Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Texas A&M QB Kellen Mond never considered opting out: 'I'm on a mission'

13,459 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Faustus
Aggies2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Aggies2009 said:

vander54 said:

Aggies2009 said:

impavidus said:

Nice to see rational comments supporting our QB. The amount of personal attacks on the young man for having different views is embarrassing.

Football is great because it brings all together, including us fans.
Nobody attacked Mond simply "for having different views".
Yes they have
Wrong. Calling others "racists" isn't simply "having an opinion". Hope that helps, non-Ag.
This is complete nonsense and wrong on multiple levels.

But this is good to know the next time y'all goofs go on another one of those "all lives matter, black lives matter is racist" rants.
Calling someone a racist is making a definitive statement, not "having an opinion". You can't say, "2+2=5" and when someone says you're wrong say, "That's just your opinion"

Also, "y'all goofs" have nothing to do with anything I just said... Neither do BLM or ALM. Nice attempt, though.

Now that you've made a fool of yourself again you can cry to staff that this is political and hope this thread gets removed, as always.
Slamn Sharpe
You and your trolling are toxic.
Aggies2009
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

You and your trolling are toxic.
That's not very Aggie Football related. Take it to F16.
vander54
S
Be careful. He may call you a non-Ag
World's worst proofreader
Aggies2009
AG
vander54 said:

Be careful. He may call you a non-Ag
Only if he is one, non Ag.
strbrst777
Since when is disagreeing with someone an "attack? " I see or hear the word several times a day by politicians and media. Attacks? Lol
TXAggie2011
AG
Aggies2009 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Aggies2009 said:

vander54 said:

Aggies2009 said:

impavidus said:

Nice to see rational comments supporting our QB. The amount of personal attacks on the young man for having different views is embarrassing.

Yes they have
Wrong. Calling others "racists" isn't simply "having an opinion". Hope that helps, non-Ag.
This is complete nonsense and wrong on multiple levels.

But this is good to know the next time y'all goofs go on another one of those "all lives matter, black lives matter is racist" rants.
Calling someone a racist is making a definitive statement, not "having an opinion". You can't say, "2+2=5" and when someone says you're wrong say, "That's just your opinion"

Also, "y'all goofs" have nothing to do with anything I just said... Neither do BLM or ALM. Nice attempt, though.

Now that you've made a fool of yourself again you can cry to staff that this is political and hope this thread gets removed, as always.
(1) Whether someone or something is racist isn't math. That's an awful analogy.
(2) Of course it does. We've had hundreds of posts on this board calling black lives matters and those associated with it, i.e. Kellen Mond, is/are racist.
(3) When you call me a "fool", is that like calling someone a "racist"? Like, should I brush that off as your opinion?
(4) I don't know why you dislike me so much, but there's no need to take a personal shot at me every time you talk to me. Its just weird.

Back to whether Mond ever been attacked for having "different views." This was said and starred in this thread. Fact. "Swing at a big guy, get hit. Make a dumb statement/opinion about people who are much smarter than you, then expect to get ridiculed and flamed."
Aggies2009
AG
strbrst777 said:

Since when is disagreeing with someone an "attack? " I see or hear the word several times a day by politicians and media. Attacks? Lol
That's how it is. They use different language and move goalposts. Accuse someone of being a racist? That's just an opinion and is harmless. Disagree with said person or criticize them for saying that? Well, THAT is an attack... COmpletely unjustified.

Someone call you a name on TexAgs? That's okay. They'll say nothing. Say something back? You're clearly toxic and a troll.

Someone say covid is going to kill us all and we should all wear masks and do what they say? That's fine. Say, "Those numbers are a bit off"? That's completely political and needs to go to F16.

Which is funny because there were two parts to my post that kicked off their whining. The second said I was glad that Mond was focused and I hoped he did well. But of course they focused on the political part, as it was convenient for them then.
VatoLocoAggie
The mob is fickle, brother. He'll be forgotten in a month.
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
30wedge
When the best QB in the SEC gets on a mission, better look out!
TyperWoods
Should be playing for BYU if he's wanting to go on a mission
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
vander54 said:

Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

vander54 said:

Aggies2009 said:

impavidus said:

Yes they have

Mond has proactively incited his own fan base because of his views. His views included calling many of the very fans that support him racists. He is the provocateur.

