Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Football Forum

8,155 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by zephyr88
Krautag81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is really sad, here we our the week of our first game and this forum is dead. Normally, this site would be lit up. Most of the stories brought up are negative. Okay, I'm through venting.
Aggie09!
AG
Get a dog.
AggieOO
Aggie09! said:

Get a dog.
this phrase should be auto perma ban.
BoxingAg84
When the season starts, buy stars.
MouthBQ98
AG
2020 has everyone distracted. I'm totally looking forward to Saturday. My plan consists of fishing all morning on lake Travis, Drinking and floating in the lake and listening to sports updates until early afternoon, then heading home to watch the game.

People can't tailgate, can't go up sports bars, and are discouraged from having big watch parties. It's just hard to get into the mood, but it will happen.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I am looking forward to the Aggies' first game this Saturday, and I will be streaming this game from home. I would like to go to a watch party, but there probably won't be one in Austin. I had season tickets from 2017 to 2019. I was going to renew my season tickets for 2020, but I decided not to because I knew the pandemic would prevent tailgating, going to sports bars, and gathering in large watch parties. I hope to go to one game this season.
Alpha Texan
AG
OilFieldIRI
S
MouthBQ98 said:

2020 has everyone distracted. I'm totally looking forward to Saturday. My plan consists of fishing all morning on lake Travis, Drinking and floating in the lake and listening to sports updates until early afternoon, then heading home to watch the game.

People can't tailgate, can't go up sports bars, and are discouraged from having big watch parties. It's just hard to get into the mood, but it will happen.
That sounds like a great plan. I might have to do some fishing with my youngest in the morning then head home for the game...
mcag83
AG
It's the New Norm.....
Like anyone can even know that.
Space-Tech
When every other thread is denigrating Aggie football players because they choose to support and issue that rubs the older Aggies the wrong way and that they "should be grateful for the free education they receive" as if that somehow forfeits all their other rights as a human being, it gets pretty tiresome.

Take Mond. He should be criticized for his inconsistent passing, questionable awareness, and overall playmaking ability. Not his stance on BLM, or his Confederate ancestry, as if he somehow had some say in who his ancestors were.

Or Ausbon. Ranked #3 in the 30 players in 30 days and now that he opted out even on the TexAgs radio show they were backtracking on him, saying "maybe he's top 10, but not top 5". And of course he's being roasted here in the forums as being a "quitter" and that's among the nicer things said about him along with Hines.

Texags was always a contentious space, especially between the sunshine pumpers and the pot bangers. But Covid-19 and the death of George Floyd and the resulting social justice movement has brought on the full toxicity of F16 into nearly every forum and a relatively small cohort of forum members will vehemently denounce and reject anyone who opposes their viewpoints.

Targeted flagging, being called a troll or alt of a banned user, and vague threats have made the zoo just too toxic to deal and it has drained all the fun out of these forums.
PERSON - WOMAN - MAN - CAMERA - TV
JRB78
AG
More and more, F16=TexAgs now.

It's become a tiresome place.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Flagged for being a bleeding vagine
AggieOO
your post will probably disappear soon.
SA-AG72
AG
Make the Zoo Great Again!
schmendeler
AG
Space-Tech said:

When every other thread is denigrating Aggie football players because they choose to support and issue that rubs the older Aggies the wrong way and that they "should be grateful for the free education they receive" as if that somehow forfeits all their other rights as a human being, it gets pretty tiresome.

Take Mond. He should be criticized for his inconsistent passing, questionable awareness, and overall playmaking ability. Not his stance on BLM, or his Confederate ancestry, as if he somehow had some say in who his ancestors were.

Or Ausbon. Ranked #3 in the 30 players in 30 days and now that he opted out even on the TexAgs radio show they were backtracking on him, saying "maybe he's top 10, but not top 5". And of course he's being roasted here in the forums as being a "quitter" and that's among the nicer things said about him along with Hines.

