Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

2020 Record Prediction

11,254 Views | 117 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by RadAg14
Sparkie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
czar_iv said:

SinKiller said:

czar_iv said:

Quote:

No, Kentucky and LSU were not signature, both could have easily gone the other way. Jury is out.
But they didn't go the other way lol

True, neither were signature wins. Going to LSU or Georgia last year and winning would have been signature. Winning in ot, one extended ot, at home are good wins and frankly ones that we should have won.
LSU hasn't lost a game since that multi-OT game, so I would call that a pretty good win. Kentucky was ranked in the top 10, so I am not sure what you expect as a fan. I am not sure what a signature win means.

We beat a team a year before they were really good. Participation trophies for all!
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Yes, the definition of a signature win is subjective. Many people believe these wins are over teams that were ranked in the top ten at the time of the match-ups, not where these teams finished. In my book, a signature win would be a victory over a team that finishes with 10 or more wins.
ILuvAgLand
8-2 with a chance of 9-1

These new wr's are the spark needed.
My Name Is Judge
I'm thinking 5-5

Everyone is giddy about something... I'm not sure what...

The defense should be improved

But last I heard green is still at guard & Moore is still at tackle, sounds like the coaching staff learned nothing last year

Anyway we usually underperform when there's any kind of expectation
fightinag
My Name Is Judge said:

I'm thinking 5-5

Everyone is giddy about something... I'm not sure what...

The defense should be improved

But last I heard green is still at guard & Moore is still at tackle, sounds like the coaching staff learned nothing last year

Anyway we usually underperform when there's any kind of expectation
but......WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
Gil Renard
AG
Sparkie said:

czar_iv said:

SinKiller said:

czar_iv said:

Quote:

No, Kentucky and LSU were not signature, both could have easily gone the other way. Jury is out.

True, neither were signature wins. Going to LSU or Georgia last year and winning would have been signature. Winning in ot, one extended ot, at home are good wins and frankly ones that we should have won.
LSU hasn't lost a game since that multi-OT game, so I would call that a pretty good win. Kentucky was ranked in the top 10, so I am not sure what you expect as a fan. I am not sure what a signature win means.

We beat a team a year before they were really good. Participation trophies for all!

They won the fiesta bowl they were good sorry
Gil Renard
AG
6-4 hold serve. 7-3 breakout year
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
5-5 or worse: disappointing
6-4: meeting expectations
7-3: exceeding expectations
8-2 or better: excellent
SinKiller
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Yes, the definition of a signature win is subjective. Many people believe these wins are over teams that were ranked in the top ten at the time of the match-ups, not where these teams finished. In my book, a signature win would be a victory over a team that finishes with 10 or more wins.

Kentucky was 14th, we were 19th playing at home. A team that 5-5 Tennessee throttled. Kentucky had one player that they chose not to use much for some reason. The qb was awful. If that's a signature win then Jimbo will keep enjoying the low hanging fruit that people are propping him up over.
Sparkie
AG
Gil Renard said:

Sparkie said:

czar_iv said:

SinKiller said:

czar_iv said:

Quote:

They won the fiesta bowl they were good sorry

Strong argument, UCF is always a signature win.

It's hard to remember a better 3 loss team.
Gil Renard
AG
Yeah 3 losses in the sec and a NY6 bowl win with a ton of experience that left to the nfl a year later. They suck to lose at a ranked Florida in the swamp, Bama, and 2nd place west team A&M on the road
Gil Renard
AG
7-3 is a break out season. It's the equivalent of 10-11 wins in a normal season
PneumAg
5-5
Sparkie
AG
You are right. Signature win all the way. Should put that on a plaque. Show it on the ole jumbotron before the game. We beat Lsu who beat Ucf. ****, that fires me up.
30wedge
Take away our cream puff games each year and we are right about a .500 team. My guess is 5-5 with 4-6 being a good possibility. I wonder what the locker room is like, the team chemistry, what with some of the shenanigans that have gone on. How many are on the same page this year after all the distractions.
eATMup-Reveille
Auburn will be the letdown loss. Regroup to win next 3 games. 12-1 National Champions as #2 seed.
Sarge 77
14-0.
DGAG92
AG
As long as Mond is the field general, we'll be an average middle of the pack SEC West team. No SEC championship game, again. No playoffs and some ****ty bowl game......are we eligible for a bowl game or are we on probation?
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
It's not uncommon for these kinds of upsets to happen. Tennessee had lost 11 straight SEC games that dated back to a 45-34 loss at Vanderbilt on 11/25/16. They started 2-3 with loses to West Virginia, Florida, and Georgia by 26 points each, but stunned Auburn 30-24 on the road on 10/13/18 to snap an 11-game SEC losing streak. Also, Tennessee snapped a 15-game losing streak to SEC West teams that dated back to 38-7 loss to LSU at home on 10/15/11. In addition, they got their first SEC road win since a 34-31 win at Georgia on 10/1/16 and first SEC West road win since a 33-21 win at Mississippi State on 10/13/07. Yes, Tennessee throttled Kentucky 24-7 on 11/10/18 before they got embarrassed by Missouri 50-17 at home and Vanderbilt 38-13 to finish 5-7.