That said I am not surprised he is going to play this year because he wants to get paid and having a great senior year only increases those odds. Don't kid yourself into thinking there is any other motivation than what's in it for Kellen with this decision.

He sees thing differently than you and and me. Unless you've actually talked to him you don't know ***** Just like you have no idea where I stand without actually talking to me.

I don't have to speak to someone who openly supplies their thoughts on social media to understand where they are coming from. He also backs up his thoughts on social media with action through his incessant marches on campus. So I may never speak to KM but that doesn't mean I can't figure out where he is coming from. It's called critical thinking you might try it sometime.
vander54
S
Except you don't know why. You don't know all the details. You don't know him

Not only that his every thought on his stance is probably not posted on social media. You most likely have a very small sample of what he really thinks. If more people would stop using social media to make up there minds on something/someone and actually talk our country would probably be in better shape.

I would say the same to Mond
World's worst proofreader
jnocar
Almost time to start some Football!

twogoatsfn
AG
vander54 said:

Not only that his every thought on his stance is probably not posted on social media. You most likely have a very small sample of what he really thinks. If more people would stop using social media to make up there minds on something/someone and actually talk our country would probably be in better shape.

kind of hurt my head to read ...

Anyway, it is easy deduce ones behavior/thoughts through simple observation. I'm sure that we've all heard "actions speak louder than words".
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
2billfighter said:

vander54 said:

kind of hurt my head to read ...

Anyway, it is easy deduce ones behavior/thoughts through simple observation. I'm sure that we've all heard "actions speak louder than words".

KM literally said this very thing when he started down this path.
DGAG92
AG
Mission Impossible 9?
Agvet12
AG
Was hoping Monds mission was to opt out
samhoustonag
ABATTBQ11 said:

What mission has he been on the last 3 years?
A mission to mediocrity.
DSAG
With a solid season, I think Mond could go as high as 4th or 5th round.
If he doesn't show improvement, he's an UDFA.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
QB1, yep, he's a hotdog on a mission.
bv86ag
AG
He needs to shut his mouth about " i am the best QB in the SEC"...or..."i am on a mission"...or...anything BLM...and just play and show us all how great he is on the field ...or how not great he will be.
Enough running mouth Kellen Mond...put up or shut up.
Warbledwrassler
I forgive by the guy. He pissed me off with the racist stuff About the Aggies but I think it was best for me to let it go. I think he really believes in this and thinks he can use his position to make a difference. Plus, he's 21. I would let have been able to handle his fame. I was a complete moron at 21 and wouldn't want anyone judging my character by 21 year old me.
northeastag
AG
Saturday can't come soon enough. He pissed me off during the off season, but I hope he lights it up and has a sensational year. I'll be shocked if he does, but I'm still hanging with the hope.
Frok
AG
We hear this every year, Mond is who he is on the field. I doNt really expect him to all of a sudden be great.
Horn Saw
AG
Just curious, if we were to lose three games would you start taking a look at the young QBs to start getting them some reps for next year? I doubt Jimbo would pull Mond unless he was really struggling.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Agvet12 said:

Was hoping Monds mission was to opt out
Justice Beaver
AG
All talk, as usual. If he ran the ball half as well as he runs that mouth, he'd have a heisman already.
Ready for him to actually do something on the field worthy of the overconfidence he projects to the media.
Reno Hightower
He and Jake and Elwood are gonna get the band back together and save the orphanage.
rsemingson
Mond reached his deer in the headlights peak 2, yes 2 years ago. Please just stfu on blm, complete at least one deep ball for a td, then gtfo of here for good. Time for Haynes King.
geb83
AG
Has he manned up and apologized for calling the entire Texas Aggie Corps of Cadets, past and present, all racists? If he does that, I'll likely forgive him. Until then, I wish he was gone from A&M.
monarch
S
Might have been better off if he still worked hard and voiced his opinion in other ways.
Peace for Ukraine!
samhoustonag
DSAG said:

With a solid season, I think Mond could go as high as 4th or 5th round.
If he doesn't show improvement, he's an UDFA.
4th or 5th round of the XFL draft?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Hypothetical: A&M wins the national championship in every sport for the next 25 years in a row but you have to help Kellen Mond cut off Sully's head with a chainsaw. Do you do it?
schmendeler
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Hypothetical: A&M wins the national championship in every sport for the next 25 years in a row but you have to help Kellen Mond cut off Sully's head with a chainsaw. Do you do it?
have seat, Kellen, i've got this.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.