for younger folks. Neb is awful now, and KState fell victim to staying. Neb was no joke. Early 90's SWC games, the teams had different dynamics as well. All relative.
TyperWoods
Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

It's cute and sweet.

LOL

Disparaging or pointing out they weren't as good as they were hyped up to be. Im sure those former players in their 40s and 50s really care about what's said about their heyday
And yet, you seem to think an NFL QB cares. You have curious "logic".

But, I will agree us older folks have seen enough to not get caught up in today's hype.
Post removed:
by user
TyperWoods
Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

It's cute and sweet.

LOL

Disparaging or pointing out they weren't as good as they were hyped up to be. Im sure those former players in their 40s and 50s really care about what's said about their heyday
And yet, you seem to think an NFL QB cares. You have curious "logic".

But, I will agree us older folks have seen enough to not get caught up in today's hype.

Because you won't let go of the past you have overhyped in your head. Have a good night old man. Time to put those VHS tapes of the Slocum years in and think about how wrong those dumb kids are. Those inept offenses will put you right to sleep. Might as well be Calzada back there

I'm not sure why you think that gibberish has anything to do with Mond quitting the team when he had eligibility remaining.

Is it like 1 loss is better than 0 losses?
rjkiv04
AG
Lots and lots ran and didn't score mainly for a long time. Nebraska was like Bama good at the time and would win 9-3 and such. Bama was like that, SEC style. Very defensive and lots of running. People started get more into passing excitement in the late 90's, more people watch. Late for the boat we were then. Those were the lesser years toward end of RC, and could be compared to this year somewhat.
rjkiv04
AG
Looked like time was right for NFL. Bad season this year and stock goes down. I think we were trying to make room too. Seems like we didn't really fill up with scholarships, but maybe we did.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.