Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Is Calzada our next Mond?

9,010 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rjkiv04
TyperWoods
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EliteZags said:

lol "quit the team" as in played 4 years, graduated, and got drafted 3rd round

Yes. We would definitely be undefeated had he not quit, and Bama wouldn't stand a chance.
Bryanisbest
AG
I hope so
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
TyperWoods said:

EliteZags said:

Yes. We would definitely be undefeated had he not quit, and Bama wouldn't stand a chance.

Didn't you want him to quit before the 2020 season began? And now you are mad that he took you up on it?
TyperWoods
Champ Bailey said:

TyperWoods said:

EliteZags said:

Didn't you want him to quit before the 2020 season began? And now you are mad that he took you up on it?

No.
AggieArchitect04
AG
TyperWoods said:

EliteZags said:

So not only are we going to diminish the totals he got while he was here, we're going to lay the losses of the current season at his feet since he didn't return for a 5th year of eligibility. This all against the backdrop of people *****ing about how awful he was for 4 years.

Incredible.

Mond has to be the most hated Aggie QB ever.
TyperWoods
I didn't diminish anything.

Facts are there have been seasons we won more games than last year, a season we lost less games than last year, and seasons in which we won conference championships (which we didn't do last year).

Y'all propping up 2020 as the greatest season since 39 is funny.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
TyperWoods said:

Facts are there have been seasons we won more games than last year, a season we lost less games than last year, and seasons in which we won conference championships (which we didn't do last year).

So you would consider it the 2nd best season since 1939?
Agsuffering@bulaw
If Calzada was Mond, we would be 5-0. Mond sucked as a true fish. He was a solid SEC QB his last 2 years.

Hargett, Murray, Bucky, JFF were all better than Mond. They had less to work with.
AggieArchitect04
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

If Calzada was Mond, we would be 5-0. Mond sucked as a true fish. He was a solid SEC QB his last 2 years.

Hargett, Murray, Bucky, JFF were all better than Mond. They had less to work with.
I like Bucky but he was not a throwing quarterback. Dude had more interceptions than touchdowns.

He was revered for his toughness and ability to run the ball.
TyperWoods
Champ Bailey said:

TyperWoods said:

So you would consider it the 2nd best season since 1939?

No. Probably in the top 10 tho.
Ags77
AG
Calzada will not be close to another Kellen Mond. He will transfer out after this season.

It will be awhile until we have a qb as good as Mond was in his last year. It takes time and Calzada wont get that time.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

I like Bucky but he was not a throwing quarterback. Dude had more interceptions than touchdowns.

He was revered for his toughness and ability to run the ball.

Maybe. But some QBs just have the eye of the tiger. They find a way to compete. SM had some of that.

Mond played like he was mildly autistic. He had minimal pocket presence and was not good when things broke down. Mond had a great physical tools, but only did so much with them.
TyperWoods
Champ Bailey said:

He could realistically be here until the 2025 season.

Seems his decision making is even slower than Mond's was.
beerad12man
AG
Calzada would have never started for us if not for injuries, and will never start again as long as King or Weigman are healthy.
SourLakeAg
Calzada just might be the worst quarterback I've ever seen start for the Ags. Please stop asking this question.
Saint Pablo
For people that hate Kellen Mond, y'all sure are obsessed with him.
Sparkie
AG
AggieArchitect04 said:

Sparkie said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

TyperWoods said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

Sparkie said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

Kellen Mond holds the record for passing yards (9,661) and passing touchdowns (71) at Texas A&M.

Passing yards and touchdowns would be nice right now.

Jameis Winston while playing for the Bucs has more yardage than Brady.

Jameis Winston must be better than Brady.

Brilliant!
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

You can qualify it however you want, but the bottom line is, based on his longevity as QB1, he was better numbers than most of quarterbacks A&M has had.

Fixed it for you.
That's not fixing anything. It's just being contrarian.
And, you're still wrong. He doesn't have "better numbers than most A&M quarterbacks".
He has better numbers than ALL A&M quarterbacks. That's what having a record means.

"based on his longevity"...lol. He won the starting job as a freshman and retained it throughout college.
He didn't get beat out.
He didn't get hurt.
He didn't get arrested.
He didn't get kicked off the team.
He didn't transfer.
He didn't declare early.
He didn't opt out.

All he did was what he needed to do to have a larger body of work that translated into success on the field.

You funny as ***** He was a good QB because he didnt get arrested.

Love'in it. Keep it coming..
Since we've had some QBs, notable ones in fact, get arrested it's not inconsequential. There's a reason Mond still has a job in the NFL and Manziel is...actually what is he doing now?

I'm not claiming that Mond is the greatest A&M QB. I'm just saying he's one of the better ones A&M has had.

I'll go full homer. Trading an arrest for winning a lot of games and BTHO Bama, I'll take that.

