Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

NFL 40 times - Rogers vs Davis

8,329 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cazadore
AggieBlu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kendrick Rogers 4.51
Quartney Davis 4.54

Did not see Kendrick putting up a faster time that Quartney!
I will never understand how someone can tell so many lies and not feel bad about it...
zooguy96
Unfortunately, Q is consistent and Kendrick is not. That will be the difference in where they are drafted, although Kendrick has the potential to be like RSJ if he puts in the work.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
dixichkn
AG
Someone is going to absolutely get taken in by Kendrick's athleticism and potential, and I wish the kid luck. I hope he's able to stay on the field and produce.

I'd rather have Q
greg.w.h
AG
In my head: "I wonder if we have sprinters on the track team that can catch the football???"
Post removed:
by user
vander54
S
I was shocked by the times. Q was a little slower than I expected and Roger's was a little faster.
fieldtrailer
AG
A&M wastes soo much talent. Another year of fisher and mond offense hopefully won't waste more.
CoachLB
fieldtrailer said:

A&M wastes soo much talent. Another year of fisher and mond offense hopefully won't waste more.
. Fisher has been here for two seasons. Was Sternberger, Trayvon, McCoy, and the others wasted talent? Rogers biggest problem was Rogers! Fisher got everything out of Davis he could. Neither are elite talent. Look at the guys Fisher is bringing in now. There is some elite talent in that group. Sorry, but Fisher has not wasted any talent. Just the opposite, he has improved the talent and is getting more out of it.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Yep, just look at the difference between our guys at WR running 4.5+ while Ruggs at Bama runs 4.28.

The talent gap is real.
CoachLB
Yep. I agree. Fisher has put together two classes that are closing the gap. I like Davis. I believe he gave everything he had to give. I believe he will work hard and can stick in the NFL. Rogers can too. But he will have to stay healthy and work. But Ruggs and guys like that are at a different level.
zooguy96
Both these guys were Sumlin recruits. Good luck to them. Jimbo has had 2 of his own classes. The first one was mostly Sumlin recruits (which he didn't run off) and he sprinkled in a few of his at the last moment (did the best he could).

Once the 2019 and 2020 classes are juniors and seniors - watch out.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
SolidRockAg
Q's shuttle time should be faster...he's got the shifty quick make you miss stuff and looks super fast
If Kendrick beats him there then he definitely ranks up there with speedy as a waster of talent
Craigy
Emilio Fantastico said:

Yep, just look at the difference between our guys at WR running 4.5+ while Ruggs at Bama runs 4.28.

The talent gap is real.
No a fair comparison at all. You are comparing our 2 wr to the 2nd fastest time ever for a wr at the combine. By your comparison the talent gap is real for all the other teams which is not true
schmellba99
AG
40 time is such an overrated metric. Shuttle time should be the one that everybody geeks out over.
ironmanag
AG
MyNameIsKyle said:

Rogers' time blows my mind. That's not great speed, but it's decent, and maybe the most under capitalized "decent" speed I've seen in a while.
WHAT???

At his size that is phenominal speed.

Mike Evans ran a 4.53
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
West Point Aggie
AG
fieldtrailer said:

Just in time for dumbest post of February! Congrats! Though this year you have one more day to one-up yourself!!
TexasLeaguer
AG
schmellba99 said:

40 time is such an overrated metric. Shuttle time should be the one that everybody geeks out over.

Tom Brady's shuttle time was faster than Dalvin Cook's shuttle time by .15 seconds. You sure this is the metric we want to determine athleticism?
TexanJeff
AG
If Rogers can run that fast how come he was rarely open?!?!??
ironmanag
AG
TexanJeff said:

Lazy routes
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Ulrich
TexanJeff said:

The good news/bad news of this offense is that we have guys running open downfield all the time. Mond doesn't look downfield.

