Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

CFB Risk is back!

34,016 Views | 191 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ogre09
Goose06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There is a better vetting process on discord to keep spies out. We are less open about strategy on the Reddit than in discord.
Pylon Cam
AG
You've been added
Ogre09
AG
We've made good progress claimin TX and the surrounding areas. But we're up against a Big 10 alliance that includes the top 2 teams in player count: UM and OSU.

Join the Aggie army!

exitone
AG
Thought I would do my part to keep this at the top of the list.

I joined the group 10 days ago and have been having fun tracking things. It's low commitment... it will only take 1 minute of your day and its a good way to have fun and rep A&M.

Join up, have fun, and watch the map turn Maroon!
exitone
AG
Ogre09 said:

I hadn't looked at the player counts in a while.

Geesh, is Michigan paying their players?
We have less than Ohio State, but are obviously s.m.r.a.t.e.r.
TxAg70_TxAg70
AG
Michigan and Ohio State are machines when it comes to recruiting.

But I think I know what'll work as a counter to wake up the 12th man. We hit 800 players last game so.... I think it's very doable to more than top that. We are sitting at about 360 players right now.

If we hit 500 players within the next week, I'll let my roommate give me a mohawk haircut.

If we hit 1500 players by the end of the game, I'll return to College Station and walk across Bottlecap Alley....barefoot.

Let's do this, y'all. Full on press. We've got three region bonuses so every man we recruit today is worth way more than usual.

Here's a picture of the map around us. If you're new, just defend a territory today and request access to r/AggieCFBRisk or our discord (http://tx.ag/AggieDiscord) and we'll get you linked in for moves/squads/platoons/strategies.

If you are new and you've only found this game recently, here's how to play in short order:

Step 1. Go to collegefootballrisk.com
Step 2. Link your reddit account (or create one -- it's a 30 second process and doing so allows you more time to enjoy the access to the great memes on r/CollegeFootballRisk)
Step 3. Defend any maroon territory you'd like today by clicking on it and clicking "Defend."
Step 4. (Optional) Ask for access to r/AggieCFBRisk or come to the A&M Discord (http://tx.ag/AggieDiscord) if you want to be part of the Army strategy or lead some of your fellow Ags in arms
Step 5. (Optional) Hang out, make memes, and get ready for the next turn to take place at 9:30 CST tonight!!!
Step 6. (Optional) If you want to learn more about the finer details of playing and how to help lead beyond just clicking a button, some cool guy wrote a nice guide with links to specific sections here: College Football Risk

Meme of the day:

CFB in a Nutshell : CollegeFootballRisk (reddit.com)

Cheers from an Old Battleaxe,

TxAg70 (BeerBatteredAg), Fightin' Texas Aggie College Football Risk lead, retired
TxAg70_TxAg70
AG

Pictured: A screenshot of the relevant section of the map (Canada is entirely owned by Wisconsin and Michigan and we don't border it anyway) with the three regions we control: Republic of Texas, Mississippi River, and Flint Hills.

TxAg70_TxAg70
AG
If anyone here would be interested in daily recaps/what to do, star this post and I'll start making them!

Anything to help boost interest.
jbeaman88
AG
Look at all that beautiful maroon all joined together with no need to defend any of the territories within the borders of Texas!
Ogre09
AG
We had a good roll last night. But we're still way behind UM in player count. We need to grow our Aggie army if we want to be competitive in the coming showdown.
TxAg70_TxAg70
AG
Absolutely. That player differential is already pretty massive and our region bonuses will only do so much to compensate for that. Getting more Aggies onboard is the key.
BBYD09
AG
Everyone get in here!
Ogre09
AG
We lost one region bonus tonight with Nebraska taking Lawrence, KS from us. No other significant changes in territories for our Ags tonight. We held Texas and our LA/AR region, so we're leading in region count.

Our player count for Aggie Army was up 5% from 351 to 371. Michigan still has over double our olayer count at 778.

We need more Ags to sign up and play. It only takes a couple minutes a day to submit your move.

