Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

6-4, how will you feel about Jimbo?

15,747 Views | 145 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DSAG
jphelmet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If we finish middle of the pack losing 4 this year, what is your confidence level in Jimbo?
Slamn Sharpe
4 losses to LSU, Bama, Florida, and Auburn?

I would be at the beginning stages of becoming irritated.
Ifishandlie
AG
Feel like not reading the zoo because of dumb posts
83Aggie
AG
Same question to you, what if we go 9-1?
maroongoon95
AG
He was hired to beat those teams. If he cannot. Hello Urban Meyer
Artimus Gordon
As long as Mond is QB that is what I would be expecting.
94chem
No blowout losses, and I could be talked off the ledge.
DGAG92
AG
Ifishandlie said:

But yet, you replied to it.
texag101
Unsurprised since he's usually 4th in the conference in recruiting.
vander54
S
By year 3 you need to see progress and not necessary W/L but by year 4 there are no excuses.

So it all depends on the details.
Buford T. Justice
AG
We will improve once he's gone.
Sterling82
Artimus Gordon said:

I agree unless there's major improvement from last year. Mond wasn't even functional in every single big game we played.
Artorias
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

This. I will give Jimbo a little leeway until we get a better QB.

However, if we don't see improvements in the rest of the offense, there will be questions.
Jbob04
AG
What's wrong with middle of the pack? That's what we have always been with a good year mixed in here and there along the way. We are average until we aren't.
Romello
Then we are still mediocre and not gaining any ground towards a great team. Sounds like what Aggies have accepted for years and from some of the comments above, are still OK with it. I'd say we are overpaying for 6 wins in year 3 and shouldn't have fired most of the previous coaches if we aren't going to improve in the wins dept against quality opponents.
Txhuntr
AG
It depends. Do we beat bama, but lose to LSU, Auburn, Florida, and ole miss due to half the o-line catching the covid that week? I would view that as progress. Do we lose to the big 4 with 2-3 games that aren't close? I would be a little concerned about turning the corner with the only hope that in year 4 jimbo's qb could make things happen.
LB12Diamond
AG
I'm thinking 6-4 with Mond is about right.

But I think we win one of the bigger 4 games but Mond causes us to lose to the Vols.
aggie813
With our roster and his team firmly in place, if he loses to a decent Florida team at home and a decimated LSU team at home.....He's gonna have to have a damn good excuse as to why.
Hawk2007
Jbob04 said:

What's wrong with middle of the pack? That's what we have always been with a good year mixed in here and there along the way. We are average until we aren't.

Asking the real questions here.... I'm not sure how some posters on here even enjoy the game the way they hyper-analyze Jimbo, the coaching staff, the players, and the recruits.

Aggie football is a chance to get together with buds, BBQ, and drink beer. As long as we're not shut out or flatly embarrassed, I'm fine with our team. Many programs with much better successes on the field in the last 20 years have passionate fanbases that want their team to be number one in the country. That is not exactly unique.

I mean, we're competing with the Longhorns, Tigers, Tide, War Eagles, bulldogs, and many others have equal aspirations for their football team.... and largely have produced more results than we have in the last 10 years. And yes, tu has been poor the last decade, but go back to Mac Brown, Vince Young, Colt McCoy days... they were a pretty solid team and routinely better than we were. Of course, that was a time where the success of our football season was whether or not we could play spoiler to tu on their MNC quest.
Agsuffering@bulaw
6-4 probably means he holds serve. But it depends on the details. If everyone is healthy for us and we lose several games to program missing half their roster to COVID, that would change the analysis.

This schedule is a meat grinder and will favor the programs with more depth. We are getting there. Auburn, FL, Bama, and LSU are there. We get Auburn early enough that it may not matter.
fightinag
Jimbo will ride Mond to his demise in AggieLand .
Wake Up Jimbo !
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
I got news for y'all. Might be 5-5. But booing Kellen Mond in person might be worth it.
West Point Aggie
AG
BAS Covid-style!

Nice!!
TopoTacos
AG
Honestly not planning any takeaways from this year unless it's crazy one way or the other. There's so much unknown at this point that I'm just focusing on supporting our guys and hoping we can get some experience for the young guys.

Winning against any of Bama/LSU/Florida/Auburn would be really nice and have me feeling good about our trajectory
Ulrich
Quote:

Aggie football is a chance to get together with buds, BBQ, and drink beer. As long as we're not shut out or flatly embarrassed, I'm fine with our team. Many programs with much better successes on the field in the last 20 years have passionate fanbases that want their team to be number one in the country. That is not exactly unique.

If our goal is to drink beer and barbeque, why are we paying $7.5 million a year for a coach and hundreds of millions for facilities?
VatoLocoAggie
If we have two losses than it's a disappointment season.

No excuses. Championship or bust!
EliteZags
AG
sadly 6 wins this season would translate to 9 most other seasons
Law Hall 69-72
AG
Bread8-Ag92 said:

Ifishandlie said:

I'll bet that even you can't resist looking at car wrecks.
Hawk2007
Ulrich said:

Quote:

If our goal is to drink beer and barbeque, why are we paying $7.5 million a year for a coach and hundreds of millions for facilities?

I never said our goal should not be to win and do as well as we can, but realize many other programs have similar aspirations.

In terms of Jimbo's salary, we have alumni who have done well in private industry, are generous in what they give back, and are dumping money into a program. If a fundraising campaign determined the winner of the championship for a normal, non-COVID 2021 football season, we would be a Top-3 program for sure. However, we squeak into being a Top-10 program pre-season, because several teams are in conferences that cancelled the season.
merch
Even if that home game is played to empty stadium or half empty stadium negating any home field advantage?
VedderAg
AG
8-2 or Not pleased. Sorry. That's where we need to be expectation wise. 7-3 not a disaster but 6-4 would be a step back.
Tegrity123
Jimbo only has a 2019 & 2020 recruiting class that he's accountable for. All his lengthy-recruited players are now freshmen and sophomore, excluding the 2018 class (where Bobby Brown remains the main standout from that class). We won't be good until next year in 2021 and then 2022.
Mumbo Jimbo
one year closer to year 10 that's my take every year
94chem
Tegrity123 said:

Jimbo only has a 2019 & 2020 recruiting class that he's accountable for. All his lengthy-recruited players are now freshmen and sophomore, excluding the 2018 class (where Bobby Brown remains the main standout from that class). We won't be good until next year in 2021 and then 2022.

We're talking about Aggie football, not Covid-19.
DGAG92
AG
Law Hall 69-72 said:

Bread8-Ag92 said:

Ifishandlie said:

I'll bet that even you can't resist looking at car wrecks.

Oh yeah, I'll stare, but I don't complain about it after.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.