Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Real nice look for our team

46,917 Views | 315 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jarrin' Jay
runontexas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I enjoyed the Mike Sherman years #BirdsUp
Snap E Tom
Aint Like It Ustabe said:

2004FIGHTINTXAG said:

Hey Bjork - really? You're proud of this?!

Freaking disgusting. Can't believe this garbage is happening at A&M.

Bjork is an arsekisser and a joke. What did we expect from him? Did anyone pay attention to the zoo he ran in Oxford? He left town with them on probation from should have been lack of institutional control. The Peter Principal dimes him out at second rate Ole Piss.
I warned y'all on Bjork. Listen to him talk. Every other word is "um." Best case scenario is that that's a sign of lack of confidence, at worse, he's still trying to gather words as he talks. Not impressed when I hear him talk, and definitely not impressed now that there's a crisis.
LihaiAg06
AG
geb83 said:

Quote:

I really wish TexAgs would shut all of YOU clowns down. Mond there intimidating the old Ags there? Seriously?! All they did was listen and talk. The old Ags were the ones at a loss of words when being talked to respectfully and with reason. Only thing I heard from the old Ags was Sully has been there a long time. Great reason. They didn't even want to talk to them it seemed...they were just there to make sure nobody vandalized it I guess?

The left, wanting to silence speech. You really sound young, and indoctrinated into the leftist agenda. Can the other side not protest as well? Please tell me.

Old Ags were respectful and silent, can't say as much for the other side.

Mond seems to believe he can turn himself into the next Keapernick (sp), and cash in with Nike or other sports apparel company as some sort of iconic figure, and cash checks; guess he's realized he won't make in the NFL . . . if it's still there after this crap.

Time to cancel college football in 2020. Let's practice some social distancing.

I'm sorry to disappoint you that I don't associate with the "left". I don't want to silence any free speech. There has come a point where some of you appear to value the Texas A&M as you have known it to be over the Texas A&M values. Why not dream what it could be? Texas A&M's values will be upheld and make us who we are, not a statue of a man who saved the university. Sully can be appreciated for that and applauded for good things he did in his life. But for respect to our black students and alumni, we can exhibit leadership on a national scale if we take a stand against racial injustice by removing Sully.
agcrock2005
AG
Because if you remove history you don't like then what do you have to learn from? You don't just erase everything that's bad in history. You learn from it.
samhoustonag
Mond can't make a name for himself as a QB, so he is trying to invent a legacy as a SJW. And perhaps hoping this will keep Jimbo from benching him this season.

Time for Jimbo and Pat Henry to step up and sit their players down. I do not believe RC would have put up with this crap.

Pat Henry should dismiss Tucker.

Email Coach Henry and others in the athletics department, requesting that those who displayed thuggish behavior are dismissed from their respective teams.
samhoustonag
LihaiAg06 said:

geb83 said:

Quote:

I really wish TexAgs would shut all of YOU clowns down. Mond there intimidating the old Ags there? Seriously?! All they did was listen and talk. The old Ags were the ones at a loss of words when being talked to respectfully and with reason. Only thing I heard from the old Ags was Sully has been there a long time. Great reason. They didn't even want to talk to them it seemed...they were just there to make sure nobody vandalized it I guess?

The left, wanting to silence speech. You really sound young, and indoctrinated into the leftist agenda. Can the other side not protest as well? Please tell me.

Mond seems to believe he can turn himself into the next Keapernick (sp), and cash in with Nike or other sports apparel company as some sort of iconic figure, and cash checks; guess he's realized he won't make in the NFL . . . if it's still there after this crap.

I'm sorry to disappoint you that I don't associate with the "left". I don't want to silence any free speech. There has come a point where some of you appear to value the Texas A&M as you have known it to be over the Texas A&M values. Why not dream what it could be? Texas A&M's values will be upheld and make us who we are, not a statue of a man who saved the university. Sully can be appreciated for that and applauded for good things he did in his life. But for respect to our black students and alumni, we can exhibit leadership on a national scale if we take a stand against racial injustice by removing Sully.
Let's be sure nothing on campus references Martin Luther King. Sure he did some great stuff. But he was a serial adulterer and that is wrong behavior. I find it offensive. So out he goes.

No one is perfect. All make mistakes. Take the person into the historical context of the times and see if the good far outweighs the bad.

Stop trying to deny and destroy history. No more Taliban acts in the US.
LihaiAg06
AG
We aren't talking about removing history. History will always be there. Relocate sully to a museum if that makes you feel better. Sully is glorified at A&M, usually mindlessly. I put pennies on the statue when I was a student. I thought it was a fun tradition. However, with knowledge, comes responsibility. I don't want to glorify a man that killed blacks and Indians. Even if that was a norm then. Even if he saved A&M. Even if it was a good thing to start Prairieview at the time. Can we all agree that segregation is not a good thing? Can we all agree that killing people based on skin color is bad?
(removed:110450)
AG
LihaiAg06
AG
samhoustonag said:

LihaiAg06 said:

geb83 said:

Quote:

Let's be sure nothing on campus references Martin Luther King. Sure he did some great stuff. But he was a serial adulterer and that is wrong behavior. I find it offensive. So out he goes.

No one is perfect. All make mistakes. Take the person into the historical context of the times and see if the good far outweighs the bad.

Because cheating on your wife is equal to racism and the murder of people based on skin color.
NomadicAggie
AG
samhoustonag
LihaiAg06 said:

samhoustonag said:

LihaiAg06 said:

geb83 said:

Quote:

Because cheating on your wife is equal to racism and the murder of people based on skin color.
Sully did not murder people based on skin color. Educate yourself.