Ogre09
AG
Also if you're already playing, try to submit a move evey day. Total play count and active streak are the quickest way to increase your star power and fighting effectiveness.
TxAg70_TxAg70
AG
**Fightin' Texas Aggie SITREP, Day 14**

Howdy ARMY!!!

Today is Sunday, so there's no roll tonight. The Developers of the game (and all the leads too) need a break! But we'll be back tomorrow, so be sure to check in with r/AggieCFBRisk and/or the Texas A&M discord (link is up above in a previous message of mine) to coordinate.

The posts above this one show the state of the map and the player numbers.

Here's where we find ourselves: We're not tip-top yet, but we are punching above our weight for sure. This is thanks to several factors which I'll attempt to break down for y'all here.

1. Our leadership this year has done a simply BRILLIANT job with diplomacy so far. We're still not actually openly at war with anyone, and the Texas A&M diplomatic policy has been so far to talk to all who wish to speak to us, but also make moves very deliberately and very slowly on the diplomatic front. Why has this worked?

2. Unlike other teams in this game, the FIGHTIN' TEXAS AGGIE College Football Risk army has discipline. What does this mean? Well, diplomacy works only so far as other teams can trust you to keep promises you make. Because we have 90+% of our players listen to their squad leaders (and this is why the subreddit and discord matter!), we can be a lot more precise with how we spread our players out and optimize our power.

3. Team size. We're not the biggest or second biggest, but we're holding steady at above 350 players now. That's not bad.... but I know we have more in us. I WILL RESTATE IT HERE: 500 players by the end of the week, 2/10/2023, AND I WILL LET MY ROOMMATE GIVE ME A MOHAWK HAIRCUT. We have had increases of 50-100 players in one night in the past, and EVERY. SINGLE. PLAYER. Matters right now. Why?

4. Region bonuses. The map shows we have two of them right now, and had it not been for a subpar day with RNG (it happens to every team, what matters is how we respond) in Lawrence, we'd have a third. As such, this means that every player is worth DOUBLE what they'd normally be in terms of power. So recruiting now while the iron is hot in our favor is going to be key for us to keep pace with the other big guns in this game.

-------------------

Other happenings in the game: It has been made aware to A&M leadership that the previous "B1G" alliance consisting of Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn State (RIP), and Nebraska has dissolved. A&M strategic leadership continues to monitor the situation closely, and we've learned that Wisconsin is none too pleased with the Wolverines -- war between the two powerful teams looks imminent. As such, we do not expect a second Badger push southward at this time, which means we can look to secure our positions and continue to fortify for whoever does wish to do us harm.

Currently, we remain relatively friendly with Alabama and Tennessee, as it was necessary to work with them to secure our region in Arkansas and Louisiana. IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED NOT TO ATTACK THE CRIMSON TIDE OR VOLUNTEER OWNED TERRITORIES. Your power is best utilized elsewhere.

Edit: One other thing... do not piss off Stanford. They are... really, really smart people. They may seem like a small team but they punch well above their weight as well.

-------------------

So, where to go from here?? Well, if we can recruit and grow just to 500 players, with our current strategic and region bonus advantages, we could become truly unstoppable. But that requires the 12th man to step up, as it has time and again. For information on how, refer to my post above. If you have further questions, just hit that reply button and fire away. WHO WILL JOIN ME??

Thanks and Gig 'em,
TxAg70
Goose06
AG
I suggest the Texags battalion tries to get Michigan and OU out of Mexico. So your options:

1. Attack Jalisco
2. Attack Mexico
3. Defend Zacatecas
4. Defend Chihuahua
5. Defend Sinaloa
Rule Number 32
AG
How do I get access to either of the forums? Joined both but I can't see anything. I sent a message to the mod of Reddit and he said he added me but I still can't access anything
Ogre09
AG
What's your Reddit name?

