Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Lincoln Riley opens his mouth about players returning.

22,695 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Sparkie
samhoustonag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Double Diamond said:

You do understand that that's how Illness death works. You don't actually die from cancer. Besides I will take healthcare workers word over yours. Riley is right to not place football ahead of life. Many of you need to re-examine your priorities. This isn't a conspiracy. Many of you are holding up the stereotype or sound like Alex Jones.
Do you understand "cause of death"? Apparently not. Alcohol poisoning is not a result of or due to the virus. And many other examples exist if you care to do a search.

The majority of the people with the virus are asymptomatic (see the Stanford study). Just because the virus was present in the body does not mean it had anything to do with the cause of death.
Double Diamond
That's just not true. The virus causes many other issues within the body. I've never seen 100k deaths in a few months from other viruses. And saying they are inflating numbers. Well plenty of places in the south under reporting.
Shiner92
This thread is interesting considering 5 Bama players & 3 OSU players now have COVID.
Ag4coal
Shiner92 said:

This thread is interesting considering 5 Bama players & 3 OSU players now have COVID.

How are they doing?
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
coastsrs said:

Love when people oust themselves as being weak minded beings. Riley will never win a national championship.

This type of thinking confirms he doesn't have the backbone to ever win.
His 36 wins and 6 losses say hello
Punked Shank
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

coastsrs said:

Love when people oust themselves as being weak minded beings. Riley will never win a national championship.

This type of thinking confirms he doesn't have the backbone to ever win.
His 36 wins and 6 losses say hello

Weird, how many national championships. 33 of those wins are against the B12 and UCLAs of the world. Good job with reading comprehension

Edit...35 wins were against the BDF and UCLAs. It's worst than I guessed.

1 win against an Ohio state in non conference. Zero bowl wins.

Thanks for playing
Punked Shank
AG
Shiner92 said:

Interesting how? Are they dead? How many other players have had it and never got it tested. Find those numbers. You won't because good news doesn't get clicks.
whoop91
AG
coastsrs said:

Shiner92 said:

Interesting how? Are they dead? How many other players have had it and never got it tested. Find those numbers. You won't because good news doesn't get clicks.
What would be more interesting would be how many other people they infected, whether football players or not and then how many of those people infected others and so on. Not getting sick from it does not mean you are not a great spreader to other people that may get sick that may not have otherwise gotten sick from it. There is a big difference between not ever getting sick and dying from this. The flu which, has a treatment, does not affect the body the same way this virus does. You may not die, but you may not be whole either.

And before you bash me as a person that is afraid and should stay home and let others out and live, I am for opening up in a reasonable fashion. I also don't follow the media and have no idea what they say as I get my data from the doctors and other sources close to the fight.
AgfromHOU
AG
Wow, I wish I could turn my nose up at 3 conference titles and 3 playoff appearances. Don't tell me you wouldn't be celebrating A&M had we had that success.
annie88
AG
zoneag said:

There are 274 deaths in Oklahoma and half of those were in nursing homes. Another 217 are currently hospitalized in the entire state. The vast majority of deaths and hospitalizations have been 65+ age group. Riley is a dumbass.
Remember he also said he wouldn't allow the horns down among his players. He's a wimpy lib.
annie88
AG
Double Diamond said:

That's just not true. The virus causes many other issues within the body. I've never seen 100k deaths in a few months from other viruses. And saying they are inflating numbers. Well plenty of places in the south under reporting.
Numbers have been very inflated and over reported, not underreported and we lose 50,000-60,000 a year to the flu. So as for saying you've never seen these kind of numbers, you actually have.
Double Diamond
The numbers are totally being under reported in Texas. Limiting testing helps in this. Texas has been really towards the bottom in testing.
Post removed:
by user
Punked Shank
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Cases don't matter. Really sick people who go to the hospital or die matter. Those numbers aren't increasing dramatically at all.

Careful or you're being a username checks out. If you're not cowering in fear for this non virus than you are something bad. Unfortunately if you question the media and it's line of thinking you want all kids and elders dead. Hopefully they can come to their own thinking at some point
Punked Shank
AG
Double Diamond said:

The numbers are totally being under reported in Texas. Limiting testing helps in this. Texas has been really towards the bottom in testing.

Can you prove these numbers? Testing has skyrocketed but deaths have not. Hell even "cases" have not been exponential...which I was was told I didn't understand math...didn't happen.

The criteria for what classifies as Covid deaths has been a moving target It favors your virus but still the economy and life has moved on...including civil right protest and riots alike.