A&M would benefit from showing more nasty on the field.
greg.w.h
AG
TyperWoods said:

It's true though. And Mond did it.
TyperWoods
greg.w.h said:

TyperWoods said:

Yes, all by himself. He is the greatest of all times. Too bad he quit, we'd have a Natty this year for sure.

Because he's proven he could win a Natty.
FightinTexasAggie28
Calzada will be Kyle Allen, transfer be pretty irrelevant, sign with a NFL team off of talent and make an appearance here and there and even surprise people
occasionally.
Aggie_Swag18
I highly doubt Calzada transfers. Quarterbacks transfer because they think they could start somewhere else, which is not the case for Calzada.
Any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still know where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.
agwrestler
AG
AggieArchitect04 said:

Kellen Mond holds the record for passing yards (9,661) and passing touchdowns (71) at Texas A&M.

Passing yards and touchdowns would be nice right now.

4 seasons

Every starting QB the past 2 decades could've achieved those numbers playing the same number of games.
AggieArchitect04
AG
Then why didn't they?
Post removed:
by user
Spyderman
AG
We would we be blessed to have Kellen in the line-up right now.

No ifs, ands or buts..
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
TyperWoods
Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

greg.w.h said:

TyperWoods said:

Yes, all by himself. He is the greatest of all times. Too bad he quit, we'd have a Natty this year for sure.

Leaving for the draft after playing 4 years is not quitting. Do you also think that Johnny quit on us? Man left 2 years on the table for us but I don't hear the same outrage even after all the headaches he caused on and off campus. Mond had his time and was a successful that led us to our best season since 1998 and did so with virtually no issues besides minor bs about a statue. Get over it and move on.

Yes, Johnny quit also, or Mond wouldn't have had all those records.

You Mond lovers are so easy. Relax Frances, it's a joke. But, technically true.
Post removed:
by user
TyperWoods
Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

Epicaggie said:

TyperWoods said:

greg.w.h said:

TyperWoods said:

Leaving for the draft after playing 4 years is not quitting. Do you also think that Johnny quit on us? Man left 2 years on the table for us but I don't hear the same outrage even after all the headaches he caused on and off campus. Mond had his time and was a successful that led us to our best season since 1998 and did so with virtually no issues besides minor bs about a statue. Get over it and move on.

Yes, Johnny quit also, or Mond wouldn't have had all those records.

You Mond lovers are so easy. Relax Frances, it's a joke. But, technically true.

No you're just a nitpicking Mond hater. If the choice is a 5th year when you're already a day 2 prospect in front of fans that hate you despite your success or a $5 million contract then I'd be out too. But do keep hating as you always have

Thank you for proving my point. LOL!

All you have is trying to justify Mond's quitting, because he could have stayed but didn't - he quit.
Post removed:
by user
AggieArchitect04
AG
I've already had this discussion with him this week. He thinks last year's team was nothing special and claimed the 1994 team was the last great team A&M had.
TyperWoods
Triggered!

Gonna start another thread for me?

But, keep disparaging A&M team accomplishments kiddies.

We'd win the Natty this year with Mond, just like we did the 4 years he was here.

AggieArchitect04
AG
Nobody is disparaging the other A&M players and teams. Your claiming last year's team (and Mond) wasn't good and that the program hasn't been good since a season where all their wins were pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

You've been at this for a week and no one agrees with you. At this point I'm convinced you have Aspergers or fall somewhere on the spectrum. Not a bad thing. Just makes it more difficult for other people to rationalize with you.
TyperWoods
AggieArchitect04 said:

Nobody is disparaging the other A&M players and teams. Your claiming last year's team (and Mond) wasn't good and that the program hasn't been good since a season where all their wins were pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

You've been at this for a week and no one agrees with you. At this point I'm convinced you have Aspergers or fall somewhere on the spectrum. Not a bad thing. Just makes it more difficult for other people to rationalize with you.

Wrong. I said none of that.

Why do you always resort to personal attacks and projection?

You speak for the board now? Talk about mental issues ...

You created a thread just for me. ROTFLMAO!

REMEMBER...YOU are the one that asked me to list a season better than last year. And if you go by losses, I did.

If you want to go by championships, I'd say the season we won the BigXIi was better than both last season and 94. You see, and you really need to understand this, there are many ways to have "better" seasons than merely your opinion.

AggieArchitect04
AG
You've made personal attacks. You just chose to deflect and not own up to them.

You're not going to convince me (and probably few others, if any) that A&M's season last year wasn't great by the standards of this program. The team just missed the playoffs and ended the season ranked #4 and a win in a major bowl. You can dispute it as much as you wish but it doesn't change the fact that last season ranks up there as one of the more successful seasons A&M has had, especially in the last 20 years.

And your disdain for Mond, one of the only A&M quarterbacks to be taken in the NFL draft, is really pretty weird.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.