Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

NFL 40 times - Rogers vs Davis

8,399 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cazadore
HTownAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieBlu said:

Kendrick Rogers 4.51
Quartney Davis 4.54

Did not see Kendrick putting up a faster time that Quartney!
Meanwhile, a LB/S from Clemson just ran a 4.39

Hopefully, Jimbo can recruit WR that can run
ccolley68
AG
NoahAg said:

How many of the top 10 NFL receivers are great because of their speed? Most are great because of their hands, route running, and body position.

What does a 4.54 vs 4.51 look like in real time? 1 or 2 steps faster?

Randy moss was kind of fast
ashley
While they say it's electronic timing just know that means at the finish line only. The start is hand held so you can add 0.22 at least to the time.
I always take it with a grain of salt when I hear a recruit runs a 4.4 40.
Bunk Moreland
To that point...this is the entire list for sub 4.4 40's at the combine this year...

Kanyes psychiatrist
NoahAg said:

How many of the top 10 NFL receivers are great because of their speed? Most are great because of their hands, route running, and body position.

What does a 4.54 vs 4.51 look like in real time? 1 or 2 steps faster?
Another even a step. About a quarter of a step. Of the top top ten WRs all time only Owens and Moss run sub 4.5. Moss ran like a 4.2 and Owens was probably high 4.3. Calvin Johnson ran a 4.38 and he fringe top 10. Rice 4.7 and he is the greatest WR and arguably greatest overall football ever. It's about feet, hips, technique, hands, understanding of game, and body control.
twogoatsfn
AG
MyNameIsKyle said:

Meximan said:

Emilio Fantastico said:

Yep, just look at the difference between our guys at WR running 4.5+ while Ruggs at Bama runs 4.28.

The talent gap is real.

Jerry Rice ran 4.7.
so tropey. Rice was the greatest route runner in the history of football and amongst the hardest working, most discipline athletes of all time. Not to mention, he ran a mid 4.5 at his pro day, per scouting legend Gil Brandt.
That said, he washes out in a couple of years if drafted by a team like Tampa Bay.
northeastag
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:

Yep, just look at the difference between our guys at WR running 4.5+ while Ruggs at Bama runs 4.28.

The talent gap is real.
Seems strange that 2 thenths of a second over 40 yards can make that much of a difference, but I guess it can. Wouldn't the ability to run great routes, and have great hands make more of a difference?
Kanyes psychiatrist
northeastag said:

Emilio Fantastico said:

The talent gap is real.
Seems strange that 2 thenths of a second over 40 yards can make that much of a difference, but I guess it can. Wouldn't the ability to run great routes, and have great hands make more of a difference?
Routes and hands are more important. A guy like Ruggs allows the offense to open up because the defense has to respect that speed so the run game and other WRs open up.
cazadore
Quote:

Quartney:

40: 4.54
Bench:
Vertical: 35.5"
Broad Jump
3 Cone:
20 Yd Shuttle:
60 Yd Shuttle:

Kendrick:

40: 4.51
Bench: 17
Vertical: 35.5"
Broad Jump: 124"
3 Cone: 7.13 s
20 Yd Shuttle: 4.48 s
60 Yd Shuttle:

I'll update as all results come in
For a WR, Roger's numbers are good. His numbers are very close to (and in some cases, better than) Mike Evans performance. Consider Evans numbers:

40: 4.53 s
Bench: 12 reps
Vertical: 37"
Broad Jump: NA
3-Cone: 7.08 s
20-Yard Shuttle: 4.26 s

I think Davis might have more to prove at this point as he only posted numbers for the 40 and the vertical.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.