Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What this Sip has heard

37,634 Views | 166 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Emilio Fantastico
rgag12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
West Point Aggie said:

I actually feel bad or Texas Tech and oSu and teeny bit for TCU

BayLOL not so much

Tech OSU, ISU, and KSU are reportedly already in talks with the PAC-12.

Apparently the PAC wants nothing to do with church schools, so TCU and Baylor can go to conference USA I guess
Know Your Enemy
AG
I went to a luncheon with Jackie Sherrill about a decade ago where he said college football will move to 4 super conferences that will wave goodbye to the NCAA and run things as a group.
Tex117
AG
Dr. Teeth said:

Tex117 said:

Texas, is absolutely a Top program.

As a brand, sure. They sell a LOT of t-shirts.

Are they an elite program on the field? No, and they haven't been in a long time and it's doubtful if they could be ever again in the currently configured Big 12. It appears that they finally figured that out.
Correct. But Texas knows damn will it has little to do with wins and losses. The SEC thinks like you do...and that will end up costing them.

As ive stated in other threads...Im going to laugh at Alabama the hardest when they continue to beat Texas on the filed, and the power of the conference still shifts West.

Today's winner for the General Board Burrito Lottery is:

Tex117
Tex117
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

I went to a luncheon with Jackie Sherrill about a decade ago where he said college football will move to 4 super conferences that will wave goodbye to the NCAA and run things as a group.
I think he is right...and I think this OU TExas thing is truly the first move towards that.

Tex117
Aggieair
Wow, so now instead of an extra $10M a year it's $15M? I can't wait for it to be $20M tomorrow.

If OU/tu actually added $15M a year to the existing members, that would mean they're bringing in an extra $300M a year to the conference, at least, for a total of over $1.05B in conference revenue. That's 88% of what the Big 12 paid out to it's members last year ($340M). Seems pretty arrogant to assume those 2 schools account for 88% of the Big 12's revenue, especially for a "brand" whose network lost money for at least the first 5 years in its existence.

Furthermore, tu/OU already have it made in the Big 12 because of the upcoming 6 highest ranked CCG autobids. Why add at least 2 more losses to your schedule in the SEC and pass up a free playoff spot? The extra money means nothing if your program can't win anything and becomes irrelevant. And tu has to give up its $15M a year from the LHN.

Also, OP's friends clearly haven't bothered to look at Big 12 bylaws.

1. Teams can't leave without 18 months notice. So there's no way they're joining the SEC for the 2022 season.

2. Both teams owe almost $80M each as a buyout fee under normal circumstances.

3. Even then, the Big 12 still owns their Tier 1 and 2 media rights through the 24-25 season. It makes absolutely no sense.
el_guapo
OP,
We left to get away from your school's diva mentality towards everyone. They ran the B12 and pissed off all it's members and 4 schools had the wherewithall to leave. Your school laughed at us going to the low-life redneck conference and said you'd never play us again - until you needed us and accused us of being too scared to play. Now that those efforts have failed and you've destroyed the B12, here you come, hat in hand, desperately afraid of losing ground to the SEC (and A&M), wanting SEC money to bail you out of the terrible business model and conference that you've built. Sorry, but you can't "politics aside" this one. The whole foundation of our animosity is politics.

From and A&M perspective, I hope you can see how ticked we are about this. We left to get away from you because we don't like you, your political leanings, arrogance and attitude. And here we are - you've moved into our new neighborhood like the psycho ex we tried to leave. We fear/know your school will bring it's arrogant disgusting woke mentality and try to run everything. Our disdain for tu goes WAY beyond recruiting wars and on the field rivalries.
offenseguru
AG
You actually haven't seen how our ratings have done really well in the markets you mention as poor. Another arrogant asshat.

They in fact have eclipsed Texas and OU in those markets for many games. Not to say you won't do better in ratings when u actually play an opponent. And not to say I don't agree with your assertion the new TV deal is incrementally significant.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Tex117 said:

Know Your Enemy said:

I think he is right...and I think this OU TExas thing is truly the first move towards that.
Thanks, Captain Obvious. That's clearly where this is all heading. The point of my post was that Jackie called it a decade ago. I remember how shocked everyone in the room was when he said it. It's taken longer than he anticipated (can't remember what his timeline was but it wasn't 10 years) but he nailed it.
Ghost Mech
OP don't worry about all the negativity, normally Ags aren't a bunch of raging *******......most of the posters here are just on the same menstrual cycle and this unexpected announcement caught them off guard.

