Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Texas A&M QB Kellen Mond never considered opting out: 'I'm on a mission'

13,454 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Faustus
Foxo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who will be the first QB off the bench vs Vandy?
TheAngelFlight
This board really stinks these days.

The guy is asked if he considered sitting out due to Covid-19. The guy says exactly what the Football Board would want. "Not at all, I've spent too much time being self-critical of my play to do that."

Yet, the conversation turns into another scream fest about everything political except Covid-19.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TheAngelFlight said:

This board really stinks these days.

The guy is asked if he considered sitting out due to Covid-19. The guy says exactly what the Football Board would want. "Not at all, I've spent too much time being self-critical of my play to do that."

Yet, the conversation turns into another scream fest about everything political except Covid-19.
Just wait for kickoff. The gripers will be swept away like mud after a hard rain because most of them just like to complain, they don't know jack **** about football.
bv86ag
AG
just wait til Bama destroys him next week...and you thought the critics were tough on him so far....you ain't seen nothin' yet.
Going to be the longest season of Monds life...and he did it all to himself.
He won't have anyone else to blame...even though he will try
APHIS AG
bv86ag said:

just wait til Bama destroys him next week...and you thought the critics were tough on him so far....you ain't seen nothin' yet.
Going to be the longest season of Monds life...and he did it all to himself.
He won't have anyone else to blame...even though he will try
To date, his only "great" game was the 2018 LSU game.

And next year, we will have a new QB.
cc10106
Whatever it takes, Too bad the school doesn't factor into the motivation, but it is what it is. I hope A&M has a great season because it's been eight years since the last one, and I hope his draft stock rises which only helps A&M.
BrandoC
AG
Same **** different year. Now is when you have to prove it, not just lip service!!!!
Texas Rooster
Nice
BMX Bandit
Quote:

To date, his only "great" game was the 2018 LSU game.

And next year, we will have a new QB.
You missed a really great game and performance by him v. Clemson in 2018.
WC94
AG
I'm angry and frustrated, look there is a statue, if I tear it down I will feel better. Someone needs reintroduce mail box baseball to these kids!
WBC1994
AG
Great... not expecting much. Hope to be wrong. He has not been enjoyable to watch play. And this offseason has made it challenging to champion him. I'm honestly not really expecting a win Saturday. I'll be in the stands but I never been so unexcited for a season.
cj774
AG
WBC1994 said:

Great... not expecting much. Hope to be wrong. He has not been enjoyable to watch play. And this offseason has made it challenging to champion him. I'm honestly not really expecting a win Saturday. I'll be in the stands but I never been so unexcited for a season.

Agreed. This off season has been the longest ever (quite literally) and yet due to everything going on I almost wouldn't care if they ended up canceling the season all together in the end. Put it out of its misery. I might be sad for a day if they did but would move on. Even the games that I have been on I have been lackluster about. Normally it would have been the highlight of my week....but seeing them playing to empty stadiums just isn't the same.
Nino Brown
Challenger 51-L Mission
The Fall Guy
AG
Mission to kneel at the beginning of the game in center of Kyle Field
fightinag
ABATTBQ11 said:

What mission has he been on the last 3 years?
Mission Impossible
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
Kozmozag
Lsu game was saved by Davis and Rodger making unbelievable catches on terribly thrown balls.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Slightly above average QB who can't make a quick read or accurate long distance pass to save his life

He is what he is

And his opinions are divisive garbage
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Hypothetical: A&M wins the national championship in every sport for the next 25 years in a row but you have to help Kellen Mond cut off Sully's head with a chainsaw. Do you do it?

Wouldn't need Mond's help with this.
runontexas
AG
#HeisMond is back

Foxo
AG
A friend offered me tickets. I said no thanks.
Faustus
schmendeler said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Hypothetical: A&M wins the national championship in every sport for the next 25 years in a row but you have to help Kellen Mond cut off Sully's head with a chainsaw. Do you do it?
have seat, Kellen, i've got this.
Nicely done.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.