And adultery is just as wrong as racism. I don't believe in liberal relativism.
TyperWoods
My Saturdays in the fall just opened up with 4 more hours of free time.
samhoustonag
LihaiAg06 said:

We aren't talking about removing history. History will always be there. Relocate sully to a museum if that makes you feel better. Sully is glorified at A&M, usually mindlessly. I put pennies on the statue when I was a student. I thought it was a fun tradition. However, with knowledge, comes responsibility. I don't want to glorify a man that killed blacks and Indians. Even if that was a norm then. Even if he saved A&M. Even if it was a good thing to start Prairieview at the time. Can we all agree that segregation is not a good thing? Can we all agree that killing people based on skin color is bad?
He was a soldier and enemy black soldiers were killed.

And those wonderful, peace loving Indians to which you refer were not quiet so nice in reality. They tortured, massacred and enslaved others - not just Anglos, but other Indian tribes. Learn history. Then open your mouth.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Heismenberg said:

Is it too late to start the #StartCalzada?
Is it too late for the transfer rule ?
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
BQ78
AG
Unfortunately you still don't have knowledge, get some.
Stone44
AG
Sully did not murder anyone. Adultery is a serious sin and one of the 10 commandments. Don't compromise your values if you have any and get off your knees as you kiss the feet of BLM members. No one respects weakness. No one is above the law and all of should show respect to others who may disagree with us.
LihaiAg06
AG
Say he didn't murder anyone. He was called a "negro killer." Adultery is serious...I am not saying that it isn't. It is easy to justify Sully's actions because he was in a war. However, there were other times he killed when he was not in war. The fact is white superiority was prevalent in times and that did not escape Sully. Let's not cancel Sully, but let's remove him as a tradition because Respect is an Aggie core value. We can all agree that we have progressed as a society since segregation and slavery were a norm? Let's take the next step now.
LihaiAg06
AG
I honestly don't know. But progress isn't stagnant. It takes a willingness to adapt, to change, to improve. Staying still leads to decay and decline.
fightintxaggie10
AG
LihaiAg06 said:

Say he didn't murder anyone. He was called a "negro killer." Adultery is serious...I am not saying that it isn't. It is easy to justify Sully's actions because he was in a war. However, there were other times he killed when he was not in war. The fact is white superiority was prevalent in times and that did not escape Sully. Let's not cancel Sully, but let's remove him as a tradition because Respect is an Aggie core value. We can all agree that we have progressed as a society since segregation and slavery were a norm? Let's take the next step now.

Wait what? Some newspaper came up with name due to a battle against an all black regiment during a WAR. A war. He wasn't given that name for his general everyday life Jesus.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Serious question. Are you for removing any statues/monuments of Washington, Jefferson, or any of the founding fathers? They all owned slaves and your logic leads me to believe that you would be for removing them.
BadAggie
AG
Play average on the field, act like garbage off it.

merch
Oh lihaag6...come on.

If I say that about you then that makes it so??
annie88
AG
Shame on Mond.
LihaiAg06
AG
I get it...it was written in a newspaper. Think about it though...what would have been written if that war happened today. If he was labeled as "negro killer" then, what would we be calling him today?

I'm good if you want Sully to stay. I'm not labeling you a racist if you do. My main frustration has been people not having the respect and empathy to say the words "Black Lives Matter." Forget the organization. Think of black people. Can you say that you care for them? That you hurt that they feel oppressed in so many ways still. Do you understand that? If people only showed empathy, we would be a much better university and much better country.
annie88
AG
He didn't. The black soldiers were on the other side during a war. Educate yourself. Ignorant.
LihaiAg06
AG
I would not be opposed to it.
LihaiAg06
AG
No joke. Blacks fought for the north? You don't say.

You guys know why we celebrate Juneteenth?
2004FIGHTINTXAG
So if you're not opposed to taking down the founding fathers statues/monuments then what about "The Star Spangled Banner?" Do you want that gone? What about the constitution? Both were written by slave owners.
Just trying to figure out where your logic ends.
LihaiAg06
AG
There is a difference in wanting cancel things that people did and gave our university/country and wanting to cancel the glorification of such people. We can educate our kids to know what they gave but condemn what they took.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
LihaiAg06 said:

I get it...it was written in a newspaper. Think about it though...what would have been written if that war happened today. If he was labeled as "negro killer" then, what would we be calling him today?

I'm good if you want Sully to stay. I'm not labeling you a racist if you do. My main frustration has been people not having the respect and empathy to say the words "Black Lives Matter." Forget the organization. Think of black people. Can you say that you care for them? That you hurt that they feel oppressed in so many ways still. Do you understand that? If people only showed empathy, we would be a much better university and much better country.

So because someone does not say "Black Lives Matter" then they have no empathy for blacks? They don't care about the race? This is not a sound argument.
LihaiAg06
AG
Tell me why you can't say it?
2004FIGHTINTXAG
LihaiAg06 said:

There is a difference in wanting cancel things that people did and gave our university/country and wanting to cancel the glorification of such people. We can educate our kids to know what they gave but condemn what they took.

But nobody is glorifying the founding fathers for owning slaves. Nor Sully for fighting for the Confederacy.
The statues/monuments are not there because they owned slaves. You lost me now.
merch
I don't support BLM.

I'm opposed to racism.

But if you support BLM, you may consider educating yourself a bit more.

I will support those that want to unify, not divide.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Of course I can say it. I'm pointing out that your argument doesn't make sense. Just because someone doesn't say "Black Lives Matter" doesn't mean they don't care or empathize.
Do I have to say "I love you brother" for me to truly love a friend? Do I have to say "I love you Dad" in order to love my dad?
LihaiAg06
AG
Like I said, forget the BLM organization.

Just simply say that black lives matter with no ties to anything else.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.