They will calm down in a few days and realize that its going to be fun beating your arrogant/entitled asses.

I look forward it seeing your overrated QBs carted off the field on a stretcher in the future.

West Point Aggie
AG
rgag12 said:

West Point Aggie said:

BayLOL not so much

Apparently the PAC wants nothing to do with church schools, so TCU and Baylor can go to conference USA I guess

So Texas Tech gets to rub elbows with Stanford and UC Berkeley and not the sippies? he he he he he
Let’s Go Brandon!
West Point Aggie
AG
I'm gonna go ahead and guess that every big 12 team can literally do horns down all game long and not one penalty will be called
Let’s Go Brandon!
JodyMcD96
AG
Tex117 said:

UT 93 said:

Simply put the Texas and OU brands were something that the SEC did not think they could pass up.

You posted alot of words, but this is all that matters.

Its not about TV and markets. Thats now where college football is headed. This is an old way of thinking.

The future of college football is now in an arms race to get as most eyes on players as possible no matter where they are in the country. This means streaming. This means NIL.

Moreover, with the addition of Texas and OU, the SEC becomes the defacto axis of college athletics...strong enough even to break with the NCAA if they wanted.

This was probably inevitable.....its sucks for the Aggies in the short term, but long term...it will equal out.

What the SEC doesn't understand is that it will lose the whole "Saturday Down South" vibe. Again, maybe that was inevitable with the NIL thing going on.

Also, the SEC underestimtes not only Texas's ability to exert power and influence (even when they lose on the field), but A&Ms potential to side with Texas on things. If Texas and Texas A&M agree to work together on a few things....it will accelerate the stripping of the power of the Old Guard SEC.

Texas A&M I think should actually bury the hatcht quickly with Texas....and position itself as a swing vote between both the Old Guard and Texas...We can actually leverage the power of Texas and the Old Guard to our advantage if we play it right.

I like where you're going with the Machiavelli angle.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
**** Texas and their fans.
McInnis80
Dr. Teeth said:

You forgot the Big 8. Nebraska vs. Oklahoma was a HUGE rivalry, and with the formation of the Big 12, it became a interdivisional game that didn't even happen half the time. And now it's gone completely.

You are absolutely correct that the have no idea, and no intention, of being an equal partner. It won't take them long to start questioning why Vanderbilt is getting the same size check as them
Mississippi and Mississippi State, beware. The Horns are going to feel that a trip to StarkVegas is beneath the might University of Texas, and the ole Miss history will remind UT of their own history.
whatthehey78
AG
Old Ag here...so yeah, I'm not for this. IF NIL and $ is in-fact the driving force behind this, then IMHO college FB is doomed. I don't think we're going to enjoy what the game will become. Money rarely, if ever truly fixes anything in the long run.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
MSCAg
AG
Honestly, at this point I accept it's a fine deal.

People here can say what they want, but bringing in tu and OU basically locks up the Texas market for the SEC and adds two big brands to it.

But all this just feels like an interim step till the big conferences ditch the NCAA and form the NFL lite.
_______________________________________________________ O Fortuna, velut Luna, statu variabilis, semper crescis, aut decrescis;
Sterling82
I'm to the point of not caring much either way. If reports are true the SEC used us to get a viable network via the Texas market and now deliberately plans to screw us. It's fantasy, but I would love to see tu back out and A&M push FSU as a replacement. That would be a great league and maybe UF can be kept in the dark during the process.
Sq 12 Ag
AG
Will the SEC ban "horns down?"
UT 93
As I mentioned from the beginning these are things that I heard and there is no question many of those items probably come strait out of the Texas talking points. Whether the statements about the I-35 corridor are accurate or not I can't really say but I am convinced that adding Texas/OU will capture the entire state for the SEC.

I get the hatred and to be brutally honest my feelings for UT has changed drastically over the last several years. Outside of athletics I refuse to donate any money to UT as I just cannot support the extremism on that campus.

