Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Lincoln Riley opens his mouth about players returning.

22,743 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Sparkie
Punked Shank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Irish_Man said:

Whatever rojo says, you can count on something different happening.

And the governor just opened the state of Texas to All youth sports on May 31.

Even pro sports teams.

As sure as the sun is it to rise, another doom n gloomer defender is proven wrong. In less than a week at that.
rojo_ag
AG
coastsrs said:

Irish_Man said:

Whatever rojo says, you can count on something different happening.

And the governor just opened the state of Texas to All youth sports on May 31.

Even pro sports teams.

As sure as the sun is it to rise, another doom n gloomer defender is proven wrong. In less than a week at that.
coastsrs,

I guarantee you that I want to be wrong! I will drop in on this thread for a big ol serving of the blackbird, too.

Punked Shank
AG
Thanks.

It is no coincidence that the SEC is optimistic and planning for a return while citing student athlete health benefits training on campus including health monitoring.

Meanwhile the b12 Leaders are saying NO WAY ImPossibruuu. Bowlsby said yesterday that if they can't open by July 12 they will delay the season.

Loser mentality breeds losers when those are your leaders public comments. Hence my comments Lincoln will never win a championship for many other reasons but this is exhibit A. That's the comment I got flak.

B12 = every excuse not to open up
SEC = looking to lead to open up and do it properly.
Big10 = Ohio state announced players can be on campus 6/8

Furious
AG
All these "safety" measures aren't to prevent people from getting covid. They are there to prevent people from getting it *at the same time*

Most hosptials are way under capacity. Let people get back to it and continually reevaluate localized lockdowns as necessary based on hospital and vent space until herd immunity is reached.
rojo_ag
AG
I would like to say that I am elated that the SEC and its member universities will allow student athletes to return June 8th for voluntary workouts. Previously, I mentioned that I thought June 1st was unrealistic, and the 8th is much earlier than I thought would be allowed. I will eat my crow as I count the days until Aggie Football.
Punked Shank
AG
rojo_ag said:

I would like to say that I am elated that the SEC and its member universities will allow student athletes to return June 8th for voluntary workouts. Previously, I mentioned that I thought June 1st was unrealistic, and the 8th is much earlier than I thought would be allowed. I will eat my crow as I count the days until Aggie Football.

One step closer.

I am surprised the nhl is still discussing playoffs. I discounted them a month ago and they still have a chance to play this season out. That's surprising
Punked Shank
AG
Lincoln doubles down on idiocy and says July 1st is earliest and latest they'll have students on campus for voluntary workouts.

https://es.pn/2XAna3V

Talk about being a leader by doing absolutely nothing. I would be looking to transfer immediately.

B12 is looking to blame the corona for their lack of success on the field and they are going all in.
LEJ
Enough with the sissy la-la stuff. Get your asses back to livin and doin.
W
AG
the Big 12 may be angling (or scheming) to only play conference games.

in order to eliminate September matchups for its various teams vs. LSU, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Vandy, Florida State, Iowa, Maryland, Arizona, Cal, and Oregon State.

which would all but guaranteed a playoff spot to its champion
West Point Aggie
AG
W said:

in order to eliminate September matchups for its various teams vs. LSU, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Vandy, Florida State, Iowa, Maryland, Arizona, Cal, and Oregon State.

Are they gonna dust off the "one true champion" slogan again?
Let’s Go Brandon!
samhoustonag
TexAggie1999 said:

coastsrs said:

Love when people oust themselves as being weak minded beings. Riley will never win a national championship.

This type of thinking confirms he doesn't have the backbone to ever win.

OMG. He puts safety above football. That is unthinkable!

I think the country has over reacted to the virus, but Riley's statement isn't rediculous. Are students on campus for academics on June 1? If they aren't there for academics, why should they be there for football? I think you put a little too much importance on college football.
The virus is no worse than the flu - even the latest CDC info finally agrees.

So yes, his statement is ridiculous. He bought into the media driven hysteria.
Punked Shank
AG
The entire weak12 did. Hope al the players transfer to somewhere they can play football. Their leaders don't want to play
TxFig
AG
runontexas said:

TexAggie1999 said:

OMG. He puts safety above football. That is unthinkable!

I think the country has over reacted to the virus, but Riley's statement isn't rediculous. Are students on campus for academics on June 1? If they aren't there for academics, why should they be there for football? I think you put a little too much importance on college football.

The kids are in 1000 times more danger from actual FOOTBALL ACTIVITIES than they are from any disease.

You are putting too much importance on a fake disease.
--
Chris Barnes
Retired A&M IT geek - now beekeeper
http://www.cornerstonehoneybees.com/
Tejas Ag 10
AG
coastsrs said:

Love when people oust themselves as being weak minded beings. Riley will never win a national championship.

