Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Could this season be the most frustratiing season ever?

10,190 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 72jag
12thmanfootball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1. Seeing our QB getting thrown around like a rag doll by a hapless Colorado Defense, only to have him knocked out of the majority of the season to be replaced by a disappointing backup.
2. Witnessing the SEC backstab us and let the sips into the conference.
3. Wondering why our 4/5 star players are getting smoked by Arky 3 stars.
4. Watching Ole Miss roll up points like crazy while our offense can barely score a TD per game.
5. Waiting for BAMA to go in dry at night at Kyle (again).

And finally, watching as we graduate a ton of NFL talent (Spiller, Wydermyer, Leal, etc.) and have to fend off the sips and OU for players in Texas who just want to play in the SEC.

P. S. All while we have upped the salary of our coach to $9M a year, instead of giving that money to our Defensive Coordinator (who deserves it more).
sleepybeagle
AG
Now for the positives… we're not tu
Txmoe
AG
You make a compelling argument but it's not even close my dude. Unless there's a 77-0 game in there somewhere.
Sq 17
77-0 was a horrible afternoon, but it definitely signaled significant change was coming soon. For better or worse there will be no significant change anytime soon
TX_Aggie37
AG
Depends on how Calzada plays the next few games. It's certainly frustrating watching our offense work.

I'm not as afraid of Texas as you are though that's for sure.
Al Bula
AG
Once you evolve past letting Aggie football make you an emotional woman, it is much more pleasant.
NattyOrBust
AG
No season will EVER be as frustrating as 2011. Lost 6 games, but led 5 of those 6 by double digits in the 2nd half if I'm not mistaken. Capped it off with a loss at home to tu after a B.S. personal foul penalty that extended their drive. Not sure how much time I lost off the end of my life that season, but it was a lot.
Aggie
AG
Sq 17 said:

77-0 was a horrible afternoon, but it definitely signaled significant change was coming soon. For better or worse there will be no significant change anytime soon

That was Frans first year and the Fran honeymoon was like no other. Even more than Jimbo
No significant change came soon after 77-0 .. Fran was around four more years and nothing really changed
ironmanag
AG
Oh totally we have zero chance to get better, we have no play makers, our defense will only get worse.

We should straight up quit now.
Phil Rirruto
SJEAg
AG
Yeah, 2011 was like getting gut punched every week.

1995 sucked as well.
07ag
AG
you must be new here

https://ts.la/eric59704
TexanJeff
AG
NO

Blowing leads is way worse than just losing because you have 6 starters out.
12thmanfootball said:

2. Witnessing the SEC A&M administration backstab us and vote yes to let the sips into the conference.
FIFY
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
1996 most frustrating season ever. Went 6-6 but actually had a talented team. Turned the ball over on average like 4 times a game. Turned it over 8 times to lose to sw Louisiana. That and 2011 were probably the two best, very average teams I have seen. And led to two very frustrating seasons.
EllisCoAg
AG
sleepybeagle said:

Now for the positives… we're not tu
shut it down, let's go home
greg.w.h
AG
If you expected too much because you got to the party late last season and thought this was going to be a 15 win year…you have a problem not the team. You should have enjoyed last year more as it was happening. And you should enjoy this year more for getting your eternal wish of QB2 taking over for QB1…
NoahAg
2006 was frustrating too. Losing to tech, ou, and Nebraska in close games at home. At least we upset tu
Year of the Germaphobe
AG
I've been watching Aggie Football regularly for the last 2 - 2.5 decades so I understand the frustration.

I also understand that every single CFB fan base has rooted for their team, and said "maybe next year" every year until they finally won a natty.

Get over your frustration, and just enjoy the game.
Bird Poo
AG
12thmanfootball said:

1. Seeing our QB getting thrown around like a rag doll by a hapless Colorado Defense, only to have him knocked out of the majority of the season to be replaced by a disappointing backup.
4. Watching Ole Miss roll up points like crazy while our offense can barely score a TD per game.

And finally, watching as we graduate a ton of NFL talent (Spiller, Wydermyer, Leal, etc.) and have to fend off the sips and OU for players in Texas who just want to play in the SEC.