How will Texas and ou fair in the SEC if this situation comes to fruition?
Football wise, I think ou will do extremely well and will be competing for conference championships and will always be a factor in the expanded playoff. I don't think Texas will be in that boat outside of few good teams every 4 to 5 years. Why, I don't think the city of Austin and UT is necessarily a great place for a football powerhouse. I have many strong reasons why I believe but it boils down to overall environment. Football requires a level of discipline and commitment that I'm not sure works in a big city but especially a "woke" campus like UT. It is so easy to be pulled in so many directions where most of the powerhouse SEC schools are in smaller cities/towns where football is priority number one. I could see Texas having maybe Auburn type success where they catch lightning in a bottle every now and then. I see aTm & ou generally owning the upper hand on UT unless Sark is way better than I think he is.

Now if you want to talk hoops I have the exact opposite opinion. I think Texas will become a top 10 power in hoops with the new arena and Beard. This new arena that is being built plus the other facilities are absolutely unreal and I think Beard is one of the top coaches out there. Basketball players are used to playing AU circuits in big cities etc. and I think big time players will be attracted to Austin and the liberal aspect of UT.

Just my .02

Hook'Em
aggiehawg
AG
Sq 12 Ag said:

Will the SEC ban "horns down?"
They better not. If the SEC kowtows to the sips on that, then they are already being coddled by the league office.
Tex117
AG
JodyMcD96 said:

Tex117 said:

UT 93 said:

Simply put the Texas and OU brands were something that the SEC did not think they could pass up.

Its not about TV and markets. Thats now where college football is headed. This is an old way of thinking.

The future of college football is now in an arms race to get as most eyes on players as possible no matter where they are in the country. This means streaming. This means NIL.

Moreover, with the addition of Texas and OU, the SEC becomes the defacto axis of college athletics...strong enough even to break with the NCAA if they wanted.

This was probably inevitable.....its sucks for the Aggies in the short term, but long term...it will equal out.

What the SEC doesn't understand is that it will lose the whole "Saturday Down South" vibe. Again, maybe that was inevitable with the NIL thing going on.

Also, the SEC underestimtes not only Texas's ability to exert power and influence (even when they lose on the field), but A&Ms potential to side with Texas on things. If Texas and Texas A&M agree to work together on a few things....it will accelerate the stripping of the power of the Old Guard SEC.

Texas A&M I think should actually bury the hatcht quickly with Texas....and position itself as a swing vote between both the Old Guard and Texas...We can actually leverage the power of Texas and the Old Guard to our advantage if we play it right.

I like where you're going with the Machiavelli angle.

Well, playing "good ol boy" has gotten the Aggies nowhere.

Hopefully our administration is trying to play the hand they are dealt to actually leverage power. This seems to be the best way to do it.

Tex117
the_batman26
AG
bwmammoth said:

Solid post, but questions if tu joins SEC:

Will tu band play fight song?

Will tu continue dildo marches?

Will tu be "back?"

Lol I forgot about how their entire fight song was in jeopardy.
death from below
‘18
Chester
azhector72 said:

I hate you guys!

But, I see this as a good thing as the majority of the Aggs are still living in the past.

I have stated before, you are not the enemy today, Oregon, OSU and Clemson are the enemy especially with NIL.

Those schools are nothing without Texas recruits, I mean nothing.

Keep them in state!! There is enough blue chip recruits in Texas and we cant get them all, but stay in state!!

Welcome to the SEC and looking forward to kicking you ass, at least for the next five years, after that it will be interesting.

Peace
Gigem!
As far as tu getting in NOPE, NEVER, NUNCA!!!
Chester
2thFixinAg
Aggieair said:

Wow, so now instead of an extra $10M a year it's $15M? I can't wait for it to be $20M tomorrow.

If OU/tu actually added $15M a year to the existing members, that would mean they're bringing in an extra $300M a year to the conference, at least, for a total of over $1.05B in conference revenue. That's 88% of what the Big 12 paid out to it's members last year ($340M). Seems pretty arrogant to assume those 2 schools account for 88% of the Big 12's revenue, especially for a "brand" whose network lost money for at least the first 5 years in its existence.

Furthermore, tu/OU already have it made in the Big 12 because of the upcoming 6 highest ranked CCG autobids. Why add at least 2 more losses to your schedule in the SEC and pass up a free playoff spot? The extra money means nothing if your program can't win anything and becomes irrelevant. And tu has to give up its $15M a year from the LHN.

