Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Bohls: A&M was NOT told about this deal

15,714 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by coupland boy
Deluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
hunter2012 said:

1) Bohls' source is just trying to rile up Aggies. It may or may not be true (who knows) but it accomplishes the UT objective to stir up drama between A&M and the SEC. Mission accomplished from that perspective.

2) It's possible everything Bohls is true but framed in a diva way. Maybe UT (and their OU little bro) was talking to Sankey and Sankey didn't include any of the individual SEC schools. So while A&M was left out, so was everyone else. Honestly that would have been the smartest way to handle this from the get-go if I'm Sankey. Get the terms of a potential deal down, then bring in the AD's to assess when the potential deal has some clarity and there's actually something to discuss.
hunter2012
AG
Scientific said:

Screw it. Bring the title game to Houston or Dallas after 2026. At this point, being the nice Ags is out the door.
The rest of the CFB world hates our "us-against-the-world" attitude, but sh*t like this is exactly why. In the end we're just too tempting a target to backstab.
Quartz
This is Baghdad Bob level of propaganda by Texas. We and the SEC will now be in the manipulation tumble these guys do all the time.
AgBQ-00
AG
Deluxe said:

hunter2012 said:

1) Bohls' source is just trying to rile up Aggies. It may or may not be true (who knows) but it accomplishes the UT objective to stir up drama between A&M and the SEC. Mission accomplished from that perspective.

2) It's possible everything Bohls is true but framed in a diva way. Maybe UT (and their OU little bro) was talking to Sankey and Sankey didn't include any of the individual SEC schools. So while A&M was left out, so was everyone else. Honestly that would have been the smartest way to handle this from the get-go if I'm Sankey. Get the terms of a potential deal down, then bring in the AD's to assess when the potential deal has some clarity and there's actually something to discuss.

This is it. The framing is always where the lie is when it comes to sip mouthpieces
hunter2012
AG
I'm not pissed at the horns, I'm pissed at our own conference that's supposed to be the best and most secure, jumped at the first chance to backstab us and sneak schools that we did not want into the backdoor.

Sankey should have at least included us in the conversation when they approached, the mere fact that they didn't is self admission that it's against our self interest and they know it but they happily backstab us anyway.
rsf0626
If would be shocked if this is true. A&M would probably sue the **** out of the conference if something this massive was kept in the dark on purpose
rsf0626
Heisenberg01
AG
Kirk is on Texags Radio right now and told Olin of course Texas will not be content not running the conference. This needs to be played for every SEC school president to make sure they know what they are getting into.

Of course they won't, but interesting their mouthpiece even admits it.
rbcs_2
AG
hunter2012 said:

I'm not pissed at the horns, I'm pissed at our own conference that's supposed to be the best and most secure, jumped at the first chance to backstab us and sneak schools that we did not want into the backdoor.

Sankey should have at least included us in the conversation when they approached, the mere fact that they didn't is self admission that it's against our self interest and they know it but they happily backstab us anyway.
Bohls has already proven that his sources aren't the best in all this though and why would you trust a supposed Big 12 source on the inner workings of the SEC?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
6 months ago:
tu - hey SEC, let us in
SEC - piss off

Two days ago:
tu - hey, we have been discussing this for 6 months and the stupid old aggeyeeys didn't even know. Stupid ****eeeys.
Gaius Julius Bevo
Heisenberg01 said:

Kirk is on Texags Radio right now and told Olin of course Texas will not be content not running the conference. This needs to be played for every SEC school president to make sure they know what they are getting into.

People who follow the Horns know Kirk Bohls has been coasting on the job for a very long time. He has few sources that actually know anything. I would discount what Bohls says A LOT. Wait for another "journalist" to write a story.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Heisenberg01 said:

F#*% Greg Snake-y

aggiehawg
AG
If this has been under discussion behind our backs, the sips have already poisoned the SEC. The family has been torn asunder. Hard to trust Birmingham much going forward.
. . .
Gaius Julius Bevo
Gaius Julius Bevo said:

Heisenberg01 said:

People who follow the Horns know Kirk Bohls has been coasting on the job for a very long time. He has few sources that actually know anything. I would discount what Bohls says A LOT. Wait for another "journalist" to write a story.

Well.... Pete Thamel posted this. I certainly trust his accuracy a lot more than Bohls.

BadAggie
AG
Deluxe said:

hunter2012 said:

This just makes tu look all the more desperate. They are losing in recruiting and certainly don't have any buzz about their program. A&M in the SEC has paid off for us. When this attempt inevitably fails, it won't be a good look for Austin, so I don't buy that this is designed to create discord. They need something, anything, so someone, be it their AD, ESPN, whoever, floated this to try to make it happen.
Racer X
jb6092
if every school was left in the dark there could be no progress that would suggest a deal is imminent. 6 months of discussion with no involvement from the schools would be a huge waste of time.
AGinHI
AG
So, the first action the sips take in becoming members of the SEC is in effect "cheating" their way in through backroom deals.

And everyone else wonders why Ags have the feelings they do.

Well F the sips. F the SEC. And be damn if this doesn't leave a bad taste in my mouth for the last bastion of sports entertainment in my life.

