Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

With Ausbon out indefinitely, what do you guys think will be our two deep at WR?

19,715 Views | 95 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Foxo
Cappy407
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Some of you guys need to stop jumping to conclusions. Jimbo doesn't play around with guys who aren't serious about playing ball. He isn't like Sumlin where he's cancelling practice and telling guys to take it easy. That, plus the kid has been nothing but mature and a great team leader all the years he's been here. He recently said he was having the most fun he's had since he's been on campus. I think we need to reserve judgement a bit.
txag1994
AG
I agree about toning down the negative speculation. Jimbo said he's on the team so that's good enough for me. Ausbon has been an asset to this team since he arrived.
ghowe
AG
Cappy407 said:

Some of you guys need to stop jumping to conclusions. Jimbo doesn't play around with guys who aren't serious about playing ball. He isn't like Sumlin where he's cancelling practice and telling guys to take it easy. That, plus the kid has been nothing but mature and a great team leader all the years he's been here. He recently said he was having the most fun he's had since he's been on campus. I think we need to reserve judgement a bit.
Finally some common sense. Thank you.
tokyoag
AG
RoyalOak00 said:

How can he not be practicing but "still be with us." This is where Fisher comes across like a snake oil salesman compared to Saban. Saban led the march for their team but I guarantee he wouldn't let a player dictate the terms.

Either play or quit. If it's play...get focused, apologize to the team...and let's go.

If it's quit...next man up.
Amen to that!
TEXAS FINEST
Hopefully he doesn't Opt but if he does that would definitely hurt WR core....No returning experience
NoahAg
Maybe he just wants to explore his true passion of writing poetry.
W
AG
as other have stated...he needs to put better tape out there for the NFL.

if Q. Davis couldn't stick on a roster, Ausbon's chances are slim to none after what he's shown in 3 years
Just Tired
RoyalOak00 said:

How can he not be practicing but "still be with us." This is where Fisher comes across like a snake oil salesman compared to Saban. Saban led the march for their team but I guarantee he wouldn't let a player dictate the terms.

Either play or quit. If it's play...get focused, apologize to the team...and let's go.

If it's quit...next man up.

jimbo is here to win football games. ausbon has eaten up a spot on the 85 whether he plays or not. by all accounts he seems to be a good, hard-working. level-headed kid. he is not taking up anybody's practice time right now. if he can come back before game time and by virtue of the work he has put in over the years still be the best option to help this team win, why not play him? i am giving him some credit for the way he has handled himself over his time here. i would not say the same thing about the qb or keshun brown for example.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Ausbon deserves the benefit of the doubt. He has been solid from day 1. He may not be a homerun threat, but he was the go to possession receiver.

I think he could be a decent possession wr in the nfl.
AGDAD14
What if... he finally decided to separate from Mond (his high school teammate)? Would you blame him?

I have no clue, however I wish the young man nothing but the best.
The Fall Guy
AG
The curse of the former students that are racist.

Mond fever.
merch
Without him we don't have much experience at WR. This would actually be a big loss considering Mond targets him so much.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder

I have always liked ausbon and the way he plays. He is a tough kid who runs clean routes catches the ball in traffic and is a good blocker. Personally I respect that and hope he figures it out for himself.
johnnyblaze36
AG
ghowe said:

Cappy407 said:

I stood next to the guy as he yelled to everyone in front of a statue to not celebrate Kellen Mond throwing touchdown passes if you don't stand with him on the Sully issue, and then proceed to yell at everyone to not come to the games and don't bring your kids either.

The only leadership he displayed was trying to pull a shirtless player away from the scene that was threatening to slit a man.

Do some of y'all literally live in a bubble?
johnnyblaze36
AG
RoyalOak00 said:

What stumps me is if you've ever heard him talk, he's one of the most mature and professional guys on the team and has been for many years. He also comes across as extremely smart at football - and more importantly - life. So whatever is going on must be serious and / or extremely confusing to have him away from the team.
See above and be stumped no longer.
themissinglink
AG
Just because you disagree with someone's opinion, doesn't mean they aren't mature or a leader.
rgag12
AG
fightinag said:

Probably better players beating him out and that's hard for his ego to take

Yep, Ausbon is very average. He is not a great player that has the ability to change a game. His ability is to at bet catch a 8 yard slant pass and go down
Teslag
AG
themissinglink said:

Just because you disagree with someone's opinion, doesn't mean they aren't mature or a leader.

