Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Hypothetical: How would the majority of the fanbase feel if

9,983 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by StrykerAg
Padre_Island_Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A

Next question.

Let's go Brandon!

Soli Deo Gloria
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Quote:

You believe that calling out racism violates the accepted standard of A&M's community? Are you really sure you want to go that route?
What racism have you, or others, experienced at Texas A&M?
spherical
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Quote:

You believe that calling out racism violates the accepted standard of A&M's community? Are you really sure you want to go that route?

Ok, but if the poster responds to that- aren't you're just going to say it's false or victimhood or... (I forget the other favorites)... I mean- that was your response to the hashtag wasn't it?
Aggie4242

Quote:

I believe Kellen wrote an article about why he was protesting the LSR statue.

Then there was the whole twitter thing:

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200617/texas-am-students-share-stories-of-campus-discrimination

Also, this in 2019:

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Texas-AM-President-responds-to-viral-video-with-racist-remarks-512078961.html

This in 2018:

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article201060099.html

This in 2017:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/college/article/Houston-man-connected-racist-letter-Kevin-Sumlin-13524456.php

This in 2016:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/mar/02/texas-am-racism-allegations-no-police-action-to-be-taken

I know there were a few more incidents over the years as well, if those aren't persuasive enough for you.

Now, would you mind answering the questions I asked you previously? I am still waiting to know who attacked you.

Thanks for your reply.

If you missed all the press, QB1 stated Texas A&M University was racist, its alumni, and supports defunding the Corps as well as removal of Sully (because he was a former Confederate General).

Of course, I know you read it previously, either in the press, twitter, or on this Board.

Philosophically we agree to disagree.

Thank you.
Aggie4242

Thanks for your reply.

If you missed all the press, QB1 stated Texas A&M University was racist, its alumni, and supports defunding the Corps as well as removal of Sully (because he was a former Confederate General).

Of course, I know you read it previously, either in the press, twitter, or on this Board.

Thank you.
When you say we philosophically disagree, do you mean you don't agree with calling out racism?

I am really confused here.

Also, would you mind posting the link to Mond's statements on all of the things you mentioned (except for Sully). I have looked, but all I can find are his comments on Sully and I would be very interested in reading the other things he wrote.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
A
TexAggie1999
Sponge said:

E. Feel better about the team for not having any interest in meeting a buffoon president and eating trash fast food that he brought in.
Not surprising that a pathetic take would be from the resident mega-liberal king of wokeness.
Aggie4242
TexAggie1999 said:

Sponge said:

E. Feel better about the team for not having any interest in meeting a buffoon president and eating trash fast food that he brought in.
Not surprising that a pathetic take would be from the resident mega-liberal king of wokeness.
Well, considering that Biden's inauguration will probably January 20, the college championship team would be meeting with him. Not sure what you are upset about that comment.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
schmendeler said:

i can't imagine being so butt hurt over BLM and/or trump that i would let it ruin my enjoyment over a NC.
How does not wanting to shake hands with a cheeto and eating McDonalds in the White House affect your enjoyment of winning a championship?
ordRV80
AG
Mr Sponge, which buffoon are you referring to??

Biden or Trump?
Soldier, Statesman, Knightly Gentleman
Capital C.
Aggie4242
Also,

A is the only right answer.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
VatoLocoAggie said:

I ain't no sellout.

Reading these comments is soberly disappointing and disturbing as these are Aggies posting. Shameful!

Y'all are weak to put your values and beliefs behind and secondary to winning a championship that is accomplished with very little or no influence by you.

Guess what. Most football players wouldn't like you or even want to have a conversation with you. Yet you get on your knee and worship them like idols. Grown butt men idolizing and pandering to 19 yr old kids playing a children game who could care less about you. Athletes that would disrespect the flag and all it stands for to include lives lost by those defending our nation and our way of life.

You would sacrifice your values and beliefs for that.
Pathetically sad. Thank goodness there are better men in our country than you.
Newsflash: Every single thing you like in this world, whoever created it or was responsible for it, they have opinions or took actions that contradict your "values". Every single one.
Goro Majima
AG
StrykerAg said:

CFB is played in 2020.

A&M wins the National Championship and Mond is a Heisman Finalist/Winner.

The team refuses to visit the White House. Cuz racism. BLM drama flares back up

Majority A&M fanbase reaction is....?