This type of thinking confirms he doesn't have the backbone to ever win.
Lol. How he responds to Corona Virus definitely has a direct correlation on whether or not he will ever win a championship.
Punked Shank
AG
It gives you an excellent idea of how he thinks and leads.

Also username checks out
EliteZags
AG
EliteZags
AG
EliteZags
AG
tell him every other major program has players returning June 1, but it's his call whether his own will and let's see if he feels the same way
LEJ
Someone post the ou wagon in the river gif .
greg.w.h
AG
West Point Aggie said:

W said:

Are they gonna dust off the "one true champion" slogan again?
Two true champions playing each other in a playoff where OU wins...
Double Diamond
Riley placing public safety over football is a breath of fresh air.
Ag4coal
Double Diamond said:

Serious question: who is he keeping safe? It's obviously not the players. They have a .00000001% chance of getting seriously sick, much less dying. Who is the beneficiary of this?
VatoLocoAggie
AG
Lincoln is a west Texas tortilla eating clown. He just be sabotaging the SEC because his teams can't beat us.

He's taking care of his best interest so that I can understand but I don't like it at our expense.

Bush league coach and beta male man
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
Double Diamond
Ag4coal said:

Double Diamond said:

Serious question: who is he keeping safe? It's obviously not the players. They have a .00000001% chance of getting seriously sick, much less dying. Who is the beneficiary of this?

Well 100 players coming into contact with people who it could be bad for. People seem to not understand how this virus works. Getting an older staffer sick. Going home to mom and dad and getting them sick. Getting an older coach sick.
Double Diamond
You really have an embarrassing mindset. Life is nothing but a conspiracy isn't it. All out to end the SEC.
West Point Aggie
AG
It is a great strategic move...he comes across as "look at me I care more" great recruiting fodder...in the end he will be coaching and getting ready just like every other program (unless he's a complete idiot and wants to give the rest of the ****ty little 10 a competitive advantage)
Let’s Go Brandon!
Double Diamond
Of course Riley will get in line to coach if that's the order. But man what a cynical bunch. A coach thinking about more than football.
samhoustonag
Double Diamond said:

Ag4coal said:

Double Diamond said:

Well 100 players coming into contact with people who it could be bad for. People seem to not understand how this virus works. Getting an older staffer sick. Going home to mom and dad and getting them sick. Getting an older coach sick.
Just like the flu. With about the same mortality rate.

Do do we stop football every flu season?
Double Diamond
The flu on a bad year that's 12 months kills 50k. This has killed 100k in a few months. No these are not the same. Glad you won't be allowed to make a decision on this.
Jbob04
AG
Double Diamond said:

The flu on a bad year that's 12 months kills 50k. This has killed 100k in a few months. No these are not the same. Glad you won't be allowed to make a decision on this.

Dude, please go find another site to spew your pathetic weak minded garbage on. Corona has been the biggest sham in the history of this country. If you are so scared, stay home. Healthy low risk people aren't staying locked up any longer. If you haven't noticed, corona isn't even on the news anymore now that the riots have started.
Ag4coal
Double Diamond said:

Go check on how many of those 100k came from nursing homes and get back to us...
samhoustonag
Double Diamond said:

The death count is overstated. Hospitals get more funding for each "covid death" and they have more leverage to get more resources. Reports are including "died with covid" (e.g., virus present in the body) with "died of covid" in their body counts. The former is not correct practice and is inflating the death count.

Colorado is a great example. Guy died of alcohol poisoning (some huge alcohol content in blood). Colorado had him included in covid death count just because the virus was present in his body, although it had NOTHING to do with his death. Such an uproar arose that Colorado went back and did a quick review. Reduced its stated death count by 25%! And there is no reason to believe that other states aren't doing the same. In fact other states have been caught doing the same.

Most people with the virus are asymptomatic. This is also causing the mortality rate to be exaggerated.

Please quit following the politically driven media mass hysteria and dig deeper.
Double Diamond
You do understand that that's how Illness death works. You don't actually die from cancer. Besides I will take healthcare workers word over yours. Riley is right to not place football ahead of life. Many of you need to re-examine your priorities. This isn't a conspiracy. Many of you are holding up the stereotype or sound like Alex Jones.
EliteZags
AG
so everyone in the world that dies that has consumed alcohol should be counted as an alcohol related death?
or any smokers that die for any reason should be counted as tobacco related death, should benefit certain agendas which is all were doing here anyways right?
EliteZags
AG
commercial plane crashes, 15 Covid deaths added to tally

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.