Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

t.u. board chairman already making cryptic statements about other options

6,346 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by philevans
Deplorable
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Quote:

...OU and Texas have to officially accept the offer, which could happen as soon as Friday...

...Kevin Eltife, chairman of the Texas board of regents, said Thursday night that he wasn't concerned about any potential "fit" issues for the Longhorns.

"I think Texas fits in anywhere," he said, cautioning that nothing is a done deal and it could be years before any changes take place.

Eltife added: "If we accept something, it may not be until 2025. I mean, a lot's gonna change in the next four years. So I think you have to plan for the future."

rootube
AG
I guess you have to hope that the SEC is good at lawyering that way if the horns get cold feet at least they have to pay as their parting gift.
BeefAg_00~
This thing doesn't like D pics.
hbtheduce
AG
I hope they stall and Clemson takes their place. That would be cool.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
That's just someone talking a little loosely after the lawyers have said to be careful what you say in public.
Deplorable
they just made it official for 2025

AggieOO
The big 12 GOR goes through 2025. That's all he's talking about. The big 12 won't exist that long though.
halfastros81
AG
It's worthwhile for the Big 12 to try to remain intact imo both for the GOR money but also they could possibly be one of the top 4 remaining conferences after this all shakes out IF they handle things well. I could see scenarios where the ACC breaks up after getting pilfered by the Big and SEC.
yell_on_6th st
AG
Eltife is like Bilbo Baggins going off on an adventure.
Alpha Texan
AG
yell_on_6th st said:

Eltife is like Bilbo Baggins going off on an adventure.
"HORNS? What's horns, precious?"

"LONG-HORNS! Boil'em, mash'em, stick'em in a stew."
My Name Is Judge
"Texas has changed, it's not gonna be like it was. They're coming to the sec hat in hand"

-Texags apologists

I'm absolutely shocked that only a day after the vote they're already spouting off, as arrogant as ever. lolz
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
OG UNF said:

Expecting sooner
civil77
AG
Regarding the comment comparing Kevin Eltife to The Tolkien character.

While on his adventure, Bilbo acquired influential, capable friends and returned with a gold ring. Is this what you mean?

Mr. Eltife is apparently off to a good start!
TyperWoods
Nothing's official until 2025, yet.
greg.w.h
AG
I think OU enters in due course. I doubt Texas does.
Tex117
AG
LOL, if its really 2025, there is an absolute avalanche of things that could happen by then.
Buford T. Justice
AG
They'll end up in the Big 10.
And I think that is the best fit for them, us and everyone else.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
OG UNF said:

The assumption is that t.u. honors this proclamation. This makes me laugh.
Faustus
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

OG UNF said:

The placeholder might be the best deal on the table by the time the Big 12 folds.
SidetrackAg
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

OG UNF said:

Sip will do what is best for sip. There is also no penalty for leaving the SEC
AggieOO
halfastros81 said:

It's worthwhile for the Big 12 to try to remain intact imo both for the GOR money but also they could possibly be one of the top 4 remaining conferences after this all shakes out IF they handle things well. I could see scenarios where the ACC breaks up after getting pilfered by the Big and SEC.

I don't disagree but what has the big 12 ever handled well?
Sully Dog
Quote:

"I think Texas fits in anywhere,"
Says the pretentious ***** having to move league for the fourth time.
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
LincolnBorglum79
AG
tu is already busy working on their exit strategy before they have to play actual games. They simply wanted to prove they could get in the SEC. Mission Accomplished. Now full on retreat.
greg.w.h
AG
Oklahoma State having serous discussions with the Big Ten with AAU membership not being an impediment (if true) could mean the Big Ten expands to 18 first. Kansas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and potentially Texas. Or perhaps Iowa State instead of OU if they stay.

It just smells of Oklahoma bringing Texas to avoid the PAC rejection. And not bringing Oklahoma State for the same reason.
SidetrackAg
AG
greg.w.h said:

Oklahoma State having serous discussions with the Big Ten with AAU membership not being an impediment (if true) could mean the Big Ten expands to 18 first. Kansas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and potentially Texas. Or perhaps Iowa State instead of OU if they stay.

It just smells of Oklahoma bringing Texas to avoid the PAC rejection. And not bringing Oklahoma State for the same reason.

Where are you hearing this?
aggiehawg
AG
SidetrackAg said:

greg.w.h said:

Where are you hearing this?
He's being sarcastic. It's a joke.
Nino Brown
They could also be using the SEC for recruiting purposes for the next year or two with no real intentions of actually joining the SEC and waiting for Big 10 to allow OU in. We get ESPN estimates while Big 10 plays Fox for bigger deal down the road.
SidetrackAg
AG
I like talking about these scenarios, but I'm about 99% confident that they will be playing in the SEC. this is damn good discussion though!
woodlees
AG
Sully Dog said:

Quote:

"I think Texas fits in anywhere,"
Says the pretentious ***** having to move league for the fourth time.
yeah they fit in, just like a psycho mother in law
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Showstopper
AG
Yeah I want one of these hypotheticals to come true, but joining the SEC is the smart decision, so that's the decision you should expect them to make.
LincolnBorglum79
AG
When did tu play in a conference they didn't control with 6-8 great teams? This ain't their thing. They like the 1 or 2 huge games with cream puffs filling in the rest. SWC never had Several great teams at once. Big 12 had Nebraska for a while but that still wasn't close to what the SEC is now.

tu wants to be Norte Dame and won't stop until they are independent.

TexAg1987
It would be funny if Texas and OU are successful at breaking up the Big 12 at the end of the year and they come to the SEC saying they are ready to join and the SEC says "Great! See you in 2025"

greg.w.h
AG
There are tons of rumors. But they are like agents promoting outcomes for their clients. So I discount until more info emerges.

https://dailycaller.com/2021/07/25/report-big-ten-oklahoma-state-talks-expansion/

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2021/07/24/big-ten-has-engaged-in-unofficial-talks-with-oklahoma-state-report/

https://spartanswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/25/report-oklahoma-state-actively-expressing-interest-in-joining-big-ten/

No updates since 7/25, though.

greg.w.h
AG
LincolnBorglum79 said:

When did tu play in a conference they didn't control with 6-8 great teams? This ain't their thing. They like the 1 or 2 huge games with cream puffs filling in the rest. SWC never had Several great teams at once. Big 12 had Nebraska for a while but that still wasn't close to what the SEC is now.

At various times there were several very good teams including a period for Rice, TCU, Tech, Baylor, Houston, and SMU. And of course Arkansas, us, and Texas. But it definitely was not a sweeping history like the modern dynasty era of the SEC. BUT more than half of that is Bama. LSU snuck in one in 2019 and Georgia is definitely an up and comer.

The Big 12 was more of an unbalanced conference like the SEC has been recently. I have not come praise it but to bury it
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
LincolnBorglum79 said:

Independent, eh? The door is that way >
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.