Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

CFB Risk is back!

34,007 Views | 191 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ogre09
Iced-T14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So we're looking at a HEAVY maroon presence now! We have 5 territories currently under control and have taken the #1 overall spot. However, this also means that we are a pretty damn big target, and the main competition (Michigan and Ohio State) border us on quite a few territories.

We need help to keep this lead throughout the end. IF you join now, due to the regional bonuses, you immediately have the power of a seasoned player.

Playing takes less than a minute each day and can help secure a Texas A&M Risk Championship

Goose06
AG
Just so everyone knows, Ohio state has not attacked us and we shouldn't provoke them. Attacking michigan is definitely ok. Not much texas or OU can do about it if we attack them so I guess feel free if you feel like attacking them.
Ogre09
AG
Sooners are dead

Sips are next
Goose06
AG
Yep, I think its open season on the sips now, lets go!
redfish24
AG
Just joined and attacked Boulder. Because, lots of reasons. Hope I didn't mess anything up for you veterans.
Goose06
AG
While the board looks very favorable for us right now, things are about to get tough. GT and OSU are at war meaning Michigan can devote more resources to attacking us again. Michigan has more star power than us despite us having 4 regions to their 1. We need more people, recruit your friends!

If you aren't sure what move to make today, attack Michigan. Champaign, Iowa City or Yukon would all be good places to attack.
Goose06
AG
As I mentioned, the board position won't be staying so favorable. We had a very unlucky roll yesterday as we got almost 4 territories fewer than expected based on the odds going into the roll. If we picked up those 4 territories, we would likely have 2 additional regions and significantly improved board positioning.
Goose06
AG
As expected, Michigan was able to make more gains into our territories. Luckily we along with OSU and Chaos busted up Michigan's attempt at consolidating regions and broke up the one we had. Should be an interesting day with us trying to get a couple more regions but also trying to defend several regions and I am sure we'd like to stay in Michigan's backyard to be able to scattershoot their regions.
Goose06
AG
A 3rd consecutive day of bad luck. Over 3 days we are 13 territories less than expected. If we had 8 more territories we'd have 4 more regions. So yeah... f the random number generator!

Feels like I am talking to myself. I try to bump this thread each day in case people use this thread as their daily reminder to make a move. If no one is doing that I will probably stop bumping this thread so let me know if you are following along...
dbangZip95
AG
Keep posting. I'm playing.

t.u. died last night, so whoop!

It's a nice little distraction after the kids go to bed. Let's go hunt some wolverines!
Goose06
AG
Do you want us to post recommended moves (which takes into account where we are sending lots of people already) or do you prefer to just make whatever move you can come up with?
Schall 02
AG
Post move. I usually default to the reddit not-in-a-group move
Goose06
AG
A couple moves I like for today include:

Sault Ste Marie
Thunder Bay
Champaign
Alaska
Rule Number 32
AG
Definitely keep posting. It's pretty fun. Glad the sips died finally.

I've had a good time with my discord 2a brothers!
Goose06
AG
Well we have continued to get hosed by the random number generator. On Saturday Michigan got 9 more territories than expected and we again got fewer than expected based on the statistics. We are technically the 2nd least lucky team in the game based on the stats (Alabama is the unluckiest). You'd like to think that things will revert to the mean, but it may take hundreds or thousands of rolls for that to happen and we only have I think 6 remaining...

What to do today? I would suggest attacking Michigan in one of the Arizona or New Mexico territories. Or you could defend one of the territories in our California or Mexico regions that border Michigan.
TxAg70_TxAg70
AG
Man, RNG has been so brutal to us this game that there's not a lot that we could have done strategically to prevent this.

But an Aggie doesn't quit, so I will fight on!
Ogre09
AG
Final goal: retake our Republic of Texas region.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.