Guys are frequently open out of the break downfield because the defense plays tight man coverage and knows they can show Mond a presnap read with deep safeties, then bring them down after the snap to bracket the short routes that Mond locks onto based on that read.
BDub3
AG
CraigSU84 said:

Emilio Fantastico said:

The talent gap is real.
No a fair comparison at all. You are comparing our 2 wr to the 2nd fastest time ever for a wr at the combine. By your comparison the talent gap is real for all the other teams which is not true
Jeudy, Bamas best receiver, ran a 4.46 I believe.
Bunk Moreland
Quartney:

40: 4.54
Bench:
Vertical: 35.5"
Broad Jump
3 Cone:
20 Yd Shuttle:
60 Yd Shuttle:

Kendrick:

40: 4.51
Bench: 17
Vertical: 35.5"
Broad Jump: 124"
3 Cone: 7.13 s
20 Yd Shuttle: 4.48 s
60 Yd Shuttle:

I'll update as all results come in
Southlake
Both would have benefited from working here in their senior year.

WR talent in the draft is very high this year.
Bunk Moreland
Southlake said:

Both would have benefited from working here in their senior year.

WR talent in the draft is very high this year.

Nah, not really. Neither guy has a 1st round ceiling, and likely neither have a 2nd round ceiling. So far both are putting up numbers that won't scare anyone away.

And I bet a lot of scouts loved Kendrick's 4.51 with his 6'4" frame.
schmellba99
AG
TexasLeaguer said:

schmellba99 said:

Tom Brady's shuttle time was faster than Dalvin Cook's shuttle time by .15 seconds. You sure this is the metric we want to determine athleticism?
When it comes to burst speed and the ability to change direction quickly - which are far more useful and important than straight line speed in football, especially at a receiver position - yes.

Comparing a QB to a RB is not useful, especially when one of them is 40lbs heavier than the other at the same point in their career.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Ulrich said:

TexanJeff said:

The good news/bad news of this offense is that we have guys running open downfield all the time. Mond doesn't look downfield.

Guys are frequently open out of the break downfield because the defense plays tight man coverage and knows they can show Mond a presnap read with deep safeties, then bring them down after the snap to bracket the short routes that Mond locks onto based on that read.

You're gonna get piled on for being critical of Mond.

You're right, by the way. But these guys won't let facts get in their way. Mond is the BEST EVAR!!!
Meximan
Emilio Fantastico said:

The talent gap is real.

Jerry Rice ran 4.7.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
cevans_40
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

Ulrich said:

TexanJeff said:

You're gonna get piled on for being critical of Mond.

You're right, by the way. But these guys won't let facts get in their way. Mond is the BEST EVAR!!!

IYou will find no one arguing that Mond is the best ever. What you will find are people saying he is our best option at the present time and throwing Calzada or Blumrick out there isn't going to make this team better.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
CraigSU84 said:

Emilio Fantastico said:

The talent gap is real.

In 2018, Bama had four DBs at the combine. Three of them ran in the 4.3s and the fourth was the best football player (Minkah Fitzpatrick) and he ran a 4.46.
Other than maybe converted running back Williams, when was the last time we had a DB run under 4.5 at the combine?
Obviously, you can make up for some speed with good football instincts and there is a difference between track speed and football speed. But if you watched our game against Bama this year, the difference between the two teams was much less in the trenches (especially our Dline vs their Oline) than it was with the speed at the skill positions. I mean, we couldn't even cover a freakin punt to save our lives.
NoahAg
How many of the top 10 NFL receivers are great because of their speed? Most are great because of their hands, route running, and body position.

What does a 4.54 vs 4.51 look like in real time? 1 or 2 steps faster?
Southlake
Yeah, the thought is Quartney works hard and Kendrick is just on cruise control.

My saying that an extra year would do them good comes from another year physical maturity and hard work. Imagine each with 10 more lbs. of muscle and running 4.48.

Kendrick would be a beast.
dreyOO
AggieBlu said:

Kendrick Rogers 4.51
Quartney Davis 4.54

Did not see Kendrick putting up a faster time that Quartney!
Kendrick definitely didn't play at that speed

Q (IMHO) ran just fast enough to not lose any draft stock. I was hoping he could hit 4.5 flat but this is ok.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.