Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Records of Teams We Beat - Combined 27-57

8,816 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TX scallywAG
halfastros81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Obvious tsip is obvious.

Joe Exotic
AG
LJF78 said:

EKUAg said:

Already in another thread. Trolls out strong tonight.

How is it a troll when it's 100% concrete facts ?

It or if there's no point to it other than to bring it up again.
black_hat_ag
Bo Darville said:

black_hat_ag said:

Bo Darville said:

black_hat_ag said:

Don't buy into the program as much. Start by letting your season tickets go. Start watching on tv. Don't follow the players as much. You'll start caring less and be happier for it.

I like how you have to make sure to let everyone know you really don't care. Over and over again.

It's to encourage others to do the same genius

Then by definition you care.

I care for the mental health of others. Yes that is correct.
Stinky T
AG
We only play 8 conference games. Four of those teams were absolute garbage this year. The other 4 were better than us. OP's complaint should be more about the schedule than it is about the quality of the team.
black_hat_ag
halfastros81 said:

Obvious tsip is obvious.

Oh it's you again. You never responded to my poop slap bet.
Joe Exotic
AG
Franklin Delano Bluth said:

Aggie MHA said:

We didn't beat a single team with a winning record.

Thoughts?

The losses we have are all top 15 teams....

We weren't a top 15 team this year....

In the games we won, we controlled the LOS (albeit ugly sometimes)

In the games we lost we got owned on the LOS

There was no middle ground in the schedule this year...
TX scallywAG
AG
Simple & solid take Bluth.

Stinky T said:

We only play 8 conference games. Four of those teams were absolute garbage this year. The other 4 were better than us. OP's complaint should be more about the schedule than it is about the quality of the team.

This one however.... not so much. My point was we didn't win the ones that gave us a stage...
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
Kozmozag
55-6, the record of the five team's that beat us.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Aggie MHA said:

2004FIGHTINTXAG said:

Aggie MHA said:

No signature wins. Last year we beat 3 top 20 teams in Kyle Field (Kentucky, UAB, LSU)... contrary to ESPN commentators talk... but nada like that this season.

Lol... troll? Ag Tag with 2 TAMU degrees & season tickets here... move on zoo keyboard warrior.

Because Clemson, Auburn, LSU, Bama and Georgia this year = Kentucky, UAB, LSU last year?
Those were the only ranked teams we played. You expected to win those?

You guys okay essentially winning every game that doesn't matter? And losing all that do? Yall sound fun. Exactly the mentality I tell my kids to not have.

At some point you have to start winning some of them... 0-5 is stupid. I honestly was expecting to go 2-3 in those... maroon shades off, 1-4.

Nobody likes losing, but it's called reality. We're not at the top five level yet. We were major underdogs in all of them except I believe Auburn. Yes, Auburn was the one we thought we'd win. We were robbed in Georgia. We should have won one of them. We didn't.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Kozmozag said:

55-6, the record of the five team's that beat us.

Some on here don't like to see this side of the coin.
mitchdpm
AG
Aggie MHA said:

2004FIGHTINTXAG said:

Aggie MHA said:

No signature wins. Last year we beat 3 top 20 teams in Kyle Field (Kentucky, UAB, LSU)... contrary to ESPN commentators talk... but nada like that this season.

Lol... troll? Ag Tag with 2 TAMU degrees & season tickets here... move on zoo keyboard warrior.

Because Clemson, Auburn, LSU, Bama and Georgia this year = Kentucky, UAB, LSU last year?

You guys okay essentially winning every game that doesn't matter? And losing all that do? Yall sound fun. Exactly the mentality I tell my kids to not have.

At some point you have to start winning some of them... 0-5 is stupid. I honestly was expecting to go 2-3 in those... maroon shades off, 1-4.

Well, that's what you deserve for having expectations like those about a team playing 5 superior teams. We lost a ton a contributing starters from a decent team. Name ten teams that would go 2-3 against Clemson, Bama, Georgia, LSU and Auburn. No, name five teams. Nobody beats two of those teams this year except those teams.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Aggie MHA said:

Stinky T said:

This one however.... not so much. My point was we didn't win the ones that gave us a stage...

So because we were on a stage we should have won? The stage takes away the fact that the other teams were superior?
ZapAg82
Also look at the combined schedule of the teams that beat us. What is it? 3 combined loses.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
ZapAg82 said:

Also look at the combined schedule of the teams that beat us. What is it? 3 combined loses.

55-6
Stinky T
AG
Aggie MHA said:

Stinky T said:

Really, captain obvious, nobody but you noticed that? Maybe I missed something, but it appeared you were complaining about the record of teams we beat.

My point, that went right over your head, was that there were not many 6-9 win teams on our schedule this year to make the record for our wins more respectable. Auburn, clearly was the most disappointing loss.
JMR
S
I think these are the same type that wanted to keep kds around because of overall W-L record, without regard for who/what the Ws and Ls were.
Now they look at the record from the same perspective, and decide it's not good enough.

