Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Records of Teams We Beat - Combined 27-57

8,738 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TX scallywAG
TX scallywAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2004FIGHTINTXAG said:

Kozmozag said:

55-6, the record of the five team's that beat us.

Some on here don't like to see this side of the coin.

Some on here think we deserve to be on that side of the coin again...

... and should strive to be instead of being okay with 7-4/8-4 year in & out.
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Aggie MHA said:

2004FIGHTINTXAG said:

Kozmozag said:

Oh God dude. Nobody on here likes losing. If we don't win at least nine games next year in regular season then come back on here and gripe. Your gripes will be more legit next year if we lose more than two or three, but this year not so much.
TAMUallen
AG
Aggie MHA said:

2004FIGHTINTXAG said:

Kozmozag said:

Nobody is satisfied with that. We have recruits, we have young players and we will get better at QB and Oline. If next year is a 7 or 8 win year then there will be outrage regardless of the excuse/s
vonmazor
I mean..would you have preferred a loss? Beat the teams they were supposed to this year. Played more freshman and sophomores than any other team in the country,
Unemployed
AG
Aggie MHA said:

2004FIGHTINTXAG said:

Kozmozag said:

Okay...since you brought it up, name the people on here that are happy and content with finishing 7-5 on the regular?

Everybody wants to win a natty. But when we don't, some people are mature enough to not throw tantrums. Don't mistake their lack of irrational behavior for not caring about A&M.
Stinky T
AG
RealTalk said:

Aggie MHA said:

2004FIGHTINTXAG said:

Kozmozag said:

Okay...since you brought it up, name the people on here that are happy and content with finishing 7-5 on the regular?

Everybody wants to win a natty. But when we don't, some people are mature enough to not throw tantrums. Don't mistake their lack of irrational behavior for not caring about A&M.

You are trying to rationalize with a guy that seems to think that we should control the play of the teams we beat each year to make sure their win/loss record meets his standard of respectable at the end of the season. Despite his masters degree, he isn't analytical enough to realize that we played 7 really bad teams and 5 really good teams - with nothing in between. You are definitely wasting your breath.
TyperWoods
Aggie MHA said:

No signature wins. Last year we beat 3 top 20 teams in Kyle Field (Kentucky, UAB, LSU)... contrary to ESPN commentators talk... but nada like that this season.

Lol... troll? Ag Tag with 2 TAMU degrees & season tickets here... move on zoo keyboard warrior.

Did someone unplug your Tesla at a game a few weeks ago?
W
AG
it is noteworthy that State beat Ole Miss is their last game to reach 6-6. So not all of A&M's win have come against teams with losing records.

and if State can win their bowl game, the Ags will have beaten a team with a winning record
W
AG
or if the Ags win their bowl game...that would also be a win vs. a team with a winning record
GigEmTx
Another way to look at it is the record of the teams we lost to. We played the best teams in the country, and they were only beaten by other best teams in the country.

If you take the teams we lost to and exclude the record of games they played among themselves, their combined record during the season was 50-2.

If you lose 5 games to teams going 50-2 in a year when we're undergoing a major recruiting overhaul with lots of talented Freshmen, I'm ok with that.
VikingNik
AG
Only game I thought we'd win that we didn't was Auburn. So mildly disappointed but our schedule was nuts. I don't think anyone thought this year would be the year with the guys we lost to the draft.
Cy_Tolliver
Yeah this stat is extremely misleading as unless we were a CFP caliber team, which we aren't, the only game we could have realistically won is Auburn. Auburn was disappointing. Pretty much any team in the country outside of the top 10 would have lost the others.

And even Auburn beat the Pac 12 champion and Alabama. They don't suck.
vander54
S
Cy_Tolliver said:

Yeah this stat is extremely misleading as unless we were a CFP caliber team, which we aren't, the only game we could have realistically won is Auburn. Auburn was disappointing. Pretty much any team in the country outside of the top 10 would have lost the others.

Did you forget about Georgia.
World's worst proofreader
Lateralus Ag
AG
We played pretty much as expected all year except the last game.

50-7 is inexcusable.
Lateralus Ag
AG
GigEmTx said:

Another way to look at it is the record of the teams we lost to. We played the best teams in the country, and they were only beaten by other best teams in the country.

If you take the teams we lost to and exclude the record of games they played among themselves, their combined record during the season was 50-2.

If you lose 5 games to teams going 50-2 in a year when we're undergoing a major recruiting overhaul with lots of talented Freshmen, I'm ok with that.

Let's just remove all the games that don't make your point?
Cy_Tolliver
vander54 said:

Cy_Tolliver said:

Did you forget about Georgia.
Georgia beat Notre Dame, Florida, and Auburn. They don't suck either. I think we now view them as suck because they got torched by a great LSU team, and we think that we got torched by same team because BAS and didn't show up. They had that one loss with tons of turnovers against a team they would beat 99% of the time. Georgia is very good.
PyriteAg
AG
AGinHI said:

[insert "we"]

Underrated post
Aggie_Nuke
AG
bv86ag said:

Next year if the Ags go 10-2 or 11-1 trolls like OP will be on here to "complain" about the teams record again.
And to remind people how terrible the football team is.
Even trolls get Ag tags nowadays on this board.

You know, I've been having the "wait till next year" mantra thrown at me since I was a freshman in 1969...... at this rate I won't live long enough to ever see "next year", if I live to be 100 !

Yes, I will keep complaining about our record, regardless of the win-loss record of our opponents, until we at least win the SEC West ! And after that, I'll keep complaining until we win a Natty !

