Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

With Ausbon out indefinitely, what do you guys think will be our two deep at WR?

19,722 Views | 95 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Foxo
PneumAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I would say probably Demas, Hez Jones, and Chapman, backed up by Lane, Brown, and Moose, in no particular order.

Thoughts?
Texagsubscriber
Why are you bringing up news revealed by the other site but kept under wraps here? It's obvious that we are keeping it a secret.
NATTY OR BUST. BUST IT IS.

GIVE ME NATTY, OR GIVE ME BAS!!!
FriscoAggieFan
AG
huh?
Post removed:
by user
redd38
AG
Texagsubscriber said:

Why are you bringing up news revealed by the other site but kept under wraps here? It's obvious that we are keeping it a secret.

Right, things are a secret unless they're talked about on the texags football board.

Not to mention that texags tweeted about it
zephyr88
AG
Link to the news?
zephyr88
AG
zephyr88
AG
good thing this isn't a cryptic response, eh?
hunter2012
AG
Last practice he went to was just before the August 30 protest.
zephyr88
AG
so this related to Covid or social justice?
hunter2012
AG
Supposedly no positive covid cases, so probably either social justice or someone is giving him some extremely bad draft advise.
Post removed:
by user
zephyr88
AG
I don't think he has the notariety to sit out this fall, then make a run at the NFL in the spring.

He would have benefitted from a solid fall season.
themissinglink
AG
Hope he figured out wherever it is keeping him out. He's been a valuable player for us and seems to be a good student (from the accounts I've heard).

If he has future career aspirations in football, it would be a mistake to sit out this year. With a good year, I thought he could play himself into a late round pick, but I don't see that happening if he's out this year.
Mike Elko
AG
Slamn Sharpe
Is anyone surprised that its Pneum thats bringing us bad news?
hunter2012
AG
zephyr88 said:

I don't think he has the notariety to sit out this fall, then make a run at the NFL in the spring.

He would have benefitted from a solid fall season.
That's why I think it's either SJW stuff or he's getting terrible career advice. If it was a shoe-in 1st rounder like LSUs WR then I could understand sitting out. But this is his shot to play INTO the the draft and he could be wasting it away.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
If he has aspirations for playing in the NFL, it would be a big mistake to sit out this year. I was expecting him to use this season to play into the 2021 draft, but by sitting out, he is squandering that excellent opportunity.
Bunk Moreland
It's also possible he's just in a bad place/depressed. Mental health issues have skyrocketed due to COVID.

Hope he's able to work out whatever he needs. We need him!
PneumAg
Texagsubscriber said:

What? It's not a secret anywhere. Jimbo talked about it at the press conference.
PneumAg
McDadeTXAggie said:

Is anyone surprised that its Pneum thats bringing us bad news?

What are you talking about? I'm not bringing any news. Jimbo brought the news during his press conference. I'm just curious who people think will be in our two deep there. It's pretty wide open now, and this is a very important question that is Aggie football related.
Tegrity123
Love the guy. Think we've recruited enough to fill in if their hands & speed still exist. Be good when Ausbon rejoins for everything he brings to the team on and off the field. Demas on Day 1!
Tegrity123
Some of our highly-recruited backup WRs can finally get their shot. Let's see who can breakout like how Ainas Smith did last year.
GumboMaverick
My guess is he is not performing as well as he thinks he is and the younger guys are about to pass him up.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

It's also possible he's just in a bad place/depressed. Mental health issues have skyrocketed due to COVID.

Hope he's able to work out whatever he needs. We need him!
Yep - there was another WR about 8 years ago that probably could have used some time away and get the help he desperately needed.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
zephyr88 said:

WTF is going on ?!
NoahAg
Sumlin has lost control again.
TX_Aggie37
AG
Nobody here has any clue why he has been away from the team. Could be totally unrelated to all of it. Or not. Who knows. Hope he is able to navigate it and join the team again soon.
hunter2012
AG
Well he is a Sumlin recruit...
Post removed:
by user
samhoustonag
"Sometimes, guys have taken time off to reflect on different things but he's still with us."

Don't let the door hit you on the backside.
Tobias Funke
AG
The ridiculous conclusions that some of you morons jump to with incredibly limited info about anybody and everybody involved with the program...

Chill. Chilllllll.
badharambe
AG
its too late for that.

Faustus
Hopefully some good poetry comes from this.
fightinag
Probably better players beating him out and that's hard for his ego to take
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.