A. Don't care. Won the 'ship!
B. Meh, didn't care about the team all season and still don't
C. Tried to look past the off-season antics and support the team, but enough is enough
D. Willing to ditch the team over the off-season drama, but then they started winning and brought us back, but now we're pissed again
Definitely A
schmendeler
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

schmendeler said:

i can't imagine being so butt hurt over BLM and/or trump that i would let it ruin my enjoyment over a NC.
How does not wanting to shake hands with a cheeto and eating McDonalds in the White House affect your enjoyment of winning a championship?
sorry, what?
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
schmendeler said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

schmendeler said:

sorry, what?
A) Trump's spray tan makes him look like a cheeto.
B) Trump fed the Clemson football team McDonalds, Wendy's, and Burger King when they visited the White House.
C) It is possible to like winning champions and not liking Donald Trump

Does that make sense?
schmendeler
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

schmendeler said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

schmendeler said:

sorry, what?
A) Trump's spray tan makes him look like a cheeto.
B) Trump fed the Clemson football team McDonalds, Wendy's, and Burger King when they visited the White House.
C) It is possible to like winning champions and not liking Donald Trump

Does that make sense?
i get that. my question is, what do your questions have to do with my post?
caleblyn
A&M will win the Natty but only 30% of the NCAA will participate in 2020 football. Therefore, A&M's Natty will always have an asterisk!

This is inevitable!
schmendeler
AG
caleblyn said:

A&M will win the Natty but only 30% of the NCAA will participate in 2020 football. Therefore, A&M's Natty will always have an asterisk!

This is inevitable!
if bama and LSU play, they can put all the asterisks on it they want.
AGHouston11
AG
C

Buck Turgidson
I may not ever support the football team again, but if I do, it will only be after the current group of *******s are gone.
spherical
AG
caleblyn said:

This is inevitable!

I'll take it
spherical
AG
Buck Turgidson said:

I may not ever support the football team again, but if I do, it will only be after the current group of *******s are gone.

What a weird place to post then...
Reno Hightower
The ultimate hypothetical for this program is it beating all 3 of Auburn, LSU and Alabama in the same season. Doubt they can beat Auburn, Kevin Steele is 2-0 vs Kellen Mond led Aggie teams. LSU 50, TAMU 7. No A&M team, not led by Johnny Manziel or Edd Hargett, has ever beaten the elephants.

This team might manage to get one of those three this season but, 2 - 1, 3 - 0 prolly ain't happening.

So hypothetical all ya want, there ain't no MNC happening this season.
C2 Ag 93
C
Aggie4242 said:

Thanks for your reply.

Thank you.
When you say we philosophically disagree, do you mean you don't agree with calling out racism?

Also, would you mind posting the link to Mond's statements on all of the things you mentioned (except for Sully). I have looked, but all I can find are his comments on Sully and I would be very interested in reading the other things he wrote.

Quote:

LOL! No, you said/wrote that. I didn't. I think you're trying to bait me? And, if you are, no-no, no go. If you aren't, I don't think a leading question paralipsis is smart...clever, but not smart.

Quote:

So be it. Give it some more thought.

Quote:

I didn't save the screenshots and this Board and the Twitter are scrubbed; however, if you are genuinely interested to read what was written, there is an option for you. Go to Forum 16 and start a thread titled, "Anyone have the saved screenshots of QB1 calling A&M and Aggies racists"? I'm sure someone will fulfill your request, if you possess the desire to read them, as you noted. That is, unless this Board has banned them altogether. You may want to check with the Mods first. You were posting on Forum 16 on June 4th and you missed those threads.(?) I think they would have been up and trending on that date - before they were nuked.

No tengo mas tiempo para ti amigo

Adios!

TexAgs91
AG
If we don't win with Aggies who bleed Maroon then it doesn't matter.
OlArmy
AG
C. The A&M I attended has been completely destroyed by the liberal faculty and worse president. All future solicitations having anything to do with A&M will be returned, unopened.
Do the Christian thing, BTHO Baylor!!!
RadAg14
AG
Easy A
jeepdriver54
AG
How would the majority feel without these stupid clickbait hanging post titles? Any post that ends in "if" should be immediately deleted!
Drbill73
AG
C+
Houstonag
AG
TAMU sports is dead for the foreseeable future. Until Sharp, Young, etc. etc. are gone there is no hope for our beloved university. The nation is crumbling beneath our eyes due to cowards in business, academia, and government cowering in their offices for fear of being labeled. The progressive left and their uncanny demands is not being told no. Appeasement is the answer for them.

I remember an article written by a true journalist years ago stating the strength of TAMU as "a bastion of sanity in a sea of turmoil"........... The conservative roots were being hailed around the state in the 60s and 70s. Rudder was president most of that time.
StonewallAggieDEFENSE
You lost me at..A&M wins
StrykerAg
AG
jeepdriver54 said:

How would the majority feel without these stupid clickbait hanging post titles? Any post that ends in "if" should be immediately deleted!

You may not know this but....you didn't have to click on it

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.