Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

projected SEC Win Totals per ESPN

6,659 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by psybj
psybj
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Alabama 10.9
Georgia 10.2
Florida 9.7
LSU 9.6
Auburn 9.1
Texas A&M 8.9
Kentucky 7.0
Tennessee 6.3
Ole Miss 6.1
Missouri 6.0
South Carolina 5.8
Arkansas 5.0
Mississippi State 4.6
Vanderbilt 3.2
psybj
vette
AG
Looks about right... loss to Alabama, LSU, and another surprise (likely Auburn) SEC West team.
Aggie_2463
AG
If we can't win 10 games this year, It may be a while before we can.
fat girlfriend
Aggie_2463 said:

Like next year.
czar_iv
AG
We should win 10 games this year on defense alone. The defense should be the best defense we've had since the 90's. If CBs take another step forward, there is no reason that we won't be in every game.
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
Azariah
AG
We have to start 10-0 or there's no progress from last year. 8.9 seems low to me. I think it should be 9.5. Obviously, we aren't expected to challenge LSU or Bama yet, but giving us no shot against Auburn and expecting 10% of a loss to someone else on our schedule is just disrespectful.
Sq 17
'21 schedule almost as soft as '20 have to find a way to win 11 regular seaaon games in one of the next 2 years
Azariah
AG
Sq 17 said:

'21 schedule almost as soft as '20 have to find a way to win 11 regular seaaon games in one of the next 2 years

I am ever the optimist, so I believe in progress. A win against Auburn and a serious challenger to a horribly depleted LSU on our home field. Possibility of 11 wins this year. Playoff berth!
Sq 17
i hope for progress, have to go 4-0 in ooc and find away to go 7-1 in SEC play. either '20 or '21 has to be the year
The Lost
Azariah said:

Sq 17 said:

I am ever the optimist, so I believe in progress. A win against Auburn and a serious challenger to a horribly depleted LSU on our home field. Possibility of 11 wins this year. Playoff berth!

Not making the playoff without winning the division/conference. We aren't Bama and non con is ***** Big 12 isn't tough enough for champ to lose 2, plus big 10/Clemson = no playoff.
VatoLocoAggie
AG
Call me a Homer Ag but I don't see how we don't win at least 10 games.

We return arguably the best QB in conference and nation. We have a soft or favorable schedule in comparison to years past. LSU even with its depth is decimated with losing a ton of this year's starters. Bama seems vulnerable and out of sync. We get the swamp kittens at Kyle. Our starters have another year under mastermind Jimbo.

I see us losing one or none before playoffs. I believe in this team.
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
West Point Aggie
AG
10 should be the floor...that's what we hired JF for...
#Mke
AG
VatoLocoAggie said:

We return arguably the best QB in conference and nation. We have a soft or favorable schedule in comparison to years past. LSU even with its depth is decimated with losing a ton of this year's starters. Bama seems vulnerable and out of sync. We get the swamp kittens at Kyle. Our starters have another year under mastermind Jimbo.

Knowing A&M, we'll probably lose all 3 big games this season (@ Auburn, vs Alabama, vs LSU) and then a surprise game (likely a Mississippi). Should we? No. Will we? Probably. I would predict 8-4.

In reality this team should settle for no worse than 10-3. A&M just disappoints more than it surprises me.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
VatoLocoAggie said:

Yeah... you're a homer
Azariah
AG
The Lost said:

Azariah said:

Sq 17 said:

Not making the playoff without winning the division/conference. We aren't Bama and non con is ***** Big 12 isn't tough enough for champ to lose 2, plus big 10/Clemson = no playoff.

11-1 in the SEC West with our only loss to number 1 Alabama puts us in the driver's seat for the 4-seed.
Azariah
AG
#Mke said:

VatoLocoAggie said:

Knowing A&M, we'll probably lose all 3 big games this season (@ Auburn, vs Alabama, vs LSU) and then a surprise game (likely a Mississippi). Should we? No. Will we? Probably. I would predict 8-4.

In reality this team should settle for no worse than 10-3. A&M just disappoints more than it surprises me.
As an optimist myself, this is a genuine question. Does it just suck to be you? You sound like you have no hope and college football is all misery to you. Do you really enjoy this?
#Mke
AG
Azariah said:

#Mke said:

VatoLocoAggie said:

As an optimist myself, this is a genuine question. Does it just suck to be you? You sound like you have no hope and college football is all misery to you. Do you really enjoy this?
Haha actually I'm usually pretty optimistic heading into each season, and my team [our team] usually ends up disappointing me. So no, it doesn't suck to be me anymore than it sucks to be you since we pull for the same team!

I will normally expect 9 or 10 wins and we usually end up with 7 or 8. This is the first season I've gone into expecting to be disappointed, solely because our schedule sets up so well for us to win 10 games. We should go 10-3 or better, but knowing A&M's history, will that happen? Probably not. Hence my 8-4 prediction. I do have mild BAS (for good reason), but I still love college football, and I would say I'm a relatively happy person because I keep things in perspective. Jesus helps with that, so definitely not miserable!
12thmanfootball
AG
Keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed.
Harry Dunne
fat girlfriend said:

Aggie_2463 said:

Like next year.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Vato is a sip troll.
Ugly
AG
12thmanfootball said:

Keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed.
Optimists are almost always disappointed and pessimists are almost always pleasantly surprised.
halfastros81
AG
How does that work? Do we win 90% of one game and lose 10% of it or what?

