Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Hypothetical: How would the majority of the fanbase feel if

9,985 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by StrykerAg
OldShadeOfBlue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If Texas A&M wins a championship and Mond grabs a Heisman that's it. I'm quitting my job. Moving to a discreet island,and never giving Aggie Football another chance to disappoint me again. I'll live out my life in peace.
85AustinAg
AG
A all the way.
schmendeler
AG
i can't imagine being so butt hurt over BLM and/or trump that i would let it ruin my enjoyment over a NC.
Agsrback12
A
Showstopper
AG
By the time a CFB National Champion visits the White House it will likely be Biden living in it. I'm solidly an A either way, but I thought most of this board would applaud them refusing to meet Biden. Didn't realize you guys liked Biden so much.
H.E. Pennypacker
AG
StrykerAg said:

Sponge said:

E. Feel better about the team for not having any interest in meeting a buffoon president and eating trash fast food that he brought in.

Wasn't the fast food brought in because there was a govt shutdown preventing the White House from providing a proper meal?

I think from what I recall the shutdown prevented usual Whitehouse food service from handling it. I think the criticism is that McDonald's was Trumps choice (out of theoretically all private restaurants).
winorgetadog
AG
Sponge said:

E. Feel better about the team for not having any interest in meeting a buffoon president and eating trash fast food that he brought in.
This
aeon-ag
I'll give you a simple answer to your question.

Mond's hully gully performance in the last three years will remain the same, so no NC!

Now do I care, not one damn bit!!!!
NavyVetAg
A.

I know partisan politics has become a team sport and everyone seems view everything through a partisan colored glasses these days BUT I've been waiting my whole life for the Ags to win a natty. I'm not getting younger.
TyperWoods
C.
And without an apology I'll never root for Mond.
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
A

EOT

I'm capable of separating sports from politics.
mitchdpm
AG
ColleyvilleAg06 said:

A

EOT

Good for you. Get back to me when sports is able to separate itself from politics.
Potcake
AG
aeon-ag said:

I'll give you a simple answer to your question.

Mond's hully gully performance in the last three years will remain the same, so no NC!

Now do I care, not one damn bit!!!!

And you had to come to the Zoo to declare how little you care. Seems legit.
Aggie4242
mitchdpm said:

ColleyvilleAg06 said:

A

EOT

Good for you. Get back to me when sports is able to separate itself from politics.

Lol that you think sports have ever been separate from politics.
Sumlins Pool Guy
Agsuffering@bulawa said:

The good news is I dont think we have to worry about it. Saban, Dabo and Orgeron ... will take make sure that doesn't happen

Fify
TopoTacos
AG
StrykerAg said:

Sponge said:

Wasn't the fast food brought in because there was a govt shutdown preventing the White House from providing a proper meal?

Dang, if only the shutdown could've been avoided by him signing the original appropriations bill the republican controlled senate passed in the first place before he freaked out and caved to pressure from Fox News to try and get funding for a useless border wall... if only...
Hehateme1
A all day !!
Stone44
AG
Sponge said:

So you think Biden is going to win? He is senile and dumber than an ashtray.
74AnimalA
AG
Strong C.

Cashed in my season tickets. 45 of the last 50 years. 12th Man Donor since '77.

But, There are 3 scholarship athletes out of the 4 that IMO have NO Respect for Elders, Traditions, and are being led by some bad examples.

In spite of the fact that most will be gone after this season, it's about the LACK of LEADERSHIP from the Administration, FSA, Athletic department, among others which is apparent by their Dead Silence.

And then again we have another March this Sun. Besides the disrespect, Destroying State Property should they be directly involved should result in arrest, and charging being brought against them. I doubt they can maintain their scholarships if that's the case.

Besides whatever happens this year, assuming there is one, will be marked with the * anyway.
DeepEastTxAg
AG
A by a country mile. Why should I care if the team doesn't like the president? If they don't care to meet him, they shouldn't have to.
Aggie4242
74AnimalA said:

Strong C.

But, There are 3 scholarship athletes out of the 4 that IMO have NO Respect for Elders, Traditions, and are being led by some bad examples.

In spite of the fact that most will be gone after this season, it's about the LACK of LEADERSHIP from the Administration, FSA, Athletic department, among others which is apparent by their Dead Silence.

And then again we have another March this Sun. Besides the disrespect, Destroying State Property should they be directly involved should result in arrest, and charging being brought against them. I doubt they can maintain their scholarships if that's the case.

Besides whatever happens this year, assuming there is one, will be marked with the * anyway.

If it makes you feel any better, nobody will miss you. Also, Mond is just the tip of the iceberg and I promise that none of them care what you think.

