Story Poster
Photo by Tulsa World
Texas A&M Football Recruiting

2021 Beggs (OK) safety Kendal Daniels chooses Texas A&M

August 1, 2020

Jimbo Fisher and Texas A&M continue to see the 2021 recruiting class come together. On Saturday, the Aggies added another prized target to the fold when Beggs, Oklahoma safety Kendal Daniels‍ announced his college decision.

At 6-4 and190-pounds, Daniels brings a rare combination of size, athleticism and instincts to the table. He is a natural defender with the speed and range to patrol the back end of the defense. He is a sure tackler with an elite burst. Daniels is a prospect with tremendous upside as he continues to grow into his frame.

Daniels chose the Aggies over fellow finalists Clemson, LSU and Oklahoma, and he becomes the 13th commitment in the Aggies’ 2021 class. He is the first safety and joins cornerbacks Deuce Harmon‍, Tyreek Chappell‍ and Dreyden Norwood‍ as defensive backs in the class.

He is regarded as the No. 1 player in the state of Oklahoma, with offers arriving from across the country.

As a junior, Daniels recorded 119 tackles, six interceptions and three touchdowns. In his last two seasons, he has recorded 191 tackles, 12 picks and five touchdowns in 29 games. In that time span, Beggs has a 24-5 overall record, a 13-1 district record and made a trip to the 2A semifinals in 2019 as well as the 2A finals in 2018. Daniels is also a standout on the basketball court.

As always, TexAgs Premium subscribers have access to our full coverage of the Kendal Daniels commitment:

Discussion from...

2021 Beggs (OK) safety Kendal Daniels chooses Texas A&M

18,420 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tegrity123
robprall
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Welcome home! To a better state!
Rob 93
Slamn Sharpe
Gig'em
Urban Country Boy
AG
Great news. Great talent.
West Point Aggie
AG
Ahhhhh football news for once!
Slamn Sharpe
Alabama, Clemson, OU, LSU, FSU, UGA, Auburn, NEB, Oregon, and Notre Dame all offered. He can't be any good though because the sips didn't offer[/snicker
Leander - Ag
ccatag
AG
Fantastic!
jim 78
AG
BOOOOOOM! JIMBO and co gettin it done! Welcome to Aggieland!
La Vernia_Ag06
AG
Welcome to Aggieland Kendal!
West Point Aggie
AG
La Vernia_Ag06 said:

Welcome to Aggieland Kendal!

La Vernia! Howdy neighbor.
Gord89
AG
I like it a lot!
Spyderman
BeastmodeAg
mcag83
AG
Good stuff
Like anyone can even know that.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Jimbo !!
Caesar4
Maroon Flash
AG
HUGE addition!!
AMF 2 AMC
AG
I like this commit for three reasons.

First, Kendal sounds like he has a lot of upside, but you don't get named the top prospect in OK if you're a project. He has talent now AND room to grow.

Second, Beggs, OK is an historical black town. With the offers he has, for him to choose A&M considering how some would portray us lately is refreshing. I'd like to think Kendal has done his research and sees the true heart of Aggieland, and that he can be succesful here.

Third, DEFENSE!

I don't think the other schools he holds offers from will give up easily. Reel him in Jimbo!
AggieTFA06
AG
I always welcome good news
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
Mule
AG
He has exceptional range and instincts. Coupled with the other secondary recruits, we will have an elite secondary that will win championships.

Welcome home!
Texas Aggies
Post removed:
by user
yell_on_6th st
AG
4.7 40?
geismar
To pull the no 1 prospect in Okla away from OU???? Incredible
Slappy White
TAMU74
AG
Welcome aboard Mr. Daniels.
Slamn Sharpe
RoyalOak00 said:

2A? Hmmm. Sounds like a Toya Jones 2.0. Not bad...but not world changing. Obviously I hope I'm horribly wrong.

Did you see his offer list?? He's mo legit than a lil bit
West Point Aggie
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

RoyalOak00 said:

2A? Hmmm. Sounds like a Toya Jones 2.0. Not bad...but not world changing. Obviously I hope I'm horribly wrong.

Did you see his offer list?? He's mo legit than a lil bit

Clearly he didn't
Meximan

All your states' #1 prospects are belong to us.
TAM85
Welcome and gig 'em KD#5!
That_guy
OU rescinded his offer 10 days ago. If they hadn't, he'd be a sooner commit. His words not mine.

Ten days ago, OU called and receded the offer," Daniels told The Oklahoman. "That's where I was going to go. ... I just decided to go to Texas A&M, because it was between them two."

https://t.co/wngllBB4se
CrottyKid
AG
Hi troll.
West Point Aggie
AG
That_guy said:

OU rescinded his offer 10 days ago. If they hadn't, he'd be a sooner commit. His words not mine.

Ten days ago, OU called and receded the offer," Daniels told The Oklahoman. "That's where I was going to go. ... I just decided to go to Texas A&M, because it was between them two."

LOL this clown creates an account to make himself feel better...you're trying too hard sunshine...
Tamu_mgm
AG
Lol OU rescinded their offer because they knew he was going elsewhere, aka A&M. Such a Mack Brown at texas move.

There's absolutely no way OU has filled up, especially with only 13 commits, and with only 1 safety commit, whom is ranked as the number 26 safety and also from the state of Oklahoma. That same kid is also the 7th best OK prospect as opposed to the number ONE prospect (Daniels). Sorry, but whether they actually rescinded his offer or not, there's just no way I'm believing that they all of a sudden filled up and did not want this absolutely elite prospect in their backyard, wanted by literally everyone nationally.

This just screams of media spin to appease the OU fanbase, and is truly pathetic.
Agsuffering@bulaw
About time we took something from ou! My guess is that they probably told him now or never. He probably said he needed more time, and they withdrew to avoid the embarrassment.

They can dress it up on paper, but the football community knows. The street is the only opinion that matters in recruiting. They

Even better, when he is knocking heads off in '22, or will have to answer for why they withdrew the offer.
Ag86Hotard109
AG
West Point Aggie said:

That_guy said:

LOL this clown creates an account to make himself feel better...you're trying too hard sunshine...

Don't be That_guy....username fits
That_guy
The kid straight up said he was going to go to OU. This has nothing to do with making OU fans happy, has to do with getting the truth out there. aTm got a great player, but they were his 2nd choice. Again, his words not mine.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.