Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

ESPN picks their favorite mascots

8,409 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by aeon-ag
WorkTogetherAgs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SECond2noneAgs
AG
"Stripper monkey, Texas"

Gramercy Riffs
AG
There's nothing wrong with that list.
ironmanag
AG
I love Lady Rev but looking objectively this list is fine.

Aurea and Ralfie have always been favorites of mine.
hunter2012
AG
The Reveilles would be much better if they were all mutts(like Reveille 1), as it is they're all show-dogs. A face in the crowd as far as live mascots go. The only thing unique is the "first Lady of Aggieland"/military bit.
Aggie
AG
1. That list is pretty accurate
2. Amazes me how many people give a single chit about stuff like this

Oh no... our mascot didn't make the espn list ...sniff sniff
sleepybeagle
AG
I would have voted for the Bear when it actually used to drink Dr. Pepper.

Sponge
AG
#7 bit me. Not a great mascot.
swc93
AG
Sponge said:

But some would say a great judge of character.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Sponge said:

Username checks out.
SoTexAg91
AG
"Stripper monkey, Texas"

You, my fellow Ag, are a genius!!! Hilarious!!
Spyderman
AG
hunter2012 said:

The Reveilles would be much better if they were all mutts(like Reveille 1), as it is they're all show-dogs. A face in the crowd as far as live mascots go. The only thing unique is the "first Lady of Aggieland"/military bit.
I think a Doberman might be swell. Lassie is not real intimidating.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Alpha Texan
AG
Eh, if I didn't grow up staring cows in the face daily, I'd be fascinated by a big ol cow like Bevo too, not another fancy dog. If we wanted to have a seriously good mascot tradition, go back to just adopting a stray/abandoned/sheltered dog

But that eagle is pretty epic.
ElephantRider
AG
I just want stripper monkey to ride Bevo into the stadium. Embrace it, tu!
ElephantRider
AG
Also, count me in the "Reveille needs to be a mutt" camp. Just go to the pound and pick one out.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
I don't really think of lady rev as a 'mascot' though. It's not like we are the "fighting collies" (or the "fighting mutts" if you prefer)
GIF Reactor
AG
North Carolina's Rameses the Ram with the hons painted Carolina blue is pretty cool. Bill the Goat at Navy has got to be on there.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
I mean, its a tiger...
rootube
AG
Oh boy, here come the we need to replace rev crowd. Our mascot is the best. ESPN polls bring out the crazies.
FtBendTxAg
AG
It's Ralphie then pretty much everyone else.

Ralphie by a wide margin.
MouthBQ98
AG
You would be correct. She's a sort of mascot, sort of university representative but associated with the Corps more than anything, because it's pretty difficult to produce a viable "Aggie" (Farmer/Rancher) as a mascot. Aggie. Someone who works in agriculture.

Yeah, we're not rolling out some dude in overalls and a straw hat with a pitch fork, if we are to follow the mascot stereotype theme, so Rev stands in.
FtBendTxAg
AG
I miss Ringy
Meximan
Long live Ringy
Get Off My Lawn
Aggies
Ringy
Miss Rev
Ol Sarge
Farmers
The 12th Man (students)
The 12th Man (player)
Ol Roc
Yell boys

...I have the diploma and boots and still don't know what our 'mascot' was/is.
Alpha Texan
AG
rootube said:

Oh boy, here come the we need to replace rev crowd. Our mascot is the best. ESPN polls bring out the crazies.
Oh yay! A dog! How neat is that? Not very. UGA only won this poll because someone posted the poll on UGA's fan site and they flocked to vote.

Add some character to the tradition and bring back the OG tradition by getting a dog that needs a home. Picking a dog that would otherwise live a suffering life in an animal shelter til it gets euthanized in a few months is a way more enjoyable and heartwarming story than Miss Rev is now.

And while we're on the topic, quit stealing the mascots vocal cords. That's h*cking lame
rootube
AG
Alpha Texan said:

rootube said:

Oh yay! A dog! How neat is that? Not very. UGA only won this poll because someone posted the poll on UGA's fan site and they flocked to vote.

Add some character to the tradition and bring back the OG tradition by getting a dog that needs a home. Picking a dog that would otherwise live a suffering life in an animal shelter til it gets euthanized in a few months is a way more enjoyable and heartwarming story than Miss Rev is now.

And while we're on the topic, quit stealing the mascots vocal cords. That's h*cking lame

Or maybe, and I'm just spitballing here, we don't need an ESPN poll to validate our choice of a mascot.
merch
A sedated cow?

Maybe if bevo was not drugged out of his mind; he just looks sad and pathetic to meand that is objective as I can be.
kbarj
AG
Spyderman said:

hunter2012 said:

I think a Doberman might be swell. Lassie is not real intimidating.
I have always liked the rescue dog (mutt) concept, but I think the Aggies missed on a chance when the Blue Lacy became the State Dog of Texas in 2005. This is a working/hunting dog that's smart and good-looking. I would much rather Reveille be one of these than a show dog.
Bill '77
Alpha Texan
AG
rootube said:

Alpha Texan said:

rootube said:

Or maybe, and I'm just spitballing here, we don't need an ESPN poll to validate our choice of a mascot.

I agree, ESPN's poll shouldn't influence what we do. The mutt would be cooler.
Alpha Texan
AG
I'm team mutt, but I could also really get behind this idea
Actual Talking Thermos
merch said:

A sedated cow?

Maybe if bevo was not drugged out of his mind; he just looks sad and pathetic to meand that is objective as I can be.
The Silver Spurs (the student organization that cares for/transports/handles Bevo) are very insistent they don't sedate him for games, they just pick show steers that have a fairly bomb-proof temperament. Not in a position to verify one way or the other but that's what they say.
Ag Tag
Pittsburg State Gorillas - they need a live mascot on the sidelines.
fightintxaggie10
AG
The next Rev needs to be a big energetic golden retriever that picks up the kicking tee after kickoffs. Everyone loves a golden.

LFG
BadAggie
AG

Why not bring back the hippest and most cuddly mascot of them all?

https://www.txamfoundation.com/news/salute-to-ol-sarge.aspx

TyperWoods
Mayor Clay Henry FTW!!!!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.