And if you haven't made a move yet, defend Tulsa, OK.
Goose06
AG
Or attack Lawrence
Ogre09
AG
We're 1/4 of the way through the game and Ags broke 400 today in player count. But Michigan is over 900 now and is threatening us on two sides.

Join the Aggie Risk Army today. And if you've already joined, invite someone you know to play too.

Ogre09
AG
Don't forget to get your moves in before 9:30
Goose06
AG
Attack OU or Michigan if you are wondering what to do.
Ogre09
AG
Great night for the Aggie Army! We recaptured Missouri to get the Flint Hills regional bonus. We drove Michigan out of Mexico and recaptured some territories from OU. And we took northern NM from the sips. But some Bama rogues stole New Orleans from us, leaving us with 2 total regions (should have been 3).

We held steady with 408 players, but Michigan is still well over 900.

Join the Aggie Army!

JackBurton
AG
I'm inordinately proud of our moves tonight….F***** YEAH
Azariah
AG
Holy cow, that roll was ugly for everyone not clad in maroon.
TxAg70_TxAg70
AG
**Fightin' Texas Aggie SITREP, Day 18**

Howdy ARMY!!! Welcome to the top.

The posts above this one show the state of the map and the player numbers.

How about that?! We've taken the lead in total territories, and what's more, we ain't finished yet! Let's get into the details, but first....

----

How to play, in case you've just come across this thread post today.

If we hit 500 players by tomorrow night's roll, I'll let my roommate give me a mohawk haircut. We currently stand at 408, plus about 40 mercenaries -- we're not far from it!

Here's a picture of the map around us. If you're new, just defend a territory today and request access to r/AggieCFBRisk or our discord (http://tx.ag/AggieDiscord) and we'll get you linked in for moves/squads/platoons/strategies.

If you are new and you've only found this game recently, here's how to play in short order:

Step 1. Go to collegefootballrisk.com
Step 2. Link your reddit account (or create one -- it's a 30 second process and doing so allows you more time to enjoy the access to the great memes on r/CollegeFootballRisk)
Step 3. Defend any maroon territory you'd like today by clicking on it and clicking "Defend."
Step 4. (Optional) Ask for access to r/AggieCFBRisk or come to the A&M Discord (http://tx.ag/AggieDiscord) if you want to be part of the Army strategy or lead some of your fellow Ags in arms
Step 5. (Optional) Hang out, make memes, and get ready for the next turn to take place at 9:30 CST tonight!!!
Step 6. (Optional) If you want to learn more about the finer details of playing and how to help lead beyond just clicking a button, some cool guy wrote a nice guide with links to specific sections here: College Football Risk

-----

And now for the recap.

1. Our leadership this year has continued superb diplomatic movement in the previous turns to give us the best chance possible to expand, consolidate, and defend. How have they been able to do this?

2. Unlike other teams in this game, the FIGHTIN' TEXAS AGGIE College Football Risk army has discipline. What does this mean? Well, diplomacy works only so far as other teams can trust you to keep promises you make. Because we have 90+% of our players listen to their squad leaders (and this is why the subreddit and discord matter!), we can be a lot more precise with how we spread our players out and optimize our power.

3. A gigantic swath of the south of the map is now that lovely shade of Aggie Maroon. However, if we want to expand further, the question becomes tricky. It's probably best not to aim to kill too many teams, as if we do this, those teams may well choose to enter the transfer portal and play as mercenaries against us.

4. So what are we to do? We've got near 50 territories. That means by default, it's a LOT of defense we are going to have to play. We're a frontrunner now. People are going to target us more because a #1 ranked A&M team in any sport isn't something that comes often, and as such the normal #1s may find our place here quite hard to stomach. I know defense isn't as interesting as attacking other teams, but perhaps it's time to take inspiration from THE WRECKING CREW to show would-be attackers who's boss.

5. RNG has blessed us the past few turns. We're playing very well and punching above our weight right now, and the region bonuses we have are key to that. We have three right now, and may well be able to lock down a fourth if we can retake Springfield, MO.