Also, OP's friends clearly haven't bothered to look at Big 12 bylaws.

1. Teams can't leave without 18 months notice. So there's no way they're joining the SEC for the 2022 season.

2. Both teams owe almost $80M each as a buyout fee under normal circumstances.

3. Even then, the Big 12 still owns their Tier 1 and 2 media rights through the 24-25 season. It makes absolutely no sense.

If the conference folds as everyone bails like rats from a sinking ship then what happens to your enumerations?
BigSneezy
UT 93 said:

I used to be a regular on this board but once aTm left for the SEC I pretty much quit coming to this board.

Before I state what I've heard a few things.

I played for UT during the early 90's when we got our asses absolutely destroyed by the Wrecking Crew outside of the 90 season. I have the utmost respect for the guys I played against back in those days and I was crushed when learning of the passing of Rodney Thomas back in 2014. I simply had unbelievable respect for him on and off the field.

I also totally understand and will be the first to admit that Texas killed the Big 12 conference. I know others say Texas killed the SWC but I don't buy that narrative. But the Big 12, Texas ego and always dictating everything ruined what imop could have been a well positioned conference for growth in the future. I despised Deloss Dodss, Fenves and almost all of UT's administration during those years.

I'm not some sort of BMD but I am fairly well connected and so you can take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt.

OU was the originator which should not be that surprising. They have been disgruntled with the Big 12 for quite some time but Texas and OU made the decision they were a package deal several years ago.

The schools made the decision in about 2019 that the likelihood either would extend their GOR past 2025 was unlikely.

Texas and OU reached out to SEC in the late November/Early December time frame. I was told only a few schools were brought in initially with those likely being Bama, Auburn, Georgia and Florida. Things starting moving fairly quickly from then on with aTm, Arkansas and Mizzou being kept in the dark.

The next part I struggle to accept but this is what I heard. When Texas hired Sark and his staff (several from Bama) part of their messaging was that Texas and OU would be moving to the SEC as these coaches were reluctant to leave the SEC. Texas discussed this with Beard when he came over from Tech.

If the move occurs look for no later than 2023 and it could be as early as 2022.

Why is the SEC interested. Obviously speculative but some of the notes I've heard.

While aTm and LSU deliver much of East Texas and the Houston markets they have not really had a great ratings impact on the rest of Texas especially the I-35 corridor from San Antonio to DFW and West. Adding Texas and OU delivers almost the entire Texas market plus OK.

There is concern of a Texas/OU package with Notre Dame to either the Big 10 or ACC..

I've heard that the new media rights package will move the payday per school from $44M per year to over $60M per year..

The belief is the announcement could come as early as 1st week of August if not sooner. However, this is not a done deal yet and still a fluid situation.

I will say as a former player, removing all of the politics from the table, I look forward to this game being played again. All I have to do is look at the atmosphere earlier this year at Olsen field on a Tuesday night that speaks to the fun of the games between these two universities. Yet at the same time I fully understand why aTm fans and administrators are 100000X against this realignment.

Hook'Em

If that's the case, then that's three no votes. For sure. Just on principle.
Bag
AG
Quote:

While aTm and LSU deliver much of East Texas and the Houston markets they have not really had a great ratings impact on the rest of Texas especially the I-35 corridor from San Antonio to DFW and West. Adding Texas and OU delivers almost the entire Texas market plus OK.
WRONG
woodlees
AG
UT 93 said:

I used to be a regular on this board but once aTm left for the SEC I pretty much quit coming to this board.

Before I state what I've heard a few things.

I played for UT during the early 90's when we got our asses absolutely destroyed by the Wrecking Crew outside of the 90 season. I have the utmost respect for the guys I played against back in those days and I was crushed when learning of the passing of Rodney Thomas back in 2014. I simply had unbelievable respect for him on and off the field.

I also totally understand and will be the first to admit that Texas killed the Big 12 conference. I know others say Texas killed the SWC but I don't buy that narrative. But the Big 12, Texas ego and always dictating everything ruined what imop could have been a well positioned conference for growth in the future. I despised Deloss Dodss, Fenves and almost all of UT's administration during those years.

I'm not some sort of BMD but I am fairly well connected and so you can take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt.

