Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I don't understand the melt down

9,684 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DenverAggie
Charity Smith
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Longhorns have said for years Aggie Fans are delusional about winning a NATTY! Well I am 100% Aggie - but I have to agree with them! Any Aggie that thought this years team would pick up right where last years left off was not being realistic. We are not Alabama but we could be in 10 years if we support our team through both good and bad times. Look at Clemson right now do you see their fans calling to fire Dabo (I doubt it - they would be crazy because he is a good coach). We have a good coach and a coach that doesn't like to lose (he is a competitor) and that's something we have not had in a while because we like so many other fan bases will turn on our coaches and players as soon as they start losing (trust me they don't like the feeling of defeat). Do you know why some programs never get better? Because they replace coaches and never give them the opportunity to build a great program - every program (except Alabama) has good and bad years we just need to be patient and supportive and let our coaches keep recruiting and developing it will happen if we give it time! PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE - in the mean time lets be good Aggies and loyal to our team.
DSAG
Muy said:

How about our stud Oline who left and didn't make teams.
Carson Green made it to the NFL but I don't know about the rest .
Foster and Fatheree are young studs but not ready this year.
SBDavis87
AG
Charity Smith said:

Longhorns have said for years Aggie Fans are delusional about winning a NATTY! Well I am 100% Aggie - but I have to agree with them! Any Aggie that thought this years team would pick up right where last years left off was not being realistic. We are not Alabama but we could be in 10 years if we support our team through both good and bad times. Look at Clemson right now do you see their fans calling to fire Dabo (I doubt it - they would be crazy because he is a good coach). We have a good coach and a coach that doesn't like to lose (he is a competitor) and that's something we have not had in a while because we like so many other fan bases will turn on our coaches and players as soon as they start losing (trust me they don't like the feeling of defeat). Do you know why some programs never get better? Because they replace coaches and never give them the opportunity to build a great program - every program (except Alabama) has good and bad years we just need to be patient and supportive and let our coaches keep recruiting and developing it will happen if we give it time! PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE - in the mean time lets be good Aggies and loyal to our team.

Lots of loyal Florida State fans were disappointed in what eventually happened with the program built by Bobby Bowden. It somehow turned into irrelevancy….and were it not for a freshman heisman winner after JFF, with generational talent, things pretty much sloped downward into oblivion. That's what giving years of letting someone stay and build does sometimes and why schools/fan bases question the keeping of coaches instead of "moving in other directions". All based on the situation, but the 90M righting is on the wall for this situation because here is a coach who said the two quarterbacks were neck and neck and was happy with the offense and 'elite' defense before the season began.
Ric Clark
As of today, per the recruiting tab, we only have 2 Offensive Linemen committed for 2022 and 1 for 2023. Of course, that does not take into account the Portal possibilities.

Fortune Favors Valor
Ag80
Aggie1188 said:

We are stuck with a terrible offensive-playcaller. That's why.

This. OC determines how the weapons are used, can mask the deficiencies by smart play calling. What we've seen ain't it.
HighwaySix
AG
How does Saban just pick up where he left off the prior year and we can't?
aggieRB
Has anyone posted on what happened to
The OL kids we've signed since Jimbo's arrival?
All hurt ? Can't Play ( Better than a 18 YO fish) ?
Or what ?
I understand missing on QBs prospects more but wtf
We could have signed somebody SMU got
RB75
46 years ticket holder &watcher of lots of bad FB
Watched us lose to Army at opening day 1975
GigEmTx
Midnight Rider said:

You realize we'll have no Oline again next year plus no defense don't you?
Why would we have no OL next year?
Buzzkill
Easy, Rod said:

I don't think posters are as far out and insane in real life as they are on the net, but having such emotional outbursts even under anonymity is not healthy.

There is literally nothing anyone on here not on coaching staff or roster can change.

This place is a cesspool. The worst of humanity.
Viper16
AG
Charity Smith said:

Wow!

Is this a joke of a comment?

LOL
#FJB

Trump 2024

Ultra-MAGA Cultist :-))

Lex Talionis
Shoefly!
AG
bganz44 said:

This program is on a straight nose dive, we peaked last year as sumlin did with the cotton bowl. Texas will be in the sec next year taking recruits this year, our opportunity to keep them at bay has been squandered and to think this program has any history of relevancy is laughable. A former middle
Of the tier program to a bottom feeder, amazing the fall from grace with the talent we have

I don't think sips will be in the SEC next year. Nobody is going to payoff their exit fees and the big 12 owns their TV rights til '25. So that's a huge chunk of $$ to come early. But I never thought they'd be in the SEC either.
NyAggie
AG
AggieOO said:

Midnight Rider said:

You realize we'll have no Oline again next year plus no defense don't you?

even with those issues, if we had a competent qb, we'd be 5-0. We'd still be heading into a slaughter, but we'd be 5-0. Calzada is that bad.

Yep

2 losses to mediocre teams really hurts our momentum as a program
DenverAggie
AG
We're not playing Rice and SMU anymore; SEC West is going to yield a few losses most years.

Young OL and QBs this year mean more losses and a weaker offense than anyone wants, including Jimbo and the players.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.