Story Poster
Texas A&M Football Recruiting

2021 Pleasant Grove DT Marcus Burris commits to Texas A&M

August 15, 2020

Jimbo Fisher and his staff continue to make strong moves on the recruiting front. Today, the Aggies dip into East Texas for another key piece to the 2021 puzzle, as one of the state’s top defensive linemen decided he was ready to make the call.

Texarkana (TX) Pleasant Grove defensive tackle Marcus Burris‍ has been a disruptive presence in the trenches since his freshman season, and he has helped Pleasant Grove to two state championships, earning Defensive MVP honors in 2019’s 4A Division II Title win over Wimberley.

At 6-4, 280-pounds, Burris spends time at defensive end and defensive tackle and has the athleticism to work at tight end on offense. His size and his frame make him an ideal defensive tackle prospect and has caught the attention of college coaches across the country.

Burris chose the Aggies over fellow finalists Texas and Oklahoma. Over the course of his recruiting process, he also received offers from the likes of Alabama, LSU, Oregon, Miami, Nebraska and Tennessee.

Defensive end coach Terry Price led the Aggies’ recruiting efforts, and he has pursued Burris since his freshman season at Pleasant Grove. The relationship he formed with coach Price and the Texas A&M staff over the years played a key role in his decision, but there were other factors that gave the Aggies an advantage.

“Really, the fact I was born and raised in Texas, and coach Price and the coaching staff, they made the decision easy,” Burris said. “Don’t get me wrong OU and Texas are really great programs. Like I said I couldn’t make a mistake by going there, but I feel like A&M was the best fit for me.”

He is the 14th commitment of the Aggies’ 2021 recruiting class, and he joins a Texas A&M defensive line class which also includes Jahzion Harris‍ and Victory Vaka‍‍.

Burris is currently ranked No. 19 in the TexAgs 2021 Texas Top 100, and he is the seventh in-state commitment for the Aggies.

Burris plans to graduate in December and enroll early at Texas A&M in January.

Our TexAgs Premium subscribers have access to our full coverage on the addition of Marcus Burris:

Discussion from...

2021 Pleasant Grove DT Marcus Burris commits to Texas A&M

15,373 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AggieTFA06
AgCWby90CS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ahlongslide
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Big man can move !
cageybee77
zooguy96
But but but jimbo doesn't recruit Texas enough........
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
mcag83
AG
Yes
Like anyone can even know that.
Slamn Sharpe
MVP!!! MVP!!! MVP!!!
robprall
AG
Great video!
Rob 93
LatinAggie1997
Leander - Ag
AggieOO
zooguy96 said:

But but but jimbo doesn't recruit Texas enough........

It's basically Arkansas. Jimbo sucks.
Caesar4
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Burris is out for season this year with torn Achilles. Hopefully will be smooth recovery. Injury occurred back in the summer.
Heisenberg01
AG
Russ Dalrymple said:

Burris is out for season this year with torn Achilles. Hopefully will be smooth recovery. Injury occurred back in the summer.

If there was ever a season to sit out injured, this would be the one.
agent-maroon
AG
Welcome to Aggieland!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SEC Champs
AG
Terry Price... DEAL WITH IT!!!
dixichkn
AG
Welcome to the family, young man!!!!

Hate what this is going to do to your star rating/overall rank but couldn't be happier to have you on board. Let's get it...
tehmackdaddy
AG
Gig 'em!
S.A. Aggie
AG
Welcome Home!!! Gig'em!!
TAMU74
AG
Welcome aboard Mr. Burris.
bv86ag
AG
I thought ya'll said Jimbo was getting killed in recruiting?
ccatag
AG
Welcome Marcus, Gig'em!
TwelveA
Great talent, thrilled to have him. What sets the SEC apart from other D1 conferences is the talent level of the defensive and offensive linemen.
AggieTFA06
AG
I always like good news.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.