Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Why does A&M have a NCAA target on it.

8,385 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by RAB83
Dr. Teeth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
zooguy96 said:

The 'sips caused it before.

I'd assume Bama is causing it now.

Because we're such a huge threat to their dominance....
Agsone
AG
In hindsight one of the mistakes made during my years at A&M was the decision by the University to drop the journalism program. If you look at news media in sports and otherwise, those universities with a strong journalism alumni base write and share their perspectives with a broader forum than those without. Set us back a bit IMO.
A&M Give Us Room!
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
I think this latest probation is just one of the final steps of our hazing ritual to join the SEC.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Because minor recruiting violation >>>>>>>>>>> rape
Stone44
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Stone44 said:

North Carolina got away with murder. Total academic fraud. Former players confirmed the allegations while Roy "dog face " Williams blatantly lied. They out lawyered the NCAA spending 30 million in attorney fees and beat them. We just roll over and take it in the tush. We need to grow a pair, especially with such a bs offense.
Maybe bc what we're "taking in the tush" is just a pin-*****. It's literally the lightest hand-slap possible. For f's sake we got fined $5,000... For an athletic department that makes millions. Why is everyone making such a big deal out of this?
The penalty is not the problem, it's the damage to our reputation and the negative publicity. It was an isolated incident and minor in scope but ESPN and the DMN treat us like we're serial rapists.
halfastros81
AG
It doesn't seem to be having a negative impact on recruiting.
RAB83
AG
Drawkcab said:

1976Ag said:

Take a look at who's on the NCAA Div 1 Rules Infraction Committee. Then you can ask yourself why tu and OU never get called out on rules infractions.

http://www.ncaa.org/ncaa-division-i-committee-infractions-roster

Jody Conrad's, tu former women's basketball coach and now Special Assistant to Athletics at tu

Jason Leonard, Executive Director of Athletic Compliance it Oklahoma

Why can't TAMU get on this committee?

It's also interesting that Stan Wilcox, NCAA Executive VP of Regulatory Affairs, was previously the VP and AD at Florida State.
There was bad blood between Wilcox and Jimbo at FSU.
Aggie 100 - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, & 2018
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.