Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

This is the Beginning of the End

10,517 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Complete Idiot
Mort Rainey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This day has been coming for the past decade. This is not about coronavirus. The cancelation of the season is about player organization. The media has continued to push the narrative that the ncaa is slavery and it was all coming to a head in this politically charged year.

The schools are saying go **** yourselves to these attempts at player organization. You can thank the ncaa for being a disaster of an entity, with zero leadership or forward thinking ability. You can thank these entitled brats who ask for ridiculous **** like 50% of revenue for the season, all while pissing on the idea of a free ride to a university education. You can thank the media for lapping up this bull**** for years, pushing again and again the narrative that amateur sports is slavery.

We should all be very concerned. There's a chance this is the beginning of the end of college football as we know it. There's a pretty good chance this sport may not even exist in the next few years. Some of you will feign disinterest, which is hilarious since you're posting on a college football board. But I'll be honest. Life without college football would absolutely suck. I love everything about this sport, it's given me some of the best memories of my life, and it makes me sick to think about it being killed by these embarrassing forces
Charlie 31
AG
Good!
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Been a lot longer in the making than that.

The money has ruined the sport and it's been heading that way for over 30 years.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
And I find myself caring WAY less than I would have thought I would 5 years ago....... or hell, 1 year ago.

Screw 'em.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Mort Rainey said:

There's a pretty good chance this sport may not even exist in the next few years.
You really need to clarify what % you're referring to as "pretty good" and how long "few" is.

My definitions are

"pretty good" = 0%

and "few" = when the earth falls into the sun.
30wedge
Mort Rainey said:

This day has been coming for the past decade. This is not about coronavirus. The cancelation of the season is about player organization. The media has continued to push the narrative that the ncaa is slavery and it was all coming to a head in this politically charged year.

The schools are saying go **** yourselves to these attempts at player organization. You can thank the ncaa for being a disaster of an entity, with zero leadership or forward thinking ability. You can thank these entitled brats who ask for ridiculous **** like 50% of revenue for the season, all while pissing on the idea of a free ride to a university education. You can thank the media for lapping up this bull**** for years, pushing again and again the narrative that amateur sports is slavery.

We should all be very concerned. There's a chance this is the beginning of the end of college football as we know it. There's a pretty good chance this sport may not even exist in the next few years. Some of you will feign disinterest, which is hilarious since you're posting on a college football board. But I'll be honest. Life without college football would absolutely suck. I love everything about this sport, it's given me some of the best memories of my life, and it makes me sick to think about it being killed by these embarrassing forces
Why is it hilarious? You can post on a college football board because you like college football and then things happen (like they have) to cause you not to care as much about it. What is hilarious, no, that isn't a the right word, what is sad is having a life that would suck without college football.
West Point Aggie
AG
This week is gonna be threads like this one after the other!

New kind of off season...an 18-month off season!
_mpaul
AG
Quote:

We should all be very concerned. There's a chance this is the beginning of the end of college football as we know it. There's a pretty good chance this sport may not even exist in the next few years. Some of you will feign disinterest, which is hilarious since you're posting on a college football board. But I'll be honest. Life without college football would absolutely suck. I love everything about this sport, it's given me some of the best memories of my life, and it makes me sick to think about it being killed by these embarrassing forces.
College football is way less important than the future of our country. If this helps us hit the reset button and leads some people to realize the stupidity of the path we are currently on, it's worth it. I don't think I'd have much fun anyway watching college football on Saturdays with the country crashing in the background. Maybe some of the players have the sense not to overplay their hand the next time around.

In any negotiation, you have to be prepared to walk away or you'll make stupid decisions. This is a negotiation for the future of the country.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Buford T. Justice
AG
I'm fine with that. We haven't won a national championship since 1939, so it's not like that we were kicking a$$ and taking names.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
West Point Aggie said:

This week is gonna be threads like this one after the other!

New kind of off season...an 18-month off season!
Honestly if season is canceled, a lot of us would just be well served to take a long hiatus from the football board. Travel and Outdoors will be my new hang outs
Buford T. Justice
AG
The initial Nike deal at Florida was the first log on the fire.
West Point Aggie
AG
_mpaul said:

Quote:

We should all be very concerned. There's a chance this is the beginning of the end of college football as we know it. There's a pretty good chance this sport may not even exist in the next few years. Some of you will feign disinterest, which is hilarious since you're posting on a college football board. But I'll be honest. Life without college football would absolutely suck. I love everything about this sport, it's given me some of the best memories of my life, and it makes me sick to think about it being killed by these embarrassing forces.
College football is way less important than the future of our country. If this helps us hit the reset button and leads some people to realize the stupidity of the path we are currently on, it's worth it. I don't think I'd have much fun anyway watching college football on Saturdays with the country crashing in the background. Maybe some of the players have the sense not to overplay their hand the next time around.

In any negotiation, you have to be prepared to walk away or you'll make stupid decisions. This is a negotiation for the future of the country.