Kentucky pounded Florida 27-16 on the road to snap a 31-game losing streak to Florida. A week after Florida lost to Georgia 36-17 on 10/2718, they got embarrassed by Missouri 38-17 for another double-digit SEC home loss. Likewise, Kentucky was coming off a 34-17 loss to Georgia at home on 11/3/18 before getting crushed at Knoxville. Both Florida and Kentucky followed blowout losses to Georgia with disheartening losses to inferior teams, but they both finished 10-3.

Because it is difficult for most teams to win 10 games in a season, I consider a victory over a team that finished with 10 wins a signature win.

HollyB83
With the scholar Mond we will be 6-4 with some luck but 5-5 is my prediction.
jja79
AG
Probably depends on who is available each week. No one knows who plays for us or the opponent any week. Missouri has announced 12 players won't play week 1 due to Covid.
tk for tu juan
NyAggie
AG
9-1, loss at bama

BSCE84ag
AG
-3 probably. L to LSU, Bama, Auburn. Who else?
Triple-T
AG
Mond has been perfecting his fumble-rooski all year, and has finally dropped his passes down a good ten feet where the receivers can catch them in stride.

Good on him.

10 wins & a NY6 bowl win.
Iraq2xVeteran said:

5-5 or worse: disappointing
6-4: meeting expectations
7-3: exceeding expectations
8-2 or better: excellent

I don't think 6-4 aligns with the Ags' expectations.
"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
SinKiller
A&M was favored by 5 1/2 playing at home. They won a game they were supposed to win, basically, that's Jimbo's entire tenure at A&M. Winning games he supposed to win. Let me give you a signature win, Johnny going to Bama. It's not beating another average team at home.
MaroonStain
AG
SinKiller said:

A&M was favored by 5 1/2 playing at home. They won a game they were supposed to win, basically, that's Jimbo's entire tenure at A&M. Winning games he supposed to win. Let me give you a signature win, Johnny going to Bama. It's not beating another average team at home.

Average teams win 10 games in a season? Noted.
"Thanks and Gig'em"
Spyderman
AG
8-3

(insert sodomy in the swamp 2019 score here)
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
SEC Champs
AG
sleepybeagle said:

8-2

In all seriousness, how are you coming up with 8 wins after the losses at TE and Ausbon? We're going to be a one-dimensional offense.
Saint Pablo
SEC Champs said:

sleepybeagle said:

8-2

In all seriousness, how are you coming up with 8 wins after the losses at TE and Ausbon? We're going to be a one-dimensional offense.
How much do the losses at TE really matter when we have Wydermyer returning? So many people here seem to be fixated on Baylor Cupp and seem to forgot that he is among the best tight ends in the country.

Ausbon opting out is a bummer, but we just brought in a ton of receivers that have skillsets that he did not have.
psybj
Vandy........ W
@Bama......L
Florida........~L?
@MSU.......W
Arkansas....W
@SC..........W
@Tenn.....~W
Miss...........W
LSU............~W?
@Auburn....~L?

7-3

HIDDEN PROBLEM: 2 MS teams with creative offensive coaches that could be real trouble for the weakest part of the team IMO, the DBs.

OBTW LSU is pumped re their new D, whistling past the graveyard IMO due to DL & LB losses. But they could be that good on D if the highly touted Fr come thru.
psybj
SEC Champs
AG
Saint Pablo said:

SEC Champs said:

sleepybeagle said:

8-2

How much do the losses at TE really matter when we have Wydermyer returning? So many people here seem to be fixated on Baylor Cupp and seem to forgot that he is among the best tight ends in the country.

Ausbon opting out is a bummer, but we just brought in a ton of receivers that have skillsets that he did not have.

The ability to run a two TE set with two legitimate threats down to one is a tactical game-changer.

I have no doubt that we have a variety of talent at WR, but there is little experience. I'm pretty sure it's takes time for them to gel in Jimbo's offense.
SinKiller
MaroonStain said:

SinKiller said:

Average teams win 10 games in a season? Noted.

Without question, especially with 3 built-in wins.

Central Michigan, Murray State, Middle Tennessee.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
If you think an average team wins 10 games, then what do you consider a team that wins 8 or 9 games?
What about winning 6 or 7 games?

Before 2018, the previous time Kentucky won 10 games was in 1977, when they went 10-1.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kentucky_Wildcats_football_seasons

The last time Tennessee won 10 games was in 2007, when they won the SEC East. Given the Vols' history, this is almost unthinkable, but every SEC team except Vanderbilt has won 10 games in a season more recently. The closest Tennessee got was posting back to back 9-4 seasons in 2015 and 2016.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/the-last-time-it-happened-a-notable-stat-or-fact-about-every-sec-team/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.