Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

2020 Record Prediction

11,270 Views | 117 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by RadAg14
Leander - Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
9-1
greg.w.h
AG
You guys are WIMPS. 0-10 or gtfo!!!
vander54
S
NoahAg said:

Sadly, leaning 4-6.

Vandy - W
@Bama - LOL
Florida - L
@MSU - W
Arkansas - W
@SC - L
@Tenn - L
Miss - W
LSU - LOL
@Auburn - L

We aren't losing to Tennessee or South Carolina.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
We've struggled in true SEC road games over the past two years and gone 2-5, and both wins were by seven points or less: 26-23 win over 7-6 South Carolina in 2018 and 24-17 win over 4-8 Ole Miss in 2019. If we win three road games this year, we would exceed that total. We have back to back road games against South Carolina on 11/7 and Tennessee on 11/14. The last time we won road games in back to back weeks was 2012 with three straights wins over Auburn, Mississippi State, and Alabama. In 2013, we won road games at Arkansas on 9/28/13 and at Ole Miss on 10/12/13, but had our first bye week between those games. That's why some analysts predict we will lose at Tennessee.

We should beat South Carolina on the road, but I won't be surprised if we lose at Tennessee, even as a road favorite.
vander54
S
I don't think Tennessee is a very good team. They may be better this year but we'll have to wait and see.

I do think we will see improved secondary and LB play as well as improved OL play from us. The big question mark with us is WR play. We will have more athletic and faster guys on the field but obviously they lack experience. The big question will be how quickly they gel with Mond.
MaroonStain
AG
SinKiller said:

MaroonStain said:

SinKiller said:

A&M was favored by 5 1/2 playing at home. They won a game they were supposed to win, basically, that's Jimbo's entire tenure at A&M. Winning games he supposed to win. Let me give you a signature win, Johnny going to Bama. It's not beating another average team at home.

Average teams win 10 games in a season? Noted.

Without question, especially with 3 built-in wins.

Central Michigan, Murray State, Middle Tennessee.

I think your buddies in the BdfXII would disagree with you.
"Thanks and Gig'em"
fightinag
vander54 said:

NoahAg said:

Sadly, leaning 4-6.

Vandy - W
@Bama - LOL
Florida - L
@MSU - W
Arkansas - W
@SC - L
@Tenn - L
Miss - W
LSU - LOL
@Auburn - L

We aren't losing to Tennessee or South Carolina.
wOw....we may go 6-4 then !
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
vander54
S
Of course we may. 7-3 is my prediction and I would be happy with that if we have no blowout losses or upsets.
NowhereMan
5-5 Wins - unless Mond quits
Arky
Vandy
Ms st
Ms
Tn
vander54
S
PaulTony said:

5-5 Wins - unless Mond quits
Arky
Vandy
Ms st
Ms
Tn

Nice troll job
SinKiller
Iraq2xVeteran said:

If you think an average team wins 10 games, then what do you consider a team that wins 8 or 9 games?
What about winning 6 or 7 games?

Before 2018, the previous time Kentucky won 10 games was in 1977, when they went 10-1.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kentucky_Wildcats_football_seasons

The last time Tennessee won 10 games was in 2007, when they won the SEC East. Given the Vols' history, this is almost unthinkable, but every SEC team except Vanderbilt has won 10 games in a season more recently. The closest Tennessee got was posting back to back 9-4 seasons in 2015 and 2016.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/the-last-time-it-happened-a-notable-stat-or-fact-about-every-sec-team/

I'll tell you why I know they were an average team, I saw them, in person, at Kyle. This game frankly shouldn't have got to ot, we should have mauled these guys. Again, the Kentucky qb, was horrendous.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
After Kentucky's 27-16 win at Florida and a 5-0 start, I knew we would have a tough game against them. I went to the Kentucky game too, and I agree we should have won it in regulation. I watched kicker Seth Small miss a 40-yard field goal in the second quarter and Kentucky return a fumble for a touchdown. Otherwise, we would have won 17-7. Kentucky quarterback Terry Wilson was 13 of 20 for 100 yards and one touchdown pass, but no turnovers. Our run defense held Kentucky to 70 rushing yards on 30 carries. We outgained Kentucky 390 to 178 total yards, but lost the turnover margin 2 to 0.

Kentucky's ranked 85th in scoring offense (26.6 points per game), but ranked 6th in scoring defense (16.8 points per game). That's how they finished 10-3 (5-3 in SEC games) and No. 12. If Kentucky was average, there is no way they would have won 10 games and posted a winning SEC record for the first time since 1977. They also beat Florida for the first time since 1986 and won in the Gainesville for the first time since 1979. That Florida team finished 10-3 and No. 7, including a 27-19 win over LSU and a 41-15 peach bowl win over then 10-2 Michigan.
OrygunAg
AG
0-10
MidTnAg
AG
6-1 record. Clovid-19 will definitely shorten our season.
I still claim the SEC should have started our season in early August to increase our chances of having a "complete" season.
ArcheryAg
Some of yall act like big ol poons. National title or bust.
merch
Actually quite pleased to see many in here with logical predictions...all off season I could understand the hype. I do not think we are where we need to be to really compete. 8-2 would be miracle it seems. 6-4 would be upsetting, so I'll go with 7-3...though would not be surprised at all at 6-4 especially if Mond can't find a way to really take a step forward as a senior. If he can't, I'm good halfway through giving somebody else a chance with an eye to next year.
tjack16
AG
7-3