Texags was always a contentious space, especially between the sunshine pumpers and the pot bangers. But Covid-19 and the death of George Floyd and the resulting social justice movement has brought on the full toxicity of F16 into nearly every forum and a relatively small cohort of forum members will vehemently denounce and reject anyone who opposes their viewpoints.

Targeted flagging, being called a troll or alt of a banned user, and vague threats have made the zoo just too toxic to deal and it has drained all the fun out of these forums.
well said.
rbcs_2
AG
The zoo has been dead since the 2015 recruiting cycle.
TexAggie1999
Space-Tech said:

The athletes brought politics and the "social justice" movement into sports, not the fans. Politics are divisive. This BLM movement is devisive. The athlete's actions have caused this.

While it sucks politics got into sports, I applaud the many fans for standing against the athletes. It is great to see people valuing their beliefs over some self absorbed people playing games. College and professional sports just really are not that important when weighed against the issues we have in this country. I wish sports and those issues could have remained separated, but the Social Justice Warrior athletes and the scared league commissioners wouldn't let that happen.

Sports were great entertainment. However, when the athletes brought politics into sports, it became less entertaining and more important that fans who don't agree with the athletes push back. It is not all fun and games anymore.

Every professional league has fully embraced BLM's manufactured and ill focused "movement." I hope the NBA, NFL, and MLB face massive repercussions and loss of revenue as they alienate and anger much of their fanbase.

It remains to be seen how far the Aggies, the SEC, and college football push the "social justice" movement. For now, i don't support Mond and those athletes that have suggested Aggies who don't support their liberal agenda are racists. If the Aggie athletic department also pushes that agenda, I will be against them as well.

Because of the athletes actions, football and politics are no longer separate. They are intertwined. It should be expected that the Football Forum has changed.

crowman2010
AG
When REAL Aggie Football comes back, let me know.
schmendeler
AG
crowman2010 said:

this saturday at 6:30PM CDT
crowman2010
AG
schmendeler said:

crowman2010 said:

Ha! Good one
schmendeler
AG
crowman2010 said:

schmendeler said:

crowman2010 said:

Ha! Good one
MouthBQ98
AG
Sports is an escape from the real world, including politics for me. I try to ignore it as much as possible when politics intrudes. I just look right past it as if it wasn't there, maybe with an eye roll if it is really egregious, but I can ignore quite a bit if I let myself, and just focus on the game.

While they are actually playing, it's the commentators that can be the worst offenders if they feel the need to bring up politics. I just ignore them.
100% Pure Aggie
Krautag81 said:

This is really sad, here we our the week of our first game and this forum is dead. Normally, this site would be lit up. Most of the stories brought up are negative. Okay, I'm through venting.
this is a * season.
but, a lot of us will watch these exhibition games.
Omega6464
I realized this past Sunday that college football had started back up and I hadn't watched a down.

It's a liberating feeling finally not caring about football. I stopped watching the pros in 1972 and took a pass on college ball without even realizing it.
"He who attempts to govern, ploughs the sea" -Simon Bolivar
W
AG
this x 1,000.

just wait and see what happens if the Louisville announcement (about the Taylor case) doesn't go in the SJW's favor this week. How many pro and/or college players will sit out the coming weekend
Aggies2009
AG
Omega6464 said:

I realized this past Sunday that college football had started back up and I hadn't watched a down.

It's a liberating feeling finally not caring about football. I stopped watching the pros in 1972 and took a pass on college ball without even realizing it.
So what're you doing here?
Aggies2009
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Sports is an escape from the real world, including politics for me. I try to ignore it as much as possible when politics intrudes. I just look right past it as if it wasn't there, maybe with an eye roll if it is really egregious, but I can ignore quite a bit if I let myself, and just focus on the game.

