Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

projected SEC Win Totals per ESPN

6,665 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by psybj
Sq 17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Azariah said:

Sq 17 said:

'21 schedule almost as soft as '20 have to find a way to win 11 regular seaaon games in one of the next 2 years

I am ever the optimist, so I believe in progress. A win against Auburn and a serious challenger to a horribly depleted LSU on our home field. Possibility of 11 wins this year. Playoff berth!
insert jim mora "PLAYOFFS" I want an 11-1 regular season , if things fall our way and that gets us a cfb spot great if not Any NY6 bowl would be a nice change.
Madmarttigan
AG
Sounds about right with Mond leading.
Azariah
AG
beerad12man said:

Azariah said:

We have to start 10-0 or there's no progress from last year. 8.9 seems low to me. I think it should be 9.5. Obviously, we aren't expected to challenge LSU or Bama yet, but giving us no shot against Auburn and expecting 10% of a loss to someone else on our schedule is just disrespectful.
It isn't so black and white. Lets watch the games play out before making comments like this. We got b**** slapped by Auburn at home. Yeah, yeah I know we only lost by 8. But we were down 3 scores the majority of the game on our own field and didn't look like we belonged for 3 quarters. If we go to Auburn and play toe to toe with them on their own field but lose a close, competitive ball game, we can still be a better team despite having lost to them. Add in losing to bama on the road by 3-7 points in another close competitive game, and then LSU at home by 3-7, you can still lose to all the same teams and make progress. I'm not saying it won't be disappointing, but it's as if some of you forget how far we were truly away in some of our losses last year.

I would just watch how the games and seasons plays out instead of making blanket statements. You'll know whether or not we made progress and became a better team in 2020 than 2019 one way or another.
Yeah, not so much. We lost five games last year, the four big ones and Auburn. We replace the two non-SEC West big ones with a team that barely has a quarterback and a team that barely has a coach, those are Ws or GTFO. The other two big ones are games 11 and 12 of the season. That leaves Auburn. As the weakest team we lost to last year, we either beat them or we've made no progress in the win/loss column.
Azariah
AG
Sq 17 said:

Azariah said:

Sq 17 said:

'21 schedule almost as soft as '20 have to find a way to win 11 regular seaaon games in one of the next 2 years

I am ever the optimist, so I believe in progress. A win against Auburn and a serious challenger to a horribly depleted LSU on our home field. Possibility of 11 wins this year. Playoff berth!
insert jim mora "PLAYOFFS" I want an 11-1 regular season , if things fall our way and that gets us a cfb spot great if not Any NY6 bowl would be a nice change.
That's more an expectation of a certain record than anything else. An 11-1 SEC West team makes the playoffs.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
"Waiting on Jimbo to sign and develop the big winner.."

That player has already been signed, now it's just up to development and PT, 2 years away including 2020 season whenever that is played.

As for our prospects for the 2020 (or spring 2021) season, if the OL improves 10-2+ is possible, if the OL does not improve then 9-3 is our ceiling.
sharpdressedman
fat girlfriend said:

Aggie_2463 said:

If we can't win 10 games this year, It may be a while before we can.
Like next year.
Haha. Of course.
The Lost
Azariah said:

Sq 17 said:

Azariah said:

Sq 17 said:

That's more an expectation of a certain record than anything else. An 11-1 SEC West team makes the playoffs.

It definitely does not without winning the division until it's an 8 team playoff. Then it does.
Sq 17
11-1 in 2020 does not get the ags into a 4 team playoff unless we win the SEC West, our best ooc win will be Colorado or possibly Fresno state, our wins from the SEC east would be Vandy & USCe.
psybj
Sq 17 said:

11-1 in 2020 does not get the ags into a 4 team playoff unless we win the SEC West, our best ooc win will be Colorado or possibly Fresno state, our wins from the SEC east would be Vandy & USCe.
meanwhile Clem gets an 11 game bye into The Playoffs, only ND this year has a pulse. Last season Ags were the strongest team they played. LSU found them not as good as sips, bama, UF.

Clem wakes up on 3rd base every year and believes they hit a triple.
psybj
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.