Story Poster
Texas A&M Football Recruiting

Recruiting Country: The latest recruiting news surrounding the Maroon & White

October 30, 2019

Key notes from Recruiting Country

• I think what you're seeing with A&M going after someone like Antonio Johnson‍ and Antonio Doyle‍ is Jimbo's recruiting philosophy to a “T.” If there is a hole in the state of Texas, they will scour the country and find the players they need. They already have Johnson committed, and are in an excellent spot for Doyle.

• We'll see what happens with Donell Harris‍. It's gone back and forth throughout this week. It was an official, and now it's not, so it'll be interesting to see if he makes it in or not on his own dime. I'll say this if you get him in for an 11:00 a.m. against UTSA for a kid from Miami, that's impressive. LSU also just took a commitment of a player with a similar skill set. 

• Fadil Diggs‍ and Harris are very similar, Braedon Mowry‍ is a little bit stockier. But they could be getting three different, athletic guys on the edge in this class if they close this out. That's a position of need. It could be huge. Also, bringing in Josh Ellison‍ is huge.

Ask Brauny

On coaches promising playing time...

I've never heard about the current A&M coaches promising playing time. You are guaranteed the opportunity to come in and compete, and the best players will play. Look at Kenyon Green, DeMarvin Leal, and Demani Richardson, they all came in and earned it.

2020 running back situation...

Ngata moved his decision date back to the World Bowl. With Zach Evans, nothing has really changed. With Devon Achane, LSU has made a huge push. I will have some more notes on him soon. EJ Smith, he's down to Florida, A&M, and Stanford. I think A&M will land two of them, which two I don't know.

A SPECIAL THANKS TO...
CapRock Health System, the only 100% locally owned and operated healthcare system in B/CS, has four convenient locations; CapRock Hospital with ER, CapRock 24-Hour Emergency Center, CapRock Urgent Care at Century Square, and CapRock Urgent Care at Jones Crossing. Visit CapRockHealthSystem.com

Discussion from...

Recruiting Country: The latest recruiting news surrounding the Maroon & White

7,824 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Brauny
There are not any replies to this post yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.