Oh, and I'm not a "troll" ..... are you ?

The ONLY valid ANNUAL goal for ALL Aggie Sports is a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Gig'em !
FTAC '73
TX scallywAG
AG
TyperWoods said:

Aggie MHA said:

No signature wins. Last year we beat 3 top 20 teams in Kyle Field (Kentucky, UAB, LSU)... contrary to ESPN commentators talk... but nada like that this season.

Lol... troll? Ag Tag with 2 TAMU degrees & season tickets here... move on zoo keyboard warrior.

Did someone unplug your Tesla at a game a few weeks ago?

Lol... drive a V8 truck & wear boots... unlike some of the yuppies here.
---
TX scallywAG
AG
RealTalk said:

Aggie MHA said:

2004FIGHTINTXAG said:

Kozmozag said:

Here's 2004's comment from above...

"Oh God dude. Nobody on here likes losing. If we don't win at least nine games next year in regular season then come back on here and gripe. Your gripes will be more legit next year if we lose more than two or three, but this year not so much"

... been hearing some derivative of this for 20 years... make it the Zoo slogan... next year...
---
TX scallywAG
AG
Stinky T said:

RealTalk said:

Aggie MHA said:

2004FIGHTINTXAG said:

Kozmozag said:

You are trying to rationalize with a guy that seems to think that we should control the play of the teams we beat each year to make sure their win/loss record meets his standard of respectable at the end of the season. Despite his masters degree, he isn't analytical enough to realize that we played 7 really bad teams and 5 really good teams - with nothing in between. You are definitely wasting your breath.

Nah, just analytical enough to realize the 5 teams we lost to were 55-6.... not 54-7 or worse...

Pretty simple concept.

If you want to take steps towards being elite you have to start knocking down a portion if those... not laying a goose egg in 5 of them...
---
halfastros81
AG
Auburn game was winnable from a pure talent perspective even tho they were really good and also had a lot of sr leadership. As it turned out Georgia was also winnable. Just winning one of those would have made a big difference in perception. We were overmatched in the other 3 losses. To me OKie St is the last shot to beat a team that is roughly equal from a talent perspective. For that reason I feel like it's an important game for the program.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
Aggie MHA said:

2004FIGHTINTXAG said:

Aggie MHA said:

Because Clemson, Auburn, LSU, Bama and Georgia this year = Kentucky, UAB, LSU last year?
Those were the only ranked teams we played. You expected to win those?

You guys okay essentially winning every game that doesn't matter? And losing all that do? Yall sound fun. Exactly the mentality I tell my kids to not have.

At some point you have to start winning some of them... 0-5 is stupid. I honestly was expecting to go 2-3 in those... maroon shades off, 1-4.

2004FIGHTINTXAG
Aggie MHA said:

RealTalk said:

Aggie MHA said:

2004FIGHTINTXAG said:

Kozmozag said:

Here's 2004's comment from above...

"Oh God dude. Nobody on here likes losing. If we don't win at least nine games next year in regular season then come back on here and gripe. Your gripes will be more legit next year if we lose more than two or three, but this year not so much"

... been hearing some derivative of this for 20 years... make it the Zoo slogan... next year...

Where in my post did I say I was content with 7-5 ON THE REGULAR?
TX scallywAG
AG
@2004, you're buying into the "next year" mentality. Hopefully this is the year y'all are right & we're not talking about our 7 or 8 win season next November.

halfastros81 said:

Auburn game was winnable from a pure talent perspective even tho they were really good and also had a lot of sr leadership. As it turned out Georgia was also winnable. Just winning one of those would have made a big difference in perception. We were overmatched in the other 3 losses. To me OKie St is the last shot to beat a team that is roughly equal from a talent perspective. For that reason I feel like it's an important game for the program.

I agree. 8-4 with a quality win over Auburn or Georgia was very doable & has a much different feel that 0-5 in big games at 7-5.

Keep in mind Auburn's young QB got better over season, but at that point, we had a good shot IMO.
---
30wedge
Combined records the teams we did not play was 765-692 which says a lot.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Alabama and Clemson's best win was vs. us. This was just a weird year where other than the very best teams we played there were very little average teams.

The stat doesn't really tell us anything you can't see on the field, we are not a Top 10 team, but we are a decent team and better than average.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Aggie MHA said:

@2004, you're buying into the "next year" mentality. Hopefully this is the year y'all are right & we're not talking about our 7 or 8 win season next November.

halfastros81 said:

I agree. 8-4 with a quality win over Auburn or Georgia was very doable & has a much different feel that 0-5 in big games at 7-5.

Keep in mind Auburn's young QB got better over season, but at that point, we had a good shot IMO.

Auburn's QB didn't make a difference in the game, our OL vs. their DL and their D overall vs. our offense did.

In reality we never should have been favored, it the game was played in Nov. Auburn would have been a 7-10 point favorite.
ageage79
AG
This year the Ags were Alydar - the teams we lost to were Affirmed.
ontheway
AG
Wow, this regular season is history. Move on.
ontheway
Dr RC
TexasLeaguer said:

Why do people start "new" threads like this? This has been discussed.

We beat who we were meant to beat. We lost to superior teams.

Please end thread.
Because they didn't see the original thread? Crazy concept I know.
TX scallywAG
AG
ontheway said:

Wow, this regular season is history. Move on.

Your regular season record lands you in B rated bowl.. against #4 in the B12....

Worth discussing.
---

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.