Or are we still just spewing opinions?! Please cite your sources or I will for you.

Visit John Hopkins

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

It has been flattened in spite of the inflated numbers

Try again
Punked Shank
AG
AgfromHOU said:

Wow, I wish I could turn my nose up at 3 conference titles and 3 playoff appearances. Don't tell me you wouldn't be celebrating A&M had we had that success.

Jesus. Did you marry his sister!?

1 quality win out of 36. Versus 5 bad loses. With multiple heisman winners and runner up against bdf competition. Loser. We would run circles in that g5 conference and you know it.

Why are you guys defending this loser

Edit to add: the bdf conference title is not anything to claim. It's a joke. If you think the shortest midget contest is anything to claim than I refer you to the old rivals. Be smarter than you I hope you are
Sq4fish83
AG
Double Diamond said:

Only three states have tested more than Texas.

Sq4fish83
AG
Punked Shank
AG
Sq4fish83 said:

Double Diamond said:

Thank you for providing facts. The people on here rooting for the virus and Lincoln like to use opinion and feelings instead reality
CasualObserver44
AG
Sq4fish83 said:

Double Diamond said:

But Texas is the second most populous state. Texas is 43rd in tests per capita, and is the least tested state on a per capita basis among the 5 most populous.
CasualObserver44
AG
annie88 said:

Double Diamond said:

Numbers have been very inflated and over reported, not underreported and we lose 50,000-60,000 a year to the flu. So as for saying you've never seen these kind of numbers, you actually have.
This is patently false. Numbers have not been inflated, and you clearly don't know the first thing about what you're saying. The flu deaths that are commonly cited, including by you in your post, are actually just based on CDC Estimates, and then extrapolated way up to account for underreporting. The CDC has never exceeded 16,000 confirmed flu deaths in any year in recent memory. The reason they get even close to 60,000 is because the CDC plugs confirmed deaths into a statistical model that roughly quintuples them. Even then influenza and pneumonia deaths are lumped together under the general term of flu. In fact, you can take any random week as an example using this chart, and find that >90% of flu deaths are actually from pneumonia, but those numbers are all counted for the flu regardless. The counts for Coronavirus are exponentially more accurate by comparison.

You saying that we've seen these kinds of numbers before from the flu is also quite easily disproven. The current count for deaths from Coronavirus in the US is 108,211 as of me posting this. Even using the model-inflated flu numbers and not confirmed deaths like with Coronavirus, the most flu-related deaths we've seen in the past decade is 61,000. So it's really not even close. If you want even more information on just how much more deadly Coronavirus is compared to Influenza you can look at Table 1 here, which shows how Influenza deaths peak in early spring at around 600 per week compared to the 15,000+ deaths per week Coronavirus caused in April.
samhoustonag
CasualObserver44 said:

annie88 said:

Double Diamond said:

This is patently false. Numbers have not been inflated, and you clearly don't know the first thing about what you're saying. The flu deaths that are commonly cited, including by you in your post, are actually just based on CDC Estimates, and then extrapolated way up to account for underreporting. The CDC has never exceeded 16,000 confirmed flu deaths in any year in recent memory. The reason they get even close to 60,000 is because the CDC plugs confirmed deaths into a statistical model that roughly quintuples them. Even then influenza and pneumonia deaths are lumped together under the general term of flu. In fact, you can take any random week as an example using this chart, and find that >90% of flu deaths are actually from pneumonia, but those numbers are all counted for the flu regardless. The counts for Coronavirus are exponentially more accurate by comparison.

You saying that we've seen these kinds of numbers before from the flu is also quite easily disproven. The current count for deaths from Coronavirus in the US is 108,211 as of me posting this. Even using the model-inflated flu numbers and not confirmed deaths like with Coronavirus, the most flu-related deaths we've seen in the past decade is 61,000. So it's really not even close. If you want even more information on just how much more deadly Coronavirus is compared to Influenza you can look at Table 1 here, which shows how Influenza deaths peak in early spring at around 600 per week compared to the 15,000+ deaths per week Coronavirus caused in April.
So why did Colorado come back and lower their virus death count by 25% after they got caught assigning cause of death to the virus when the man died of alcohol poisoning? Are you saying the virus causes people to drink themselves to death?

Hospitals get money for each virus death. They get leverage for more resources. They are overreporting.

And the number of infections is being dramatically underreported, as shown by the Stanford study. The mortality rate for the virus is no higher than the flu.

