Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Why does A&M have a NCAA target on it.

8,369 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by RAB83
fightinag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am wondering if the NCAA has a hate for Texas A&M.
I know the parents of a high school player who signed with an out of state school and the next day had a brand new Cadillac Escalade
My son has a friend who attended and played at a university in Austin who got a new Red McCombs Raptor a couple of months after signing his letter of intent.
Yet A&M has a target on it !
wtf
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
AggieBlu
AG
What a waste of effort. The NCAA is worse than Congress!
I will never understand how someone can tell so many lies and not feel bad about it...
JJxvi
AG
IMO, if you agree to get minor sanctions on your own due to some misguided sense of honor, then you get sanctioned. If you ignore the NCAA and actively tell them to cram it you get nothing unless the whole thing happens to blow up in your face in some other public way.
zooguy96
The 'sips caused it before.

I'd assume Bama is causing it now.
TexAggie1999
Does everything have to be a conspiracy or someone else's fault? Maybe we just did something wrong and got punished for it. Maybe that would happen to other universities under the same situation.

We have a victim mentality just like Black Lives Matters.
Just Tired
to the ncaa only #bluebloodprogramsmatter
maroongoon95
AG
Your post OP should have stated..... why is A&M targeted by the NCAA.
AGSWINAGAIN
WE NEED A JOURNALISM DEPARTMENT! Don't mean to shout but it would go a long way in these matters.
Stone44
AG
North Carolina got away with murder. Total academic fraud. Former players confirmed the allegations while Roy "dog face " Williams blatantly lied. They out lawyered the NCAA spending 30 million in attorney fees and beat them. We just roll over and take it in the tush. We need to grow a pair, especially with such a bs offense.
Raptor
AG
Never better than tied for 2nd in the West which was 8 years ago. That season at 11-2 was our best year since 1998. Luka Doni wasn't even born yet.

We're a threat.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

VatoLocoAggie
We have a target because we are poised to be the next Climpson.

Before all this crap, we were the team to make a serious push for the SEC title against Bama.

So we were getting sniped. It happens.

The infractions were minor. No big deal at all.

One was Jimbo visiting a coaching friend at a high school and accidentally bumped into a recruit and said "excuse me".

The other was when a recruit sneezed and JF said "Bless you"

These are blown way out of proportion. Nothing to see here. Move along. We already have.
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
psybj
If you ain't cheating you ain't in the running for anything.

Just not smart to do something in the open and get caught.

Those new cars, etc, are often given to the kid by his /auntuncle, NCAA has no ability to investigate the relative to see who makes the payments.

There are many many ways to cheat, you are bad if you get caught.

Jimbo's offense was minute, he just got seen and turned in. I recall players in the 80s whose recruiting started in 8th grade. Just gotta squeeze into the cracks of the rules or don't get seen in public.

Remember the NCAA don't have subpoena power, but if they find something admissible they might go ballistic with their power.
psybj
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
AGHouston11
AG
The players should be making millions while having to endure their struggle and it's just not fair to them. The whole system is rigged oppression.
isitjustme
AG
My question is why do we get caught breaking rules and still have the same old records? Other schools cheat, win a natty, then have to give it back.
levypantsEOY
Do you even Aggie, bro?
isitjustme
AG
levypantsEOY said:

Do you even Aggie, bro?
I'm the one with the Ag tag. I have Aggied for a very long time. Do you even Aggie?
greg.w.h
AG
If I understand correctly, the false claims by a former player triggered an end-to-end investigation like they did on Gundy and these issues turned up. The practice one kinda makes sense as explained by Looch. I'm not a fan of the entire NCAA recruiting system per se, but it makes some sense that there is a minimum age for direct contact with a potential student athlete.

My concern is that we continue to find ways to infract. And then the question of exactly how common infractions really are when the NCAA can't find a way to punish UNC and the athletic wear bribe takers. I'll note the NCAA isn't a government institution (though it styles itself as a body that writes "legislation") and lacks subpoena power.
Agvet12
AG
levypantsEOY said:

Do you even Aggie, bro?

Lol sip troll strikes again
Alpha Texan
AG
JJxvi said:

IMO, if you agree to get minor sanctions on your own due to some misguided sense of honor, then you get sanctioned. If you ignore the NCAA and actively tell them to cram it you get nothing unless the whole thing happens to blow up in your face in some other public way.
Right on. Perfect examples are Mizzou and LSU in the last 3 years.