I hate to break it to you...none of your let's work together for the future of the country is happening. Are you aware of the November ticket? It is either more of the same or a 180 into who the f*** knows what. There is no working together...that ship sailed LONG ago...
Mr. White
Ride the snake...to the lake
spherical
AG
also... and hear me out now... we NEVER landed on the moon. There is a great documentary about it on Apple TV right now. They say it's fiction, and any resemblance to real life events are unintentional but... you know... read between the lines.
Padre_Island_Ag
AG
Oh, this is just great...just friggin' great! Now, what am I going to do on Saturdays? Yard work????

Let's go Brandon!

Soli Deo Gloria
Krautag81
Mort Rainey said:

CF needs to get back to the basics. Eliminate the scholarships and let's see who wants to play.
_mpaul
AG
West Point Aggie said:

_mpaul said:

Quote:

I hate to break it to you...none of your let's work together for the future of the country is happening. Are you aware of the November ticket? It is either more of the same or a 180 into who the f*** knows what. There is no working together...that ship sailed LONG ago...
Thanks for "breaking it to me," but where did I say anything about working together? Let the whole thing come tumbling down and start over.
TexAggie1999
Hasn't Coronavirus taught us that there is way more to life than sports. I didn't really miss baseball or basketball. I liked football more, but I don't think I will miss it that much. I am not watching a minute of the NBA because of their kneeling and lame social injustice messages on their uniforms. I am fine if the only games I watch this Fall are my kids soccer games (unless those get cancelled).

The money in sports has gotten way out of hand. It makes the players think way too much of themselves. I don't care about their opinions on social matters. Being good at throwing a ball doesn't make you smarter or better able to form opinions on social issues. Why on earth do these athletes think we care about their opinions?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
W
AG
if we're honest...a correction is needed.

and it starts with the salaries of the coaching staffs

Slamn Sharpe
It's hard to imagine how some of you get through life each day.

Grow up
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Slamn Sharpe
C@LAg said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

It's hard to imagine how some of you get through life each day.

Grow up
says someone posting on a board about your imaginary warriors who fight on behalf of you against other schools imaginary warriors.

I have no clue what that means but... ok
Ag4coal
I've been enjoying life more than ever since sports folded up out of irrational fear of Covid. Sincerely don't miss them. I wish the Ags well in everything they do, so if we field a football team I'll hope for wins. But I'm only checking box scores.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
college athletes literally picked the worst year this CENTURY to try and organize. Tons of families are suffering from the pandemic and you think you are big time? let me remind you how many athletes actually make money at the next level.
Aggie
AG
What is going now is the result of these players being pampered to starting when they are in 5th- 6th grade and Into HS.
HS coaches are handcuffed now .. players run the show.
HS facilities are out of control , players think they are big time
Everyone gets a trophy mentaility
Spills over in the college ranks.. look at their facilities Ect
Mindset of these players starts to set in.. " I'm really an important person

Boom... that's where we are now
O'Doyle Rules
AG
Aggie said:

What is going now is the result of these players being pampered to starting when they are in 5th- 6th grade and Into HS.
HS coaches are handcuffed now .. players run the show.
HS facilities are out of control , players think they are big time
Everyone gets a trophy mentaility
Spills over in the college ranks.. look at their facilities Ect
Mindset of these players starts to set in.. " I'm really an important person

Boom... that's where we are now

The great equalizer is economics. The athletes will find out soon the hard lesson of this equation.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Y'all are crazy
Ag Tag
I remember College Football from the old days in the past, it's now evolved into something I no longer like.
I'm ready to wash my hands of it.
Spyderman
AG
The love of money is the root of all evil.

per the best operating manual for our species

No more athletic scholarships.

Rid the campus of the dumb statues.

Find a decent entrance song for Kyle

End this monster of a charade.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
DayAg!
S
Kids now looking to play football are fools. I have a question. If someone like Vince Young doesnt get to play football at tu or anywhere else, what happens then. He ends up at best making minimum wage with some baby momma hittin him up for child support or worse case scenario he ends up in prison or dead. Why because the game of football allowed for him to fake a semblance of an education and at least get a taste of what life can be like if you keep your nose clean.

So fast forward and look at the clowns wanting to organize and make demands on universities for no other reason than because they believe in their simple minds that they are entitled to it. When all the while, if football goes away what will be their plight then. They aren't smart enough to realize they are on the verge of having to go out in the world and try and eek out a living with no college or any help.

They need to wake up and beg to play the damn game, appreciate that they being given a chance at a degree, and be happy they are even allowed to have the opportunity.
"Poor soul, he was just too high strung. I'm afraid the strain was more than he could bear."
revvie
AG
In the 70's college athletes had an athletic dorm with own food preparation different from other campus food service, could have offseason jobs, have up to 10 game tickets per home game, a lot drove vehicles by same car dealer, etc.
All have fell out of favor or banned by NCAA.

I remember one athlete who in the:

Did not have a car provided but his own was better than standard issue

Had an offseason job that paid $15/hr when minimum wage was $2-3 and after he finished job assigned to him by midmorning, his boss told him to spend rest of day training

Gave most of his game tickets($20-25) to third parties who resold them at roughly $100 a ticket and split proceeds. If you were one of the studs on team yours were taken care of by alumni at prearranged prices up to $250/ticket. With usually 6 home games that was a nice sum when semester fees including room and board were less than $1000-1500

They didn't need to organize.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Maybe we could get back to having true student athletes.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.