I'd bet the farm none of those predictions are right. Edit: Arkansas, Missouri, Kentucky could possibly be right.

Auburn lost a buttload of seniors. JMO, they won't win 9 games and we will win 9 or 10. Also , LSU will be a shell of last yr... granted last yrs LSU team was a candidate at GOAT... so they could still be a double digit W team.
rsf0626
Never going to have a better chance to get over 10 wins. great incoming recruiting class, Soft(er) schedule, senior qb, team loaded with returning starters. It sets up perfectly
rsf0626
beerad12man
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

The schedules sets up nice and we have a lot of SRs. For that reason, I think we can win 10 games. I'm not making excuses, but lets not forget.......

13 and 17. Those are still the class rankings of our upperclassmen. Two years from now, those numbers will be 4 and 6. So even if we can't win 10 this year doesn't mean we are doomed for long. This will not be anywhere close to Fisher's most talented team here.
beerad12man
AG
Azariah said:

We have to start 10-0 or there's no progress from last year. 8.9 seems low to me. I think it should be 9.5. Obviously, we aren't expected to challenge LSU or Bama yet, but giving us no shot against Auburn and expecting 10% of a loss to someone else on our schedule is just disrespectful.
It isn't so black and white. Lets watch the games play out before making comments like this. We got b**** slapped by Auburn at home. Yeah, yeah I know we only lost by 8. But we were down 3 scores the majority of the game on our own field and didn't look like we belonged for 3 quarters. If we go to Auburn and play toe to toe with them on their own field but lose a close, competitive ball game, we can still be a better team despite having lost to them. Add in losing to bama on the road by 3-7 points in another close competitive game, and then LSU at home by 3-7, you can still lose to all the same teams and make progress. I'm not saying it won't be disappointing, but it's as if some of you forget how far we were truly away in some of our losses last year.

I would just watch how the games and seasons plays out instead of making blanket statements. You'll know whether or not we made progress and became a better team in 2020 than 2019 one way or another.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
My God, if we finish 4th in the West again...

OldShadeOfBlue
AG
czar_iv said:

We should win 10 games this year on defense alone. The defense should be the best defense we've had since the 90's. If CBs take another step forward, there is no reason that we won't be in every game.
Yeah, I think we should be about where Auburn was overall last year with a better offense and a comparable defense. Hopefully with LSU struggling a bit with personnel changes and Alabama playing younger guys the West will be less of a challenge than last time.
AggieOO
VatoLocoAggie said:

bwhahahahahaha. Even people who love mond are laughing at that.
psybj
The last 5 Ag recruiting classes were ranked (per Rivals) 17, 10, 16, 6, 6.

Note the recent Jimbo effect.

Ags replace 17th class with 6th class, certainly an improvement but not quite yet up to level of the biggest fish.
Expect the numbers to continue their downward trend.

Jimbo gonna build a monster but just being a monster guarantees nothing in the valley of monsters.

competition:

bama was 1, 1, 7, 2, 3, thus replaces 1st with 3rd. That drop to 7th was a problem for them, Nick didn't handle the new Dec early signing date well. Can't outrecruit them, gotta recruit like them then outplay them.

AU was 8, 14, 12, 12, 10, thus replaces 8th with 10th. They hang just behind the best.

LSU was 5, 8, 14, 3, 4, thus replaces 5th with 4th. That 14 was low because 2 transfers don't count; they were the top FG kicker in NCAA History and a QB named Burrow. They ain't going away,
psybj
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
AggieOO said:

VatoLocoAggie said:

Edit: didn't see "nation" at first.

Yeah, I think you could argue for the conference right now, but I wouldn't feel confident saying he's the best in the nation based on what we've seen over three years.
psybj
OldShadeOfBlue said:

AggieOO said:

VatoLocoAggie said:

Edit: didn't see "nation" at first.

Yeah, I think you could argue for the conference right now, but I wouldn't feel confident saying he's the best in the nation based on what we've seen over three years.
No way Mond will be top in SEC. He has the arm, legs, maybe the brain and Years under Jimbo, but has had many chances and just don't put it together. See him as middle tier, some others will pass him by.

Waiting on Jimbo to sign and develop the big winner, Mond might win 10 or 11 but it won't be because he is best in SEC.
psybj
ColtAg21

Looks about right... loss to Alabama, LSU, and another surprise (likely Auburn) SEC West team.

What I was thinking...
mustang1234
Baton Rouge Swamp Rat got gutted this year on starters, coaches and even at home. lots
of vacancies to fill this year.
njohn87
AG
OP I'm thinking we're more likely than not looking at zero for all of them
psybj
mustang1234 said:

Baton Rouge Swamp Rat got gutted this year on starters, coaches and even at home. lots
of vacancies to fill this year.
LSU had 20 players move on -- SRs and JRs leaving early. 8 starters on Off, 6 on Def.

14 were drafted, 6 more signed contracts. Some back-ups got drafted.

3 coaching changes, no problems there tho, 3 excellent replacements.
>> Linehan (PGC) was brought in to expand on current O.
>> D players are already in love w/ DC Pelini, a proven commodity.
>> Faulk turned down RB C job w/ NE Pats for LSU, lost a good 1 to Ags but picked up a good one.

Due to many many D injuries during '19 season, many more got starts and are thus more ready than usual.

LSU lost arguably as much as any team ever has but is expected to finish Top Ten which is not overly optimistic.
psybj
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.