Mizzou rats on themselves so the NCAA brings the hammer down hard

LSU emplores the NCAA to leave them alone for using hundreds of thousands of dollars from a children's hospital charity fund to pay athletes after their head basketball gets investigated, wire tapped, and all the needed evidence collected by the FBI. But they walked free because they told the NCAA to go somewhere else.
jim 78
AG
zooguy96 said:

The 'sips caused it before.

I'd assume Bama is causing it now.
crooked sips probably still causing issues
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
C@LAg said:

VatoLocoAggie said:

We have a target because we are poised to be the next Climpson.

Hillary Climpson?
Homer Climpson.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
agrab86 said:

My question is why do we get caught breaking rules and still have the same old records? Other schools cheat, win a natty, then have to give it back.
I'd take 20 years of probation for a title.
1976Ag
AG
Take a look at who's on the NCAA Div 1 Rules Infraction Committee. Then you can ask yourself why tu and OU never get called out on rules infractions.

http://www.ncaa.org/ncaa-division-i-committee-infractions-roster

Jody Conrad's, tu former women's basketball coach and now Special Assistant to Athletics at tu

Jason Leonard, Executive Director of Athletic Compliance it Oklahoma

Why can't TAMU get on this committee?
isitjustme
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

agrab86 said:

I'd take 20 years of probation for a title.
Sadly, a lot of Aggies share this view. I don't.
fightinag
JUST WIN BABY............
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
Sq 12 Ag
AG
1976Ag said:

Take a look at who's on the NCAA Div 1 Rules Infraction Committee. Then you can ask yourself why tu and OU never get called out on rules infractions.

Jody Conrad's, tu former women's basketball coach and now Special Assistant to Athletics at tu

The committee has a super heavy northern/midwestern influence. The south get almost no representation.
psybj
Alpha Texan said:

LSU emplores the NCAA to leave them alone for using hundreds of thousands of dollars from a children's hospital charity fund to pay athletes after their head basketball gets investigated, wire tapped, and all the needed evidence collected by the FBI. But they walked free because they told the NCAA to go somewhere else.

LSU football wasn't punished re the stolen funds because the gifts were given after the kid played, and it was discovered after too much time had elapsed. The embezzler is in jail, and that item is still puzzling

LSU Hoops is still under investigation, holding up recruiting. LSU was to get a commit from a top kid, then Dickie V sent out a tweet claiming LSU was about to get hit hard by NCAA. The kid cancelled his announcement. Still waiting for the NCAA announcement, it hangs and affects the program.
psybj
sonnysixkiller
AG
Would you like some cheese with your whine ??
Drawkcab
1976Ag said:

It's also interesting that Stan Wilcox, NCAA Executive VP of Regulatory Affairs, was previously the VP and AD at Florida State.
TwoTimeAg
AG
Charles Allen Wright. His 10 year tenure on the NCAA infractions committee led to many complaints from other SWC schools regarding unfair treatment.
halfastros81
AG
Imo, it's because we aren't a part of the blue blood club.

Having said that, this "probation" is pretty much a non-event.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Stone44 said:

North Carolina got away with murder. Total academic fraud. Former players confirmed the allegations while Roy "dog face " Williams blatantly lied. They out lawyered the NCAA spending 30 million in attorney fees and beat them. We just roll over and take it in the tush. We need to grow a pair, especially with such a bs offense.
Maybe bc what we're "taking in the tush" is just a pin-*****. It's literally the lightest hand-slap possible. For f's sake we got fined $5,000... For an athletic department that makes millions. Why is everyone making such a big deal out of this?
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
psybj said:

Alpha Texan said:

LSU football wasn't punished re the stolen funds because the gifts were given after the kid played, and it was discovered after too much time had elapsed. The embezzler is in jail, and that item is still puzzling

LSU Hoops is still under investigation, holding up recruiting. LSU was to get a commit from a top kid, then Dickie V sent out a tweet claiming LSU was about to get hit hard by NCAA. The kid cancelled his announcement. Still waiting for the NCAA announcement, it hangs and affects the program.
Well that's slightly comforting to hear. I figured it had just all been swept under the rug by now.
TX_Aggie37
AG
Here's to hoping we gave them the info so we could get a slap on the wrist, and then once they think we're taken care of and look away we can REALLY start cheating.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.