-------------------

Other happenings in the game: As was previously speculated, Wisconsin has begun fighting with Michigan. This poses an interesting quandary for us. It's clear that Wisconsin's choice has hurt them on a strategic level, but it's strongly benefitted us in the sense that Michigan has to spread their (admittedly far larger) player base on a lot more territories with far more teams looking to fight them. This is a triumph of A&M diplomacy. We've managed to not pick a massive fight with either Michigan, Wisconsin, or Ohio State overtly, while playing nice with the Vols and Crimson Tide to shore up flanks in the southeast. Conflicts with the teams we are fighting remain on the periphery of our territories, which is the ideal strategic situation to find oneself in. It would take any other team 4 turns minimum to reach College Station.

Michigan is by far and away the strongest team by player count, but it appears they have had diplomatic issues this year centered around their large army not being quite as organized as other teams, and Wolverine players attacking allies, either unaware of or in defiance of the UM leads' orders. It is currently estimated that perhaps up to 40% of the Wolverine Horde is currently "rogue". This means if we continue to play a stout defense, we should be able to parry any UM attacks that come our way because we are more organized. And it is the proof in the pudding that being an organized Army as is befitting A&M is a great advantage to the team. Thank you all for listening to and following move orders when you get them.

Ohio State is steadily creeping up the rankings. While their position is currently mostly away from us, it is going to be wise to keep an eye on the Caribbean and make sure the Buckeyes don't sneak through into Mexico. Make no mistake: Ohio State and Michigan are, like any of the biggest teams, in it to win it. They are worthy competitors and strong warriors. And we're now the #1 team on the boards, so it may well be we see more campaigns onto maroon soil.

Georgia Tech has made some headway into achieving their publicly stated goal: to control the GA/FL region. They appear to have the Gators on the ropes, but the VOID beckons... Team Chaos can strike any team at any time. Eventually, it'll strike us too, and we ought to remain diligent against it. Defense is the key now.

Again, we remain relatively friendly with Alabama and Tennessee, as it was necessary to work with them to secure our region in Arkansas and Louisiana. IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED NOT TO ATTACK THE CRIMSON TIDE OR VOLUNTEER OWNED TERRITORIES. Your power is best utilized elsewhere.

Sadly, Stanford has been eliminated on extremely low odds. RIP Meme Trees, you will be missed.

Meme of the day: Big Iron but it's College Football Risk, turn 17 : CollegeFootballRisk (reddit.com) (For those of you that played in the previous season of College Football Risk, you probably recall the legendary trench wars fought over land in the state of Arizona. Yesterday, we had a minor reprise of that on the map.

-------------------

Again... where to go from here?? Well, if we can recruit and grow just to 500 players, with our current strategic and region bonus advantages, we could become truly unstoppable. But that requires the 12th man to step up, as it has time and again. For information on how, refer to my post above. If you have further questions, just hit that reply button and fire away. WHO WILL JOIN ME??

Thanks and Gig 'em,
TxAg70
Ogre09
AG
We're maintaining our first place position through strategy and discipline. We're close to seizing 5 full regions, which would give us an unstoppable bonus.

If you're not already playing, come join us:

If you're already signed up, make sure you make a move every day (Sundays off) to build your playing strength through star bonuses.
Drum5343
AG
I'm in. But I don't understand.
Ogre09
AG
What part do you need help with? Were you able to sign in and submit a move?
Drum5343
AG
Got a move made. Played some defense.
jbeaman88
AG
Drum5343 said:

Got a move made. Played some defense.
Defense is always a good move if in doubt. Did you request to be assigned to a squad? That's the best way for leadership to coordinated all the team players for most effective strategy.
Goose06
AG
Drum5343 said:

Fire away with questions
Drum5343
AG
Goose06 said:

Drum5343 said:

Fire away with questions

How do I get in the discord server? Above link doesn't work.
Goose06
AG
Does this link work?

http://tx.ag/AggieDiscord
Drum5343
AG
Goose06 said:

Does this link work?

http://tx.ag/AggieDiscord

That worked

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.