Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Lincoln Riley opens his mouth about players returning.

22,662 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Sparkie
Agsrback12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Want to see 500,000 flu deaths next year? Tag FEMA money to "confirmed" flu deaths.

Riley is soft as cookie dough.
annie88
AG
It doesn't look silly. The point of his post was that it's never been more than 16,000 and that's not true, yearly we lose 20 to 50,000 flu one year a few years ago we lost 80,000. Most people are under the false impression that because we have a flu vaccine that not many die but each year and look how awful covid is compared to that. That's simply not true.

There's absolutely nothing silly about it, it's facts.
Punked Shank
AG
annie88 said:

It doesn't look silly. The point of his post was that it's never been more than 16,000 and that's not true, yearly we lose 20 to 50,000 flu one year a few years ago we lost 80,000. Most people are under the false impression that because we have a flu vaccine that not many die but each year and look how awful covid is compared to that. That's simply not true.

Some people in this thread argue emotions over facts. Good luck
TXAggie2011
AG
annie88 said:

Its silly because you're still missing or ignoring the distinction between confirmed and estimated deaths.

He said there's never been more than 16,000 confirmed flu deaths. You responded with "no, they estimated X amount..."

I don't know if he's right or wrong about confirmed deaths, but posting estimates doesn't refute his point.
Punked Shank
AG
Punked Shank said:

Thanks.

It is no coincidence that the SEC is optimistic and planning for a return while citing student athlete health benefits training on campus including health monitoring.

Meanwhile the b12 Leaders are saying NO WAY ImPossibruuu. Bowlsby said yesterday that if they can't open by July 12 they will delay the season.

Loser mentality breeds losers when those are your leaders public comments. Hence my comments Lincoln will never win a championship for many other reasons but this is exhibit A. That's the comment I got flak.

B12 = every excuse not to open up
SEC = looking to lead to open up and do it properly.
Big10 = Ohio state announced players can be on campus 6/8

Lol nailed the loser mentality of the Lincoln Reilly and the B12 in general.

A lot of Lincoln jock sniffers defending him.

Dude is looking at potentially three straight losses.

B12 is more trash than ever and they should've stuck to their guns not playing this year and getting embarrassed. Lack of leadership in the beginning was quite the telltale sign the league would implode
Escobars army
zoneag said:

There are 274 deaths in Oklahoma and half of those were in nursing homes. Another 217 are currently hospitalized in the entire state. The vast majority of deaths and hospitalizations have been 65+ age group. Riley is a dumbass.

One of my coworkers in Tulsa id on life support avd probably won't make it. He's 44, in great shape and no undying conditions. You never know with this thing. You are a dumbass
Escobars army
Punked Shank said:

CasualObserver44 said:

Sq4fish83 said:

Double Diamond said:

The numbers are totally being under reported in Texas. Limiting testing helps in this. Texas has been really towards the bottom in testing.

Only three states have tested more than Texas.

But Texas is the second most populous state. Texas is 43rd in tests per capita, and is the least tested state on a per capita basis among the 5 most populous.

Per capita doesn't matter. It's still third most tests.

Just because Texas has more people doesn't mean the tests they take are any less meaningful.

I'm still waiting for the guy that said 36 wins and 6 losses is amazing when those include 1 good win and 35 against the deaf and blind BDF

Per capita doesn't matter in estimating how many people are truly infected? How else could you possibly report this or say a State has not underreported.
Sparkie
AG
TexAggie1999 said:

coastsrs said:

Love when people oust themselves as being weak minded beings. Riley will never win a national championship.

This type of thinking confirms he doesn't have the backbone to ever win.

OMG. He puts safety above football. That is unthinkable!

I think the country has over reacted to the virus, but Riley's statement isn't rediculous. Are students on campus for academics on June 1? If they aren't there for academics, why should they be there for football? I think you put a little too much importance on college football.

Its ou, there is no such thing as academics.

Now, if you sale cars it's another story...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.