Amazing how many snowflakes we have.
Punked Shank
AG
CasualObserver44 said:

Sq4fish83 said:

Double Diamond said:

But Texas is the second most populous state. Texas is 43rd in tests per capita, and is the least tested state on a per capita basis among the 5 most populous.

Per capita doesn't matter. It's still third most tests.

Just because Texas has more people doesn't mean the tests they take are any less meaningful.

I'm still waiting for the guy that said 36 wins and 6 losses is amazing when those include 1 good win and 35 against the deaf and blind BDF
annie88
AG
Double Diamond said:

No one is under reporting the numbers are what massively inflated.
annie88
AG
CasualObserver44 said:

annie88 said:

Double Diamond said:

Numbers have not been inflated

Yes, they have, many deaths that had nothing to do with Covid were considered Covid. If it were a more honest assessment it'll be somewhere between 50,000 and 80,000 at the most.

The CDC has never exceeded 16,000 confirmed flu deaths in any year in recent memory.

Bull*****

CDC: 80,000 people died of flu last winter in U.S., highest death toll in 40 years, Sept 2018.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/26/health/flu-deaths-2017--2018-cdc-bn/index.html

https://www.statnews.com/2018/09/26/cdc-us-flu-deaths-winter/

But yes average is between 20-50,000 a year, which I've stated numerous times on this forum. I mistyped in this thread.

10,000 died of flu in Texas that same year. As of today we've lost 1,812 Texans to Covid.

https://www.expressnews.com/news/local/article/Flu-killed-nearly-10-000-Texans-in-2017-2018-13028706.php

Punked Shank
AG
I'm still waiting for the losers that posted on here to have a healthy argument for their posts defending Lincoln.

But once you post facts and call out their feelings they disappeared.
Double Diamond
It's a sad state of things when a football coach is ripped for placing public health above a GAME football. An overrated game when you look at the big picture.
Punked Shank
AG
Double Diamond said:

It's a sad state of things when a football coach is ripped for placing public health above a GAME football. An overrated game when you look at the big picture.

An overrated flu when you look at the big picture. Really makes you think huh
Double Diamond
It's not though. And sad that a large section of this country thinks this.
Punked Shank
AG
Double Diamond said:

It's not though. And sad that a large section of this country thinks this.

Would you say it's the majority? I would say it's the majority.

How about you let that portion live life as it's intended and you can do you? I could really not care less if you do your life and let the rest of the world continue on.

If coaches want to keep their players "safe" whatever that means, then the players can listen or transfer to other programs where they will be playing football.

It's not a math equation at this point.

sincereag
Double Diamond said:

If you're so concerned with the health of football players then why not just stop playing football altogether. The lasting consequences of concussions and other injuries is much worse than the risk of a virus to a 20 year old.
Double Diamond
Because you can't just live your life without exposing people. I wish it worked this way. The numbers are going to continue climbing as we never really stopped this. I think a total shutdown could've ended it. And we would be better off. We all want football. Outside of money it's just not that important.
Double Diamond
I think there will be a day with no football. It's totally not safe. And I think youth football numbers are going to decline.
Punked Shank
AG
Luckily we have stronger leaders and you are not in a position to lead us with your thinking. Enjoy life. It's not around for long.

whoop91
AG
annie88 said:

CasualObserver44 said:

annie88 said:

Double Diamond said:

Numbers have not been inflated

Yes, they have, many deaths that had nothing to do with Covid were considered Covid. If it were a more honest assessment it'll be somewhere between 50,000 and 80,000 at the most.

The CDC has never exceeded 16,000 confirmed flu deaths in any year in recent memory.

Bull*****

CDC: 80,000 people died of flu last winter in U.S., highest death toll in 40 years, Sept 2018.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/26/health/flu-deaths-2017--2018-cdc-bn/index.html

https://www.statnews.com/2018/09/26/cdc-us-flu-deaths-winter/

But yes average is between 20-50,000 a year, which I've stated numerous times on this forum. I mistyped in this thread.

10,000 died of flu in Texas that same year. As of today we've lost 1,812 Texans to Covid.

https://www.expressnews.com/news/local/article/Flu-killed-nearly-10-000-Texans-in-2017-2018-13028706.php

i am not saying you are wrong but it looks silly to call bull on someone when they are arguing for confirmed deaths and you post two links to articles as proof against this where the first sentence in both articles are:
"An estimated 80,000 Americans died..."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.