That depends on the opinion.
northeastag
AG
Perhaps, with everything going on he has just lost his enthusiasm for the game, and is contemplating life without football. Seeing Davis and Rogers cut may have brought it into sharper focus. From all reports, he seems like an intelligent young man, and he may be thinking about better long term life options. Who knows. Total speculation from all of us.

He wouldn't be the first person to walk away from something they are good at.
TEXAS FINEST
Nobody has beaten Ausbon out stop with that narrative. We should be hoping he comes back which I doubt. Without him you have no WR who has played meaningful minutes and you play Alabama and Florida early..
AWP 97
AG
themissinglink said:

"Makers of men. Creators of leaders. Be careful what kind of leaders you're producing here."

Lt. Colonel Frank Slade
Windy City Ag
AG
Quote:

Maybe he just wants to explore his true passion of writing poetry.
TaTa Thompson puts out serious verse.

One of the better threads from those dark days.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/1053196

Jarrin' Jay
AG
Whatever his issues or problems are I hope he gets better separation from it than he does from CBs....

Obviously a joke, but in all seriousness stop disparaging him or making any assumptions. He is a good kid, a leader, and a good football player for aTm. Whatever he is dealing with and however he wants to deal with it that is his business. Hopefully he gets back to playing ball. If not, best of luck to him.

HOWEVER, to give a hot sports opinion.... anything short of opting out for COVID (which is very misguided IMHO), if a player is choosing to opt-out, he should no longer be on scholarship. If you are a student-athlete on scholarship that is essentially a contract, if you aren't going to fulfill your side of the contract then neither should the other side. Why is my donation and ticket $ going to pay a football player to go to school who is choosing not to play football?

The most important lessons you learn in college are NOT in the classroom, doesn't matter if your major is nuclear engineering or interpretative dance, and the adults need to make decisions to teach the students lessons they can learn from. Would you expect to not show up for your job or not work and still get paid? Would you expect to not show up to class and do any of the work and receive a passing grade?
ghowe
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

ghowe said:

Cappy407 said:

I stood next to the guy as he yelled to everyone in front of a statue to not celebrate Kellen Mond throwing touchdown passes if you don't stand with him on the Sully issue, and then proceed to yell at everyone to not come to the games and don't bring your kids either.

The only leadership he displayed was trying to pull a shirtless player away from the scene that was threatening to slit a man.

I strongly believe the SJW BS going on here and elsewhere is completely and totally misguided and just plain ignorant - and have been quite vocal about that on this forum. There is no question he has been one of the main leaders of this team in the locker room and on the field. However I was mainly speaking to the wild ass speculation from people with absolutely NO information on the subject. Perhaps it's something selfish and completely ridiculous, perhaps it's not..... Point is, we don't have any idea.
Reno Hightower
More PT for Jalen Preston.
Toptierag2018
We are screwed this year on offense. No Cupp or Ausbon. How are we beating teams as talented as Bama, LSU, Auburn, Florida, etc etc?
strbrst777
Sitting out for most reasons other than sickness or injury: Such a deal! Why the mystery?
Foxo
AG
You just don't skip 2 weeks of fall practice. Is this more political stuff?
S.A. Aggie
AG
Is the whole team hurt and out for the season???
NowhereMan
The stain of Mond mind poison takes down his roommate
Way to go Kellen
rootube
AG
Better question. If he ends up playing in game one does everyone on this thread pooping their pants just pretend this never happened?
Cappy407
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

ghowe said:

Cappy407 said:

I hope that my maturity and leadership isn't defined by one act/comment I've made in a heated moment on a highly controversial subject that has divided the country, whether you agree or not. God knows I've been highly opinionated on things, especially when I was 20.

I've met him and his family in passing and both were very respectful and cordial. I prefer to judge someone on what I've seen from them time and time again. Would I characterize Myles Garrett as a thug? I don't think so. And what he did isn't even a matter of opinion or controversial. It was just plain wrong.
samhoustonag
HateMeNowAggie said:

Nobody has beaten Ausbon out stop with that narrative. We should be hoping he comes back which I doubt. Without him you have no WR who has played meaningful minutes and you play Alabama and Florida early..
So some of those highly touted young receivers get game time to show what they can do. Will put them in a better place for the team once Mond is gone next year (please, be gone).
TEXAS FINEST
Kozmozag
This season isn't shaping up well. Looks like the teams with real depth
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.