Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Troy Omeire flips

30,593 Views | 121 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by levypantsEOY
Unemployed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hope Bjork got that list of potential head coaching candidates handy in his desk drawer. He might need them sooner rather than later.
WC94
AG
Kyle will be rocking this time tomorrow and Tessus doesn't have a single home game worth a **** left on their pathetic schedule. If we can get them on campus, they will see the real difference in game day experience.
Leander - Ag
AG
Have demas.

Don't care.
2thFixinAg
Too slow. Eff him. Doesn't know the meaning of commitment.
EliteZags
AG
maybe he's seeing higher rated Dylan Wright not sniffing the field yet
halfone85
Like using a period? .

3 pages on this? wow
NavyAg92
AG
If A. Smith is the real deal, that's one less WR on field that's available the next three years not including this one. He cat is fun to watch.

WR is definitely one position we're not hurting at.

Demas will get some blue chip WR's to follow him. Don't you worry.
halfone85
NavyAg92 said:

If A. Smith is the real deal, that's one less WR on field that's available the next three years not including this one. He cat is fun to watch.

WR is definitely one position we're not hurting at.

Demas will get some blue chip WR's to follow him. Don't you worry.
I think you meant "his cat is fun to watch."
83Aggie
AG
AFHorn said:

Aggie Rick said:

WTF?

Did Jimbo slow play him out of the class? Don't want anyone scared to play in the SEC regardless
LOL, yes the SEC has shown how tough it is this year and I'm sure that's his reason for leaving...
I heard LSUs not bad
Tom Hagen
AG
Austin may be more hospitable to his "lifestyle".
ETXag4life
Yes, Jimbo has been slow playing him for awhile. Speed was the main concern and other more SEC caliber WR's have emerged. There is a strong possibility that he was told that we have moved on. Great kid, just not Aggie material and definitely not SEC ready. Jimbo knows what he's doing.
500,000ags
AG
Next year:
Davis
Ausbon
Preston
Wright
Rogers
Smith
Demas
Muhammad

and Cupp back.
aggiedad7
ClassOf17 said:

TheBro said:

Wabs said:

AFHorn said:

Aggie Rick said:

WTF?

Did Jimbo slow play him out of the class? Don't want anyone scared to play in the SEC regardless
LOL, yes the SEC has shown how tough it is this year and I'm sure that's his reason for leaving...
I'd say it's pretty tough if my team couldn't beat the 3rd or 4th best team in that conference ON THEIR HOME FIELD.
How do you know they are the 3rd or 4th best team in the conference?

It's Alabama and then Georgia so they're at least third.

Ags have a very good chance at beating them again as well.

I'd say it's Bama and then unproven. How does anyone know if LSU or the Dawgs are better? They haven't played and LSU is not the team they were. Now whether they can sling the ball against better corners remains to be seen. But no way I or anyone else can say who is 2, 3, or 4 in the SEC until this plays out. Bama is one until proven differently just because of what they have accomplished and they have a Heisman worthy QB + Saban.
WtHrOoOlPl
AG
This is a lot of size we will be missing out on. Then again this guy would only be good to great playing in the SEC where everyone is huge. He will possibly be unstoppable in the Big 12 and have less chance for injury, so he is thinking big picture health probably.
Aggie Football is only played for 2 quarters, choose wisely.
'03, '09 Walton Loads
AG
2thFixinAg said:

Too slow. Eff him. Doesn't know the meaning of commitment.

How do you feel about recruits who sign with us after having been committed elsewhere originally?
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Right now we have 15 or 16 commits and plan to take a full 25.

The last time Jimbo did not sign an elite Top 10 class was... never.

Some of you may not like it or understand, but this is a building process, not necessarily rebuilding, and we probably won't be fielding the type of team Jimbo wants until 2020 at the earliest, maybe 2021. Recruiting is part of that, but the class is not made or broken by 1 player or even 2 or 3. And it takes layering of strong classes to build a championship caliber team.
Snake
AG
Jbob04 said:

Perception is reality and we have zero momentum on the trail and Herman is absolutely taking it to Jimbo.

You are taking this too seriously. If I knew you I'd ask you what's the capital of Thailand.....
Aggie Dad Sip
gigem92 said:

Not SEC good...
Rick Flex
AG
Jbob04 said:

lil-stank said:

We'll check back in with the young man after this weekends horrific loss to Okie State, then Kansas, Kansas State, and Oklahoma, probably TCU also...

Not likely. Unfortunately for us, tu is going to have a great year and we of course will be 8-4 or 7-5 as usual.

Wanna know how I know you're not an Ag?
Rick Flex
AG
OK_Sip said:

gigem92 said:

Not SEC good...
Lol you guys called him fat and slow just 2 months ago... I'm sure 247 will have a change of heart as well.
Aggie Dad Sip
merch said:

Jimbo has to step it up. SEC is huge selling point but only if you compete at top level of SEC.