There will be lots of Ags ready to fill Kyle and support the team. In my honest opinion, the less fair weather fans like you that aren't there, the better!
VatoLocoAggie
I ain't no sellout.

Reading these comments is soberly disappointing and disturbing as these are Aggies posting. Shameful!

Y'all are weak to put your values and beliefs behind and secondary to winning a championship that is accomplished with very little or no influence by you.

Guess what. Most football players wouldn't like you or even want to have a conversation with you. Yet you get on your knee and worship them like idols. Grown butt men idolizing and pandering to 19 yr old kids playing a children game who could care less about you. Athletes that would disrespect the flag and all it stands for to include lives lost by those defending our nation and our way of life.

You would sacrifice your values and beliefs for that.
Pathetically sad. Thank goodness there are better men in our country than you.
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
class12of
AG
I have to say A...

G

G

I

E

SSSSSS....
DeepEastTxAg
AG
VatoLocoAggie said:

I ain't no sellout.

Reading these comments is soberly disappointing and disturbing as these are Aggies posting. Shameful!

Y'all are weak to put your values and beliefs behind and secondary to winning a championship that is accomplished with very little or no influence by you.

Guess what. Most football players wouldn't like you or even want to have a conversation with you. Yet you get on your knee and worship them like idols. Grown butt men idolizing and pandering to 19 yr old kids playing a children game who could care less about you. Athletes that would disrespect the flag and all it stands for to include lives lost by those defending our nation and our way of life.

You done?
Aggie4242
VatoLocoAggie said:

I ain't no sellout.

This is what happens when you let politics dominate your life.

It makes zero difference to me how people I will never meet feel about me. I watch sports to be entertained, just like movies and TV shows.

I don't agree politically with Jon Voight or Clint Eastwood, but I sure do enjoy watching them in movies!

It sounds like the problem some of folks on this thread have is that if somebody doesn't agree with them 100% politically it threatens them personally. If an athlete (or entertainer) makes a political statement you don't agree with, try this tactic: Ignore it!

If you can't separate entertainment from politics, that is on you and nobody else.
Reno Hightower
None of the above.

An MNC isn't in the cards for them, they lack the leadership, talent and character to get that job done.
halfastros81
AG
C
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Aggie4242 said:

VatoLocoAggie said:

I ain't no sellout.

It makes zero difference to me how people I will never meet feel about me. I watch sports to be entertained, just like movies and TV shows.

I don't agree politically with Jon Voight or Clint Eastwood, but I sure do enjoy watching them in movies!

It sounds like the problem some of folks on this thread have is that if somebody doesn't agree with them 100% politically it threatens them personally. If an athlete (or entertainer) makes a political statement you don't agree with, try this tactic: Ignore it!

If you can't separate entertainment from politics, that is on you and nobody else.

Your 1st & last paragraphs....oh the irony.

Somebody calls me a racist will not get my time, support or money.

Somebody calls the institution where I graduated ( twice ) a racist institution will not get my respect.

If those people making the accusations the people in the stands support these statements, the intellectual capacity of all involved is not deep or broad.

It's a B.

The group of individuals that take the field this year, assuming there is a season, will self destruct. They can't help themselves from pointing fingers.
85AustinAg
AG
If there are any students out there reading this crap on the football forum and are writing a paper about "virtue signaling" - its all here on this forum.
Aggie4242
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Aggie4242 said:

VatoLocoAggie said:

I ain't no sellout.

Somebody calls the institution where I graduated ( twice ) a racist institution will not get my respect.

If those people making the accusations the people in the stands support these statements, the intellectual capacity of all involved is not deep or broad.

It's a B.

The group of individuals that take the field this year, assuming there is a season, will self destruct. They can't help themselves from pointing fingers.

Can you link to where a student (or student-athlete) specifically called you racist?

If you aren't racist, it sure seems strange to get upset over somebody else calling out what they percieve as racism. Why does it strike such a chord with you?

Also, what these student-athletes do, or don't, say off the field will have no impact on their athletic performance. That comes across as some really weird wishful thinking on your part.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Take the natty and run. Every. Single. Time.
Slamn Sharpe
74AnimalA said:

Strong C.

You were faithful all those years to teams that had players that felt the same way as Mond and some of the others. I would even wager there were some athletes that were further down the spectrum.

The difference is there was no platform for them to step forward and say anything.
88Warrior
Mond is incapable of any of these things...
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Aggie4242 said:

Aggie4242 said:

VatoLocoAggie said:

I ain't no sellout.

It's a B.

Can you link to where a student (or student-athlete) specifically called you racist?

If you aren't racist, it sure seems strange to get upset over somebody else calling out what they percieve as racism. Why does it strike such a chord with you?

Also, what these student-athletes do, or don't, say off the field will have no impact on their athletic performance. That comes across as some really weird wishful thinking on your part.
Google it.

