Story Poster
Photo by Lia Musgrave, TexAgs
Texas A&M Football

Texas A&M WR Quartney Davis will enter NFL Draft

December 31, 2019

Texas A&M junior wideout Quartney Davis declared for the NFL Draft on Tuesday, making his announcement via his Twitter account.

In the post, Davis wrote: "After a lot of thought and prayer with my family, I would like to announce that I will be declaring for the 2020 NFL Draft. I've been dreaming of playing in the NFL since I first started playing football and I'm ready to start this new journey."

Davis is just the second Aggie underclassman to declare for the 2020 NFL Draft, following fellow-junior Justin Madubuike, who sat out A&M's bowl game. His announcement comes off the heels of Texas A&M's 24-21 win over Oklahoma State in the Texas Bowl on Friday night. Davis hauled in six receptions for 48 yards in the contest.

Davis arrived in Aggieland as a four-star recruit out of Langham Creek High School in 2016 in a recruiting class that also featured wide receiver Kendrick Rogers.

During his time in Aggieland, Davis enjoyed a pair of productive years in his sophomore and junior campaigns. As a true freshman in 2017, Davis appeared in eight games with the Aggies without catching a pass. In 2018, he caught 45 passes for 585 yards and seven touchdowns. Davis appeared in all 13 games and started 12 games for the Aggies during his sophomore year.

Matt Sachs, TexAgs
Davis caught the touchdown pass that sent the 2018 LSU game into the first of an epic seven overtimes.

Perhaps his best performance as an Aggie came in Texas A&M's 26-23 road victory over South Carolina in 2018 in which Davis hauled in a career-high nine grabs for 127 yards (another career-high). 

However, the heart of Davis’ legacy at A&M will always be his role in the 2018 LSU game. Davis hauled in a 19-yard touchdown catch after time expired in regulation, sending the contest into the first of seven overtimes. Davis later caught a 17-yard touchdown in the seventh overtime to tie the score at 72, and on the ensuing two-point try, Kellen Mond connected with Rogers to secure a 74-72 A&M victory.

Davis appeared in 11 games for the Aggies in 2019, missing the Lamar and UTSA games. In his final season, he caught 54 passes for 616 yards and four scores for the Maroon & White.

Davis completes his Texas A&M career with 99 career receptions, 1,201 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns.

Discussion from...

Texas A&M WR Quartney Davis will enter NFL Draft

11,677 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SenorAG
LEJ
How long do you want to ignore this user?

TexanJeff
AG
Germans!
SECTAMU#1
What round does he currently project to be drafted?
BanderaAg956
I hope this ends up being a good decision.
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
SenorAG
AG
You can't blame the kid. I don't think he goes high but completed his degree nothing wrong with wanting to see what the future holds. Good luck Q hope to see you shine on Sunday's
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.