P. S. All while we have upped the salary of our coach to $9M a year, instead of giving that money to our Defensive Coordinator (who deserves it more).
7. Ranked #5 coming into the season to see it all go to absolute ***t
8. Knowing we are stuck with a coach who refuses to let go of the play calling, even when his play calling makes zero sense
9. Knowing we are stuck with a coach whose offense has REGRESSED in year 4 (this is the biggest one for me. We should have at least 1 qualified QB prepared to enter the game without this kind of learning curve).
10. Purchasing 7 Bama tickets back in April for my whole family to witness the upcoming B-Fing.
MaroonStain
AG

Ummm...no...there are many other that Trump this 3-1 start.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Not THE most frustrating season ever but will definitely be remembered as "that season we lost every conference game where the opponent scored more than 10 points"
rootube
AG
Well there were the Fran years and pretty much a gap between 1939 and Jackie Sherrill so no it's not the most frustrating.
ValleyRatAg
AG
NattyOrBust said:

No season will EVER be as frustrating as 2011. Lost 6 games, but led 5 of those 6 by double digits in the 2nd half if I'm not mistaken. Capped it off with a loss at home to tu after a B.S. personal foul penalty that extended their drive. Not sure how much time I lost off the end of my life that season, but it was a lot.
This was the season I quit getting emotionally invested in Aggie football.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
33 said:

12thmanfootball said:

2. Witnessing the SEC A&M administration backstab us and vote yes to let the sips into the conference.
FIFY

Even if this is a sip troll, he is right

Only one regent isn't on acid apparently. Bunch of clowns.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
No, 2016 was the most frustrating season since joining the SEC. After we defeated then No. 9 5-0 Tennessee 45-38 in double overtime to improve to 6-0 (4-0 in SEC games), I had expected us to finish 10-2 with losses to Alabama and LSU, 2nd in the SEC West, and play in the Sugar Bowl. Instead, we incurred additional losses to both Mississippi Schools to finish 8-4 in the regular season and 4th in the SEC West. Subsequently, we lost to Kansas State 33-28 in the Texas Bowl to finish 8-5 after a 6-0 start.

Outside of Alabama, the SEC was so weak in 2016 that 8-4 (5-3 in SEC games) Auburn got invited to the 2017 Sugar Bowl. Both Mississippi State and Ole Miss finished 5-7 in the regular season. We were 7-1 and ranked No. 4 when we lost at then 3-5 Mississippi State 35-28 on 11/5/16. The following week, we blew a 21-6 4th quarter lead to lose to then 4-5 Ole Miss 29-28 at Kyle Field. Ole Miss followed that win with blowout losses to Vanderbilt and Mississippi State by a combined score of 93-37. Despite a 5-7 record, Mississippi State qualified for a bowl game due to their high APR score. It was confounding how we beat Auburn and Tennessee but lost to inferior Mississippi schools in back to back weeks.
Spyderman
AG
If we only had an OL an QB.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
StinkyPinky
AG
History clearly has show the future and the take away needs to be 'just enjoy the moment'. Teams will always get better, will always get worse, have their surprises both good and bad. We may win a natty in the next 15 years, and we very well may not. So expectation of results are clear, so now just enjoy watching it all unfold rather than dwelling on "what could have been".
kbarj
AG
Nope. 1975 was it for me. We were undefeated through the t.u. game. Beat a #5 ranked Longhorn team, 20-10. Then the #2 ranked Aggies went to Little Rock to face the #18 Hogs in a game rescheduled for TV reasons. The team was over the top about the win over the Horns and came out flat. They were outscored 31-10 by Arkansas and then went on to lose to USC in the Liberty Bowl. I firmly believe that had we played them when originally scheduled in early November, we would have won. This was the best chance for an Aggie National Championship in my years as an Aggie.
Bill '77
PascalsWager
AG
It'll never get worse than 2011-12 for me. The team was stacked. Lost 5 games by a combined 10 points. All luck went against us. It all paid out next season.
Jimbo4win
AG
12thmanfootball said:

I feel like if our starter played Saturday, we would be 4-0 and the only bullet point that would apply would be #2.
Ghost of Bizbee said:

33 said:

12thmanfootball said:

FIFY

Even if this is a sip troll, he is right

Only one regent isn't on acid apparently. Bunch of clowns.
Ghost,

I am a sip but really not trolling. There's a disconnect (on some levels) between the A&M alumni and the administration. Don't blame the SEC. They were looking at what's best for the conference in the future. A&M had their chance to dissent for the record, but chose to endorse the idea of OU & Texas becoming SEC members.

W
AG
NattyOrBust said:

and of course had a 10-year NFL starting quarterback as the QB1
W
AG
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

1996 most frustrating season ever. Went 6-6 but actually had a talented team. Turned the ball over on average like 4 times a game. Turned it over 8 times to lose to sw Louisiana. That and 2011 were probably the two best, very average teams I have seen. And led to two very frustrating seasons.
1996 was the worst job ever by a defensive coordinator in A&M history.

9 of the 11 starters played multiple years in the NFL. The front 7 was ferocious
Sparkie
AG
The Sec is the premier brand of college football. It has never needed tu/ou. But, tu/ou are slipping off into irrelevance in the b12. ou in the college playoffs with such a soft schedule is running joke.

ESPN bent the Sec over and inserted ou/tu.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.