We have to get over the Texas schedule. They have to work really hard not to get 10 wins every year because the big xii sucks. But that is what it is.
They just lost at home to third place SEC West team last year.

We just need to get better. Starts this weekend.
Sip troll. No Ag Tag.
Ifishandlie
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

Right now we have 15 or 16 commits and plan to take a full 25.

The last time Jimbo did not sign an elite Top 10 class was... never.

Some of you may not like it or understand, but this is a building process, not necessarily rebuilding, and we probably won't be fielding the type of team Jimbo wants until 2020 at the earliest, maybe 2021. Recruiting is part of that, but the class is not made or broken by 1 player or even 2 or 3. And it takes layering of strong classes to build a championship caliber team.

I'm sorry but do you realize this is the zoo???

You take that intelligent football talk somewhere else.

All we do here is cry and complain about things we have zero control over like it's the end of times.

Honestly. Solid post. Should be eot
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
Tugg Speedman said:

OK_Sip said:

gigem92 said:

Not SEC good...
Lol you guys called him fat and slow just 2 months ago... I'm sure 247 will have a change of heart as well.

TexAgs had told me he was amazing. Until today. Now he sucks.
longeryak
TXK said:

Tugg Speedman said:

OK_Sip said:

gigem92 said:

Not SEC good...

TexAgs had told me he was amazing. Until today. Now he sucks.
How fast does he fall out of the top 10 of the 44?
Ag1985
APHIS AG said:

t.u. will "always" have a great year being in the BDF with that schedule for they are just about guaranteed at least nine wins a year.
This is a myth. Over the last 9 years, they've averaged only 7 wins per year.
texag_89
aggieclay said:

He's a good player, but have much more important positions to fill. OL OL OL OL! Then RB! This isn't that bad at all.

^
|
|

This.... We need a bunch of really good OL and even DL,,,,, give me 4.8* avg OL and 3.8* avg WR all day long.

Gotta win the LOS against everyone we play and we ain't there yet.

AggieCVQ
Really don't care. Use scholarship on LB, OL, or someone else. Good get by UT, but it doesn't really matter in the longrun.
AG
ETXag4life said:

Yes, Jimbo has been slow playing him for awhile. Speed was the main concern and other more SEC caliber WR's have emerged.

If speed was a concern, then why did we recruit Price? He's as slow or slower than Omeire. Maybe we are slow playing him, too, since other, better options have emerged?
AG
ETXag4life said:

Yes, Jimbo has been slow playing him for awhile.

Also, serious question... How do you know Jimbo has been slow playing him for a while? Ryan Brauninger follows A&M recruiting for a living, and he was surprised by this flip. That wouldn't be the case if we had cooled on the kid and weren't returning his calls anymore.

Unless Ryan and Billy had no idea, which is possible, but curious what your relationship is to the team that you would be privy to this info when they weren't.
P.U.T.U
AG
We may never know, well until the kid starts driving a new Camaro then we know why.

After seeing the beginning of this season losing a big possession WR is not the worst thing since price and Demas fit the same bill. IF we can get Achne or one of the other slot/RB types I think we could get better use out of them. Don't get me wrong tu has been leading the in state recruiting the past month or two but we are still looking good. Getting some LB recruits is much more of an issue, especially some that can play right away and have some size.
AFHorn
Wabs said:

AFHorn said:

Aggie Rick said:

WTF?

I'd say it's pretty tough if my team couldn't beat the 3rd or 4th best team in that conference ON THEIR HOME FIELD.
Oh, I wasn't aware the conference season was over and the champions already declared...
AG
Demas is not a possession receiver. He's a super athletic, fast, deep threat. He will take the top off the defense and require double coverage a lot of the time.
war hymn aggie
AG
Good luck to the kid. I'm sure that he'll have a good career there.
In the meantime, while this stings a bit, we do have a VERY solid WR class & can afford to lose someone at this position more than at any other.
You never know what kind of career his scholarship replacement will be for a few years so I not going to get anxious about our class just yet, especially with the visitors that we have coming in for the Alabama schools games.
It WILL be interesting to follow the A&M vs horn recruiting rivalry, however. Momentum is leaning the horns way right now but a couple of big wins at Kyle in front of these recruits could swing the pendulum back to Jimbo's side......Horns have no home games remaining that can rival Auburn or Bama.

technoviking
AG
AFHorn said:

Wabs said:

AFHorn said:

Aggie Rick said:

WTF?

Oh, I wasn't aware the conference season was over and the champions already declared...

Are you saying LSU is a bad team? Because that would seem to hurt your teams positioning.
yell_on_6th st
AG
4 said:

ETXag4life said:

Yes, Jimbo has been slow playing him for awhile. Speed was the main concern and other more SEC caliber WR's have emerged.

If speed was a concern, then why did we recruit Price? He's as slow or slower than Omeire. Maybe we are slow playing him, too, since other, better options have emerged?

Price is listening to Herman, could be next.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.