Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Why Sports Stadiums Are Incubators for the Spread of the Virus

13,226 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ragnar Danneskjoldd
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BostonAg74 said:

Phoenix1 said:

Aggie_Swag18 said:

How is this a bad take? People on here are nutjobs acting like they should be able to do whatever they want regardless of how it impacts others.

It's called freedom. If you don't like it move to China.
Actually, it's called narcissism.

It is not narcissistic to want to be able to go back to work to provide for your family. It is not narcissistic to want to go to Aggie football game to support our school and support our current team.

It is extremely narcissistic to want to keep me from going to those thing because you are afraid I will get you sick, even if you were staying home either way.

Stop trying to paint the other side as aholes here. You are the one trying to treat humans like zoo animals.
BostonAg74
Champ Bailey said:

BostonAg74 said:

Phoenix1 said:

Aggie_Swag18 said:

How is this a bad take? People on here are nutjobs acting like they should be able to do whatever they want regardless of how it impacts others.

It is not narcissistic to want to be able to go back to work to provide for your family. It is not narcissistic to want to go to Aggie football game to support our school and support our current team.

It is extremely narcissistic to want to keep me from going to those thing because you are afraid I will get you sick, even if you were staying home either way.

Stop trying to paint the other side as aholes here. You are the one trying to treat humans like zoo animals.
The comment was that people on here were acting like they should be able to do "whatever they want regardless of how it impacts others", which is, in fact, a form of narcissism. The defense of that attitude was "It's called freedom", which is incorrect. In a civilized society, freedom is tempered with responsibility and respect for other members of that society, who have an equal right to freedom. The behavior that was described is narcissism, not "freedom".
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
BostonAg74 said:

Champ Bailey said:

BostonAg74 said:

Phoenix1 said:

Aggie_Swag18 said:

The comment was that people on here were acting like they should be able to do "whatever they want regardless of how it impacts others", which is, in fact, a form of narcissism. The defense of that attitude was "It's called freedom", which is incorrect. In a civilized society, freedom is tempered with responsibility and respect for other members of that society, who have an equal right to freedom. The behavior that was described is narcissism, not "freedom".

No it's not. Because they are saying that everyone should be able to do whatever they want, including themselves. They are making the argument for every single person in this country, which by definition means it's not narcissism.
BostonAg74
Champ Bailey said:

BostonAg74 said:

Champ Bailey said:

BostonAg74 said:

Phoenix1 said:

Aggie_Swag18 said:

No it's not. Because they are saying that everyone should be able to do whatever they want, including themselves. They are making the argument for every single person in this country, which by definition means it's not narcissism.
People who just don't give a damn about anyone but themselves justifying their actions by declaring that they are really all about everybody not giving a damn about anyone but themselves? So what you are saying is that they are advocating for anarchy, with no rules and no social responsibility.

Whether I get sick or not is my responsibility. I know how to stay safe. And I wear a mask and gloves when I go to the store not just to protect myself, but out of respect for the health of the workers in those stores who have to deal with the public all day, every day. All those people that have to work in grocery stores and meat packing plants don't have much of a choice but to put themselves out there and depend on others to act responsibly and minimize the risks by following the rules. But in today's self absorbed society, that is not likely to happen because.....FREEDOM! Somewhere along the line, flouting responsible social guidelines, like wearing a mask during a pandemic, became a political badge of honor. Simply doing the right thing is seen as surrender to "the other side".
Ag4coal
BostonAg74 said:

Champ Bailey said:

BostonAg74 said:

Champ Bailey said:

BostonAg74 said:

Phoenix1 said:

Aggie_Swag18 said:

People who just don't give a damn about anyone but themselves justifying their actions by declaring that they are really all about everybody not giving a damn about anyone but themselves? So what you are saying is that they are advocating for anarchy, with no rules and no social responsibility.

Whether I get sick or not is my responsibility. I know how to stay safe. And I wear a mask and gloves when I go to the store not just to protect myself, but out of respect for the health of the workers in those stores who have to deal with the public all day, every day. All those people that have to work in grocery stores and meat packing plants don't have much of a choice but to put themselves out there and depend on others to act responsibly and minimize the risks by following the rules. But in today's self absorbed society, that is not likely to happen because.....FREEDOM! Somewhere along the line, flouting responsible social guidelines, like wearing a mask during a pandemic, became a political badge of honor. Simply doing the right thing is seen as surrender to "the other side".

Maybe it should have been promoted as responsible and for the good of others instead of mandated by judges.

I get what your saying, but the reason people wear it as a "political badge of honor" is because it was illegally required. Never a great marketing strategy. I think more people would be willing to play ball if they appealed to their good will. Or private businesses required it for the safety of their employees. These are ways we effectively create change
TXAggie2011
AG
Aggies2009 said:

BostonAg74 said:

Phoenix1 said:

Aggie_Swag18 said:

In what universe is exercising unalienable rights narcissism instead of freedom

Throwing around words like "un"alienable rights in a discussion about attending a college football game is laughable.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
BostonAg74 said:

Champ Bailey said:

BostonAg74 said:

Champ Bailey said:

BostonAg74 said:

Phoenix1 said:

Aggie_Swag18 said:

We can't imprison idiots, as much as we might want to.
If you don't want to get sick, then stay inside. That's as far as the argument should go.
samhoustonag
BostonAg74 said:

Champ Bailey said:

BostonAg74 said:

Champ Bailey said:

BostonAg74 said:

Phoenix1 said:

Aggie_Swag18 said:

Unless your mask is N95, you are not protecting anyone. You are just fooling yourself. You are not acting responsibly, you are reacting gullibly.

The most valid analyses show the mortality rate of the virus is no worse than the flu. Do you wear mask and gloves every flu season?

Start using your own intelligence instead of swallowing whole the media driven hysteria. The media has an ulterior motive, and it is not anyone's health.

There are no exceptions in the Constitution for mass hysteria or pandemics.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Quote:

So what you are saying is that they are advocating for anarchy, with no rules and no social responsibility.
What does lack of government have to do with social responsibility? You think social responsibility flows from politicians?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.