4 of our 5 losses were to teams that were all at the top the national champion contender pyramid 14 days ago. Get real people
vander54
S
Bo Darville said:

black_hat_ag said:

Bo Darville said:

black_hat_ag said:

Don't buy into the program as much. Start by letting your season tickets go. Start watching on tv. Don't follow the players as much. You'll start caring less and be happier for it.

I like how you have to make sure to let everyone know you really don't care. Over and over again.

It's to encourage others to do the same genius

Then by definition you care.

If he didn't care he wouldn't be here
vander54
S
I don't get why we have to discuss things that have been discussed so many times in the past and was very obvious. We had a very interesting schedule this year. Last year it was a great schedule, we had cupcakes, challenging games and top tier teams. This year we had cupcakes and top tier teams. Not many people expected more than 8 wins this year due to our schedule.

There really isn't much to discuss
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

Well it is a discussion board after all.
Artorias
AG
Ags are a slightly above average team this year with a schedule full of either bad teams or elite teams. There was no middle ground this year.

We beat all the bad teams and lost to all the elite teams, which was pretty much the expected result.
Loyalty
AG
Aggie MHA said:

These are the records of the teams the Aggies beat....

3-9
4-8
2-10
4-8
6-6
4-8
4-8

27-57 combined... 32% winning percentage. We didn't beat a single team with a winning record. MS ST was the best at .500.

No end game here... knew we had no signature wins... but didn't think it was that bad.

Thoughts?

So excited to know this
black_hat_ag
vander54 said:

I don't get why we have to discuss things that have been discussed so many times in the past and was very obvious. We had a very interesting schedule this year. Last year it was a great schedule, we had cupcakes, challenging games and top tier teams. This year we had cupcakes and top tier teams. Not many people expected more than 8 wins this year due to our schedule.

It's called a message board lol. You have the choice on which topics you participate in. You are the one that clicks on reply. You feed the topics that you think shouldn't be discussed. Makes zero sense.
wyoag93
AG
The combined record of the teams we lost to will be 56-7. Damn.

13-0
13-0
11-2
10-2
9-3
Meximan
Aggie MHA said:

Neither has Alabama, what's your point?
A New Hope
Bfd. The teams we lost to were auburn, Clemson, Georgia, LSU and bama.
A New Hope
wyoag93 said:

13-0
13-0
11-2
10-2
9-3
This
rootube
AG
Welp, we could be Baylor who never played an elite team once and lost to the only team that was pretty good twice. So there's that.
bv86ag
AG
Next year if the Ags go 10-2 or 11-1 trolls like OP will be on here to "complain" about the teams record again.
And to remind people how terrible the football team is.
Even trolls get Ag tags nowadays on this board.
Joe Exotic
AG
bv86ag said:

Next year if the Ags go 10-2 or 11-1 trolls like OP will be on here to "complain" about the teams record again.
And to remind people how terrible the football team is.
Even trolls get Ag tags nowadays on this board.
TAMUallen
AG
Fedup said:

wyoag93 said:

13-0
13-0
11-2
10-2
9-3
This

This again. We didnt win against the awesome teams and should have picked up at least 2 wins there but only looking at the records of teams we won over is a bit misleading
Ol Army 01
AG
wyoag93 said:

13-0
13-0
11-2
10-2
9-3

The other positive
If we win our bowl game the final against could be 34-63.....
Unemployed
AG
black_hat_ag said:

Just because you're a pssy doesn't mean everyone has to be one, too.

You don't care but yet here you are posting on a forum dedicated to Aggie football.

Just go away.
vander54
S
Although the first part will most likely get your response deleted I agree with it
Repeat the Line
Silly thread and a topic that's been done over and over. A&M didn't play any teams of about equal talent or slightly better (Auburn was probably the closest and is one we should have won, yet came out unprepared and the game was never really close despite the 28-20 score). That being said, did anyone expect the Aggies to knock off the defending national champs on the road, beat Bama, Georgia in Athens, or LSU in Death Valley? A&M won the games they were supposed to and unfortunately wasn't competitive in the ones they were not expected to win (although they were absolutely robbed in Athens). Hopefully A&M comes I to the bowl slated as an underdog against a somewhat formidable opponent and wins convincingly so rubbish threads with this recurring theme will surface no more.
1976Ag
AG
mitchdpm said:

Aggie MHA said:

2004FIGHTINTXAG said:

Aggie MHA said:

Well, that's what you deserve for having expectations like those about a team playing 5 superior teams. We lost a ton a contributing starters from a decent team. Name ten teams that would go 2-3 against Clemson, Bama, Georgia, LSU and Auburn. No, name five teams. Nobody beats two of those teams this year except those teams.

Why is it when you ask someone to name ten teams that would go 2-3 against the five teams we lost to, all we hear are "crickets"?? With their statements, you would think it would be an easy task. Or, maybe they are trolling and don't care that their statements make no sense.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.