Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

With Ausbon out indefinitely, what do you guys think will be our two deep at WR?

19,695 Views | 95 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Foxo
Southlake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I remember Ausbon said he came back last year with, "More snap"

That just wasn't so. I'm happy in this screwed up year to use the time to get our future WRs more experience.

If we get to the point where we're out of the Natty, I'd start giving reps to out backup QBs too. We don't owe Mond anything, especially after his divisive comments and lack of leadership.
ArcheryAg
Cant wait for Chapman, Preston, Demas and Wright to get on the field. Rogers was highly overrated. The WR depth is in good hands.
TEXAS FINEST
I think had Rogers returned he would still have been in front of all guys mentioned so I wouldn't call him overrated....Hope the new guys can make an impact but experience is best teacher...
FattyDelights
Jimbo just wants his check. Who gives a **** about this season any longer.

Flush the whole damn thing down the toilet.
Azeew
GCP12
AG
It's definitely possible that it could be a mental health issue or something of the sort. But, if it is true that his last practice was the day before the sully march, then I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that the social justice protests are, at a minimum, contributing to his absence.
W
AG
and yes, at this point his last card to play to punish the university and/or the fanbase is to sit out.

even though that's a terrible idea with regard to an NFL future.

but unfortunately that's how a lot of SJW's think --- they fall on their sword to their own detriment
W
AG
nm
Tegrity123
GumboMaverick said:

My guess is he is not performing as well as he thinks he is and the younger guys are about to pass him up.
All of us who played football growing up can tell you never played football seriously. Lol. Goofy.
Slyfox07
AG
Ausbon has been a leader and a solid receiver. I really hope this isn't a "woke holdout".
ArcheryAg
Lol he wont be hurting anyone but himself.
Foxo
AG
At a minimum he should sit for at least the 1st game.
themissinglink
AG
Officially gone. To prepare for the draft. I think that is a mistake but wish him well.

Nothing to do with BLM.

TMF
AG
themissinglink said:

Officially gone. To prepare for the draft. I think that is a mistake but wish him well.

Nothing to do with BLM.

Lol. Prepare for the draft? That's some bad advice. You needed this season to prove you were even draft worthy. SMH.
dcs12345
AG
You prepare for the draft by putting good stuff on film....not by working out by yourself.
WoMD
themissinglink said:

Nothing to do with BLM.

Except that that's a lie. Definitely SJW force driving this, probably sent packing by jimbo due to behavior but allowed to quit on his own. He's just saving face by saying it's for the draft.
Foxo
AG
Coach Fisher really said this ...."Sometimes, guys have taken time off to reflect on different things."
Dave Robicheaux
AG
themissinglink said:

Nothing to do with BLM.
Agsuffering@bulaw
I hate it, but what could jimbo do? It would not take much to lose the team. Ausbon was going to be a 2 yr captain. Jumbo got lucky that the team refused to follow ausbon off the cliff. If jimbo punished ausbon, they could have sympathized with him and gotten in his corner.
yell_on_6th st
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

I hate it, but what could jimbo do? It would not take much to lose the team. Ausbon was going to be a 2 yr captain. Jumbo got lucky that the team refused to follow ausbon off the cliff. If jimbo punished ausbon, they could have sympathized with him and gotten in his corner.

It's gonna be a disaster
ccatag
AG
Let's move on.

The Aggies have a whole stash of wide-outs ready to step-in and step-up. I am very excited to see these guys hit the field and make it happen. I'm sure they are very exited too! There is some extremely great talent in their ranks and I expect to see them light it up. What a fantastic opportunity they have. Another position opening up. Another opportunity.

These players aren't scared of the opportunity, they're excited. I would think their position group is sky high and in a much improved disposition.

Go make it happen Aggies!
Post removed:
by user
W
AG
Jimbo is in a difficult spot.

and you know it's driving him crazy that it's primarily Sumlin players that are causing these problems
Airborne2020
AG
247 thinks its going to be Preston, Brown, Jones. Then backed up by Demas, Chapman, and Lane
halfastros81
AG
A yr ago I thought Mond and Ausbon were the quiet leader types. You didn't hear a lot from either of them. What a difference a yr makes.
ArcheryAg
Airborne2020 said:

247 thinks its going to be Preston, Brown, Jones. Then backed up by Demas, Chapman, and Lane

Lol. No mention of Dylan Wright.
Foxo
AG
W said:

Jimbo is in a difficult spot.

and you know it's driving him crazy that it's primarily Sumlin players that are causing these problems
And Sumlin is 100 percent responsible for Covid 19.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.