OU was the originator which should not be that surprising. They have been disgruntled with the Big 12 for quite some time but Texas and OU made the decision they were a package deal several years ago.

The schools made the decision in about 2019 that the likelihood either would extend their GOR past 2025 was unlikely.

Texas and OU reached out to SEC in the late November/Early December time frame. I was told only a few schools were brought in initially with those likely being Bama, Auburn, Georgia and Florida. Things starting moving fairly quickly from then on with aTm, Arkansas and Mizzou being kept in the dark.

The next part I struggle to accept but this is what I heard. When Texas hired Sark and his staff (several from Bama) part of their messaging was that Texas and OU would be moving to the SEC as these coaches were reluctant to leave the SEC. Texas discussed this with Beard when he came over from Tech.

If the move occurs look for no later than 2023 and it could be as early as 2022.

Why is the SEC interested. Obviously speculative but some of the notes I've heard.

There is concern of a Texas/OU package with Notre Dame to either the Big 10 or ACC..

I've heard that the new media rights package will move the payday per school from $44M per year to over $60M per year..

The belief is the announcement could come as early as 1st week of August if not sooner. However, this is not a done deal yet and still a fluid situation.

I will say as a former player, removing all of the politics from the table, I look forward to this game being played again. All I have to do is look at the atmosphere earlier this year at Olsen field on a Tuesday night that speaks to the fun of the games between these two universities. Yet at the same time I fully understand why aTm fans and administrators are 100000X against this realignment.

Hook'Em
You destroyed your own credibility by suggesting Texas A and M doesn't deliver Texas market. Our schools enrollment is bigger than tu and over the past decade we have more graduates living in the state of Texas
Do me and others a favor. Don't post here again, and leave the website, am sure Luicci will refund what you paid to get on with real Aggies. . Why would a tsip pay to be on this website unless you are a troll. Gonna be fun watching you get your butts kicked so much more than the last two years in the B12 dumpster fire
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Seriously77
Tex117 said:

UT 93 said:

Manager material.
The two Texas schools wealth could castrate Bama within 5 years.

We must align ourselves with the sips, politically too cover our backs. Let's be honest, we will clean up with the recruiting using the NIL formula, no one can touch our resources except our wayward cousins from Austin.

Everyone of our starters will be worth millions.
Tex117
AG
Seriously77 said:

Tex117 said:

UT 93 said:

Manager material.
The two Texas schools wealth could castrate Bama within 5 years.

We must align ourselves with the sips, politically too cover our backs. Let's be honest, we will clean up with the recruiting using the NIL formula, no one can touch our resources except our wayward cousins from Austin.

Everyone of our starters will be worth millions.
I mean, we need to operate with open eyes and would be fools to "trust" Texas, but not trusting doesn't mean we can't get some things done that benefit Texas A&M at the expense of the "Old Guard."

But man, you are right...the starters will be worth millions...

Tex117
Cobra39
Did not read.

Go back under your rock.

Cobra39
Texmexag
AG
To op: your school is a cancer and representative of so many things wrong with athletics and society as a whole. You will ruin the SEC with your entitled arrogance and self centered situational ethics. That is simply who UT is.
redjalapeno-87
West Point Aggie said:

rgag12 said:

West Point Aggie said:

BayLOL not so much

So Texas Tech gets to rub elbows with Stanford and UC Berkeley and not the sippies? he he he he he
The PAC will eventually ban tortilla products and batteries. And their buses will have anti-piss warning systems.
Slicer97
AG
It's too bad that Bama, Auburn, Florida, and Georgia are too short-sighted to remember that Nebraska ran the Big 8. Until it didn't.
redjalapeno-87
whatthehey78 said:

Old Ag here...so yeah, I'm not for this. IF NIL and $ is in-fact the driving force behind this, then IMHO college FB is doomed. I don't think we're going to enjoy what the game will become. Money rarely, if ever truly fixes anything in the long run.
College football is dead. Welcome to the semi-pro league. And don't forget to donate.
redjalapeno-87
Slicer97 said:

It's too bad that Bama, Auburn, Florida, and Georgia are too short-sighted to remember that Nebraska ran the Big 8. Until it didn't.
BAMA, Aubie, Fluridah, and George are "hicks" and "rednecks" to Texsa. They know nothing of Texsa building full of attorneys and vast media/propaganda complex. The politics they will lose.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.