Since 1998 I have only watched the Texas Aggies. But the direction college athletics is going, and has been going, more and more my interest wanes.
Aston 91
AG
As an Austin resident, I don't put much stock in anything Bohls reports, and assume he's generally just trying to stir the pot and generate clicks. One of my favorite things about Charlie Strong (besides the fact that he lost a lot of games) was that he never got Bohls' first name right. Always addressed him as Curt instead of Kirk.
BadAggie
AG
Sources tell me this is a sip wet dream.
dcg4403
AG
This entire subject has had me so worked up since Wednesday I almost can't sleep!

All of this is very hard to believe if you look logically across the board. I understand the power of adding TU and OU and don't disagree that we need to expand the SEC over time in order to maintain the leagues dominance.

However, it is hard to believe that other school Presidents would intentionally hide any preliminary negotiations. So either Sankey did this privately with some secretive help from UT law firms which makes the most sense. And he hopes to present a package deal that no majority President votes would refuse due to the immense revenue gain. Knowing Ags are gonna say NO no matter how much money is involved. If so, I am butt hurt and have some hate towards Sankey.

But I believe in the moral culture of the SEC. Maybe Sankey is trying a sneaky strategy. But I hope the other Presidenrs would not want to rock the SEC boat by dismissing A&M. Ags have enough power and influence to not be completely ignored. I pray that we still have some gentlemen and woman left at the President level.

Having said all this, I see the need for TU and OU in the SEC. I just personally want TU to remain in time out for several more years. Too much fun to watch TU hanging themselves due to their arrogance. So if they join in 2025, I am OK with it. Also secures the future of the SEC as THE superpower conference.
Bunk Moreland

ABATTBQ11
AG
We should wait for chip brown to chime in and then assume the opposite of whatever he says.
Sq 17
It would take Disney months to run the numbers and figure out the $$$ that the Disney will be promising the members schools.

Bama , UGa, UF , LSU, have likely known since the beginning and were on board or Disney would not have bothered running the numbers

How long Arky & Mizzou etc. have known is debatable If it is a done deal they are on board but it seems logical they were not brought in until the teams that really mattered had given it the ok & the preliminary Disney offer was ready to be revealed

It is so cute that people believed there was equality in the SEC
It is Animal Farm and "some are more equal than others "
BadAggie
AG
1. tu shows up, says 'We're Texas' and asks the SEC to be let in.

2. tu rejected by SEC.

3. LOLs to ensue.

redjalapeno-87
rws92 said:

AgDotCom said:

OP, I don't for one second believe this happened.
Really?, New broke to our admin and coach at SEC media days and you don't believe this is possible?
I concur. There's your sign.
Aggie GIGolo
AG
I suspect the power brokers at Bama are arrogant enough that they can manage Texas. Good luck with that.

Sanky about to let the fox in the hen house.
Farmaggie
AG
It has been said by multiple posters so I don't really need to repeat it. Yet, the chorus of voices growing louder might finally convince some of the nonbelievers: This whole thing and the way it is being handled is exactly why A&M doesn't trust anything coming out of Austin and anything that involves them. This is business as usual and the rest of the SEC should be forewarned. If they vote to accept, they live with the consequences. It's unfortunate that A&M will also be forced to live with the consequences.
offenseguru
AG
Spot on
redjalapeno-87
Sq 17 said:

It would take Disney months to run the numbers and figure out the $$$ that the Disney will be promising the members schools.

Bama , UGa, UF , LSU, have likely known since the beginning and were on board or Disney would not have bothered running the numbers

How long Arky & Mizzou etc. have known is debatable If it is a done deal they are on board but it seems logical they were not brought in until the teams that really mattered had given it the ok & the preliminary Disney offer was ready to be revealed

It is so cute that people believed there was equality in the SEC
It is Animal Farm and "some are more equal than others "
One thing is for sure. Texas A&M officials were left out in the cold. Whichever conference members pre-approved this deal stabbed us in the back.
aggiehawg
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Okay, that's just BS. If other conferences really wanted them, we would have heard about that. That's a leak for the sips to save some face here.
hunter2012
AG
Gaius Julius Bevo said:

Gaius Julius Bevo said:

Heisenberg01 said:

Well.... Pete Thamel posted this. I certainly trust his accuracy a lot more than Bohls.

It needs to be more than a staunch objection, Pres. Banks needs to show up at the meeting with a flamethrower.
Bunk Moreland
aggiehawg said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Okay, that's just BS. If other conferences really wanted them, we would have heard about that. That's a leak for the sips to save some face here.

Why would we have heard about it? We didn't hear about the SEC talking with tu/OU until an A&M source leaked it this week...otherwise we'd have heard it officially next week. The sips don't have to save face for anything in this situation unfortunately.
Jbob04
AG
Looch said the ACC reached out to both tu and ou first about joining them but tu and ou then decided to reach out to the SEC instead.
BadAggie
AG
aggiehawg said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Correct. ****ting on every other Big XII conference member a decade ago and going it alone with their own network didn't work out as intended. Their brand continues to diminish. This is grasping at straws, just like believing that the next coach is going to change their fortunes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.