While they are actually playing, it's the commentators that can be the worst offenders if they feel the need to bring up politics. I just ignore them.
Pretty much this. These people are trying to disrupt what bring us joy. A lot of people are letting them. They want us to stop enjoying things and want us to be as miserable as they are. Think about someone who complains to you but you ignore it- they'll only double down and try harder. That's what's happened here. My response is an eye roll or a laugh, and then enjoying the sport. Herbie doing his fake crying was HILARIOUS meme material and is being treated as such.
TyperWoods
Get woke go broke.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I agree with both of you. I continue to watch NBA, MLB, NFL,and college football games, but I ignore messages about social justice.
impavidus
AG
Space-Tech said:

This. It's frustrating that auch an educated/competent group of people can't be fine with athletes having a different view. I'm all about saying you disagree with an athlete, but the personal attacks are ridiculous. The personal attacks on Mond are embarrassing.

So many people avoided the politics board because they knew exactly what was in there. Now it's bled over to the football forum.

The treatment of athletes is posted for all to see. I'm frankly surprised Staff has allowed it to go on this long.

Everyone loses here. People that are pissed at the program are leaving and people that are pissed about the personal attacks are leaving.

I'm dreading the day when someone compiles all the personal attacks on our athletes and specifically Mond. Imagine being a 17 year old recruit and reading something like that.

TAM85
Calling people racist and supporting defunding the corps will get you that.
TyperWoods
impavidus said:

Space-Tech said:

This. It's frustrating that auch an educated/competent group of people can't be fine with athletes having a different view. I'm all about saying you disagree with an athlete, but the personal attacks are ridiculous. The personal attacks on Mond are embarrassing.

So many people avoided the politics board because they knew exactly what was in there. Now it's bled over to the football forum.

The treatment of athletes is posted for all to see. I'm frankly surprised Staff has allowed it to go on this long.

Everyone loses here. People that are pissed at the program are leaving and people that are pissed about the personal attacks are leaving.

I'm dreading the day when someone compiles all the personal attacks on our athletes and specifically Mond. Imagine being a 17 year old recruit and reading something like that.

It's all about feelings with you peeps.

BLM facts are anti-American, so much that they've now scrubbed their belief of disrupting the nuclear family from their website. And the only systemic racism around is the false narrative about blacks being unfairly picked on by the cops. I got news for you peeps, cops are a-holes to everyone....especially if you're an a-holes to them first.

If your different opinion is anti-American and racist, I'm not going to support you.
Aggies2009
AG
impavidus said:

Space-Tech said:

That's the thing, though. The athletes don't just "have a different view". They've decided to label people as awful things like racists. Framing it as athletes simply "having different views" but people who disagree "making personal attacks" is just incorrect.

The politics board didn't just bleed into this forum on its own. The athletes were the ones who decided to bring politics into football. Ergo, political discussion (and everything that goes with it) has bled over. Don't like it? Pressure athletes not to bring politics into things. But as it is, THEY opened the door to this.

That said, I wish more people would just mock it and move on, and not let it affect them to the point they just want to give up on things they love.
The Fall Guy
AG
If Sully gets removed I blame the sunshine pumpers here. It's on yall.
TheAngelFlight
Quote:

That's the thing, though. The athletes don't just "have a different view". They've decided to label people as awful things like racists. Framing it as athletes simply "having different views" but people who disagree "making personal attacks" is just incorrect.

The politics board didn't just bleed into this forum on its own. The athletes were the ones who decided to bring politics into football. Ergo, political discussion (and everything that goes with it) has bled over. Don't like it? Pressure athletes not to bring politics into things. But as it is, THEY opened the door to this.

That said, I wish more people would just mock it and move on, and not let it affect them to the point they just want to give up on things they love.
This board is chaulk full of folks who have made sweeping accusations that everyone associated with black lives matter and the current social justice movement are "racist." And the rejoinder when its suggested they let up on those "awful things" is always along the lines of what you just said: "well, that athlete [that doesn't post here] started it."

Its unrelenting. It doesn't matter where a thread starts, they nearly all quickly turn into the same old fight. And the fights are increasingly hyperbolic, unhelpful, and down right nasty. It is toxic.

And the most Politics Board aspect of it is that no one seems to want to admit their own role in it and take responsibility for themselves, lest they feel like they're weak on the issue.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.