When a person(victim) is called names or physically attacked, it's the victim's choice as to how they want to react/respond, correct? Some will reciprocate and call names in return and others will physically fight back and some will ask "Why"? The choice belongs to the victim. You ask, "Why does it strike such a chord with you?", I didn't think I would have to explain this to you. It's my choice as to how I want to respond being called a racist. You can turn the other cheek or go eye for an eye. It's a personal decision and both have consequences. Someone calls me a racist,....I really don't want to give them support, time or money.

If you decide to venture out of the city limits of the county where you live, you'll find it's a big world. If you don't think the narrative put forth by QB1 and his teammates along with the rest of the mob has an impact on Texas A&M and it's alumni, you're sadly mistaken.

As for a student-athlete, what they do or say off the field, may have no impact on their athletic performance...maybe. Yet, these student-athlete's become the face of the University for which they represent and are being paid to do so, it's called a scholarship. An athletic scholarship is payment or a reward, provided by the university, in this case a "State" university, to a student-athlete, providing a no cost education in exchange for an athletic service, by definition - that is a payment. The student-athlete is basically an "employee" of the University, again in this case a "State" university, and is provided housing, meals, tutoring and medical care. Always remember, "State" university employee can be terminated for 1. refusing to obey a direct order and 2. moral turpitude. Therefore, yes, a student-athlete has a responsibility to the university they represent, especially a "State" university. In this case, there are several student-athletes (paid employees) that should have been dismissed/terminated for moral turpitude. There are quite a few "State" employees that have been terminated over the years on the grounds of moral turpitude that would be regarded as far less offensive acts then what the student-athletes demonstrated over the past weeks.

As for the athletic prowess of the current upper-classmen individuals, MNC caliber is not in this year's destiny. After a few of the individuals leave, there is more promise coming from the underclassmen. The underclassmen just have to wait for the annual purge of these self-destructive personalities.

Aggie4242

Aggie4242 said:

Aggie4242 said:

VatoLocoAggie said:

I ain't no sellout.

It's a B.

Google it.

When a person(victim) is called names or physically attacked, it's the victim's choice as to how they want to react/respond, correct? Some will reciprocate and call names in return and others will physically fight back and some will ask "Why"? The choice belongs to the victim. You ask, "Why does it strike such a chord with you?", I didn't think I would have to explain this to you. It's my choice as to how I want to respond being called a racist. You can turn the other cheek or go eye for an eye. It's a personal decision and both have consequences. Someone calls me a racist,....I really don't want to give them support, time or money.

If you decide to venture out of the city limits of the county where you live, you'll find it's a big world. If you don't think the narrative put forth by QB1 and his teammates along with the rest of the mob has an impact on Texas A&M and it's alumni, you're sadly mistaken.

As for a student-athlete, what they do or say off the field, may have no impact on their athletic performance...maybe. Yet, these student-athlete's become the face of the University for which they represent and are being paid to do so, it's called a scholarship. An athletic scholarship is payment or a reward, provided by the university, in this case a "State" university, to a student-athlete, providing a no cost education in exchange for an athletic service, by definition - that is a payment. The student-athlete is basically an "employee" of the University, again in this case a "State" university, and is provided housing, meals, tutoring and medical care. Always remember, "State" university employee can be terminated for 1. refusing to obey a direct order and 2. moral turpitude. Therefore, yes, a student-athlete has a responsibility to the university they represent, especially a "State" university. In this case, there are several student-athletes (paid employees) that should have been dismissed/terminated for moral turpitude. There are quite a few "State" employees that have been terminated over the years on the grounds of moral turpitude that would be regarded as far less offensive acts then what the student-athletes demonstrated over the past weeks.

As for the athletic prowess of the current upper-classmen individuals, MNC caliber is not in this year's destiny. After a few of the individuals leave, there is more promise coming from the underclassmen. The underclassmen just have to wait for the annual purge of these self-destructive personalities.

Can you show me where, and who, specifically attacked you? You made the claim, you present the evidence. It's not my job to prove your world view.

Also, who called you a racist? Can you link to the exact statement?

Moral turpitude? Just so I am clear, you are referring to this definition, correct?

Quote:

an act or behavior that gravely violates the sentiment or accepted standard of the community

You believe that calling out racism violates the accepted standard of A&M's community? Are you really sure you want to go that route?

Also, what "offensive acts" did these student-athletes demonstrate? I would love to see the specific events you are talking about (shouldn't be hard since you have referenced them so many times).

Tell me, what political views do you think these underclassmen have? Do you think they are any different then Mond's?

Or, are you one of those folks that prefer athletes to "shut up and dribble", unless they specifically agree with your political point of view?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.