If it was the regular 2020 schedule I'd say 10-2 and the Florida game is the difference.
ArcheryAg
merch said:

Actually quite pleased to see many in here with logical predictions...all off season I could understand the hype. I do not think we are where we need to be to really compete. 8-2 would be miracle it seems. 6-4 would be upsetting, so I'll go with 7-3...though would not be surprised at all at 6-4 especially if Mond can't find a way to really take a step forward as a senior. If he can't, I'm good halfway through giving somebody else a chance with an eye to next year.

I don't see Fisher benching Mond. Just don't see it unless Calzada or King have taken some big steps.
zephyr88
AG
Another crappy October (again)...
Gigem713
I'm looking at the schedule and I honestly don't see a loss if we play up to our potential. We play one coach that's *arguable* better than Jimbo and that same team is the only team with more *talent*. That team is Alabama. We just need to juice all our talent and I see us winning that game. Some of the others might be close, but I think we win out.
halfastros81
AG
There are so many variables this yr. There always are but Covid and SJW's are 2 new ones that have potential to produce high variability. Under the theory that those things impact all teams equally, which they won't.... I' m going to go with 8-2 with losses at Bama and Auburn. Pull off the home win v. Florida. LSU will look nothing like last yr imo. They'll still be good but I think we'll take them. Tennessee on the road won't be easy. No Sec game on the road is easy for that matter but perhaps less so this yr than most.
Saint Pablo
Is it really "arguable" that Jimbo is better than Saban?
Gigem713
Some will point to Saban's past history as evidence that he's the arguable better coach. He has been on quite a run. It begs the question what he could do with the good but not as good as Alabama talent that Jimbo has had for his career. I think Jimbo gets more out of his players. The talent gap now is more narrower, so I think it's a toss up between us and Alabama.
jphelmet
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Is it really "arguable" that Jimbo is better than Saban?

No, not by anyone that is sane.
halfastros81
AG
I'll give you that it's not arguable based on accomplishments to date but you have to consider that Jimbo is 12 yrs younger than Saban. If you took away the last 12 yrs of Saban's record then it may very well be arguable.
tjack16
AG
If you ask anybody who is not an A&M fan if it is arguable They would laugh in your face

Take off the maroon goggles. Saban is "arguably" the best coach of all time.
eATMup-Reveille
SinKiller said:

MaroonStain said:

SinKiller said:

A&M was favored by 5 1/2 playing at home. They won a game they were supposed to win, basically, that's Jimbo's entire tenure at A&M. Winning games he supposed to win. Let me give you a signature win, Johnny going to Bama. It's not beating another average team at home.

Average teams win 10 games in a season? Noted.

Without question, especially with 3 built-in wins.

Central Michigan, Murray State, Middle Tennessee.

Power 5 teams (and Notre Dame thrown in) that won at least 10 games in 2019 including the post season:

1. LSU
2. Clemson
3. Ohio State
4. Oklahoma
5. Oregon
6. Georgia
7. Minnesota
8. Alabama
9. Notre Dame
10. Penn State
11. Florida
12. Utah
13. Baylor
14. Iowa
15. Wisconsin

I believe there are 65 Power 5 schools plus Notre Dame, so the combined total is 66. I don't believe the average team in those 66 win 10 games a season.
eATMup-Reveille
eATMup-Reveille
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
There are 64 Power 5 schools from the Power 5 conferences plus Notre Dame for a total of 65. Only 15 of the 65 Power 5 schools finished with 10+ wins in 2019. 3 more teams finished with exactly 9 wins (9-5 Virginia, 9-4 Michigan, and 9-4 Auburn), and 15 teams finished 8-5, including us. These win totals show that an average Power 5 team would not win more than 8 games in a season.
Kozmozag
5-5, 2020 just sucks.
Agsuffering@bulaw
7-3, but with a low degree of confidence in the prediction. Win # 7 is b/c I think we have combined, the best tacticians in the SEC.

Covid, attrition, or wokeness could cause us to go 4-6. They could also hit our opponents and propel us to a great record.
TheWoodsAg
AG
7-3.

3 Wins: Vandy, Arkansas, Ole Miss

1 Loss: @Bama

4-2 in Toss Ups: Florida, @Ms St, @Tenn, @S Car, LSU, @Auburn
Agsuffering@bulaw
Ky was good in '18. They smacked penn st around in the bowl. They beat MSU and uf. It was a very favorable matchup for us bc we matched up with their strength (running the ball) but they could not exploit our weakness (secondary).

No, we shouldn't have allowed it to get to overtime.
WBC1994
AG
4-6 just not getting my hopes up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.