Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

t.u. board chairman already making cryptic statements about other options

6,354 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by philevans
PanTangTyger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TexAg1987 said:

It would be funny if Texas and OU are successful at breaking up the Big 12 at the end of the year and they come to the SEC saying they are ready to join and the SEC says "Great! See you in 2025"

Ummm...interesting point.

I'm no contract law expert, but wouldn't moving the timeline up require another vote? Even if expected? The potential re-scheduling (read as Abandoning) of years-old OOC home-and-home agreements, some of which are 50% completed, could complicate things...just not sure how much.

Which begs the question, have these already been addressed...according to master plan?
SidetrackAg
AG
PanTangTyger said:

TexAg1987 said:

It would be funny if Texas and OU are successful at breaking up the Big 12 at the end of the year and they come to the SEC saying they are ready to join and the SEC says "Great! See you in 2025"

Ummm...interesting point.

I'm no contract law expert, but wouldn't moving the timeline up require another vote? Even if expected? The potential re-scheduling (read as Abandoning) of years-old OOC home-and-home agreements, some of which are 50% completed, could complicate things...just not sure how much.

Which begs the question, have these already been addressed...according to master plan?
That's a good point
philevans
AG
OG UNF said:

Quote:

tu fits in anywhere there is money to be had.
Quote:

...OU and Texas have to officially accept the offer, which could happen as soon as Friday...

...Kevin Eltife, chairman of the Texas board of regents, said Thursday night that he wasn't concerned about any potential "fit" issues for the Longhorns.

"I think Texas fits in anywhere," he said, cautioning that nothing is a done deal and it could be years before any changes take place.

Eltife added: "If we accept something, it may not be until 2025. I mean, a lot's gonna change in the next four years. So I think you have to plan for the future."

TXlic GIGM61
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.