Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Troy Omeire flips

30,611 Views | 121 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by levypantsEOY
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rgag12 said:

Jbob04 said:

Damn this is crazy. Herman is owning Jimbo in recruiting. I guess Jimbo decided having one good class was good enough. Terrible

We have a lot of good WRs coming in and Herman obviously sold him on their depth. We still have a good class. Chill out

If by "a lot" you mean two, then I agree.
Bottlehead90
AG
Jbob04 said:

Damn this is crazy. Herman is owning Jimbo in recruiting. I guess Jimbo decided having one good class was good enough. Terrible

Sip troll
Check posting history
AGHouston11
AG
Maybe he likes to be kissed on the cheeks by Herman
Agsuffering@bulaw
Agree with Technoviking. We have a glut of WRs. He probably does not see the field until his 2nd or 3rd year in the program.
greg.w.h
AG
Meh...it's not NSD...
Jock 07
AG
hey sip, who is "us"?
Jock 07
AG
Bottlehead90 said:

Jbob04 said:

Sip troll
Check posting history
yup, these idiots don't realize how easy they are to spot. Can't get much more pathetic than going to a non rivals board masqaurading as said non rival, pooooooooooor sip
AFHorn
Aggie Rick said:

WTF?

Did Jimbo slow play him out of the class? Don't want anyone scared to play in the SEC regardless
LOL, yes the SEC has shown how tough it is this year and I'm sure that's his reason for leaving...
tangelox
Both schools are extremely deep at WR, I can't imagine it's an issue ether way.
Not a Bot
AG
So all of the sips who were posting how slow and unathletic he was are now thinking he is the best, right?

And honestly, looking at the depth chart I don't blame him. We don't go four wide as often as they do. We don't need as many receivers and frankly we've signed a ton of guys over the last few years.
Wabs
AG
AFHorn said:

Aggie Rick said:

WTF?

Did Jimbo slow play him out of the class? Don't want anyone scared to play in the SEC regardless
LOL, yes the SEC has shown how tough it is this year and I'm sure that's his reason for leaving...
I'd say it's pretty tough if my team couldn't beat the 3rd or 4th best team in that conference ON THEIR HOME FIELD.
S.A. Aggie
AG
Wow! I really thought he wasn't scared of the SEC! Really thought he was SEC caliber. Evidently he doesn't like to get hit by other high caliber players and show he is a superior athlete but would rather to only take on cream puffs. Extremely disappointed in him.
MaxPower
I heard he saw the LSU game and his eyes lit up realizing how much tu would be passing the ball......
Not a Bot
AG
And I can see what they are selling. They have an unbelievably easy path to a major bowl game every year. They schedule one decent game out of conference, and even if they lose they are still in the mix because they only play one team in conference that is legitimately good enough to compete with most good teams in the country. Thanks to the bowl contracts they can backdoor their way into the Cotton Bowl even if they don't beat a top 15 team the entire year.

The problem they and most of the Big 12 has is NFL development. Iron sharpens iron, and the overall talent level in terms of NFL prospects in the Big 12 is terrible. Really easy to develop bad habits going up against weaker competition almost every week.
Wabs
AG
Cactus Jack said:

And I can see what they are selling. They have an unbelievably easy path to a major bowl game every year. They schedule one decent game out of conference, and even if they lose they are still in the mix because they only play one team in conference that is legitimately good enough to compete with most good teams in the country. Thanks to the bowl contracts they can backdoor their way into the Cotton Bowl even if they don't beat a top 15 team the entire year.

The problem they and most of the Big 12 has is NFL development. Iron sharpens iron, and the overall talent level in terms of NFL prospects in the Big 12 is terrible. Really easy to develop bad habits going up against weaker competition almost every week.
Yeah but they play 9 conference games a year and the sucky SEC only plays 8!!! The SEC has it so easy - they should be forced to schedule 9 conf games!
JRE
technoviking said:

Saint Pablo said:

technoviking said:

aggieclay said:

I think he's about the first Ag to flip to sip that I can recall. It's always been sip to Ag.

Malik of Nazareth.
Malik was never committed to us.

That's true, he definitely publicly spurned us though.
didn't really miss much. guy was a below avg player for two years and a marginally above avg player one year.
merch
Jimbo has to step it up. SEC is huge selling point but only if you compete at top level of SEC.

We have to get over the Texas schedule. They have to work really hard not to get 10 wins every year because the big xii sucks. But that is what it is.
They just lost at home to third place SEC West team last year.

We just need to get better. Starts this weekend.
Nothing looks more foolish than tradition to those who have none.
aggiedad7
MaxPower said:

I heard he saw the LSU game and his eyes lit up realizing how much tu would be passing the ball......
More like he saw Ehlinger put up a 200 QB rating against LSU and saw Mond. Not that surprising. Thing is both of these guys will be gone before he ever sees the field so what difference does it make.
technoviking
AG
JRE said:

technoviking said:

Saint Pablo said:

technoviking said:

aggieclay said:

I think he's about the first Ag to flip to sip that I can recall. It's always been sip to Ag.

Malik of Nazareth.
Malik was never committed to us.

That's true, he definitely publicly spurned us though.
didn't really miss much. guy was a below avg player for two years and a marginally above avg player one year.

No doubt. But the folks on here that scream "perception is reality" were pretty livid when he picked them over us because it appeared that tu was winning.
technoviking
AG
aggiedad7 said:

MaxPower said:

More like he saw Ehlinger put up a 200 QB rating against LSU and saw Mond. Not that surprising. Thing is both of these guys will be gone before he ever sees the field so what difference does it make.

It doesn't because that's not the reality of the situation. Our offense does not cycle that many WRs. Their offense uses a lot. We have about 15 WRs that we're recruited here and about 3-4 of them see time.
TheBro
Wabs said:

AFHorn said:

Aggie Rick said:

WTF?

I'd say it's pretty tough if my team couldn't beat the 3rd or 4th best team in that conference ON THEIR HOME FIELD.
How do you know they are the 3rd or 4th best team in the conference?
OTredux
Don't care too much other than perception. Demas is best WR in state. Again, we will finish in top 10 like we do pretty much every year in recruiting. Finally have a coach who can "coach'em up"

8-4 is worst case scenario this year. I bet 9-3. Them we win SEC in 2020.
bpaggie01
AG
Pathetic take dude. Look at who we have committed before running to the keyboard next time. Look at overall numbers and depth chart at WR for both programs. This isn't necessarily a bad thing and don't blame the kid when taking that into account.
samhoustonag
It happens. Unless this becomes a trend, not much of a concern. We are deep at WR.

And rankings are not everything. How many highly touted recruits have I seen come to A&M over the decades and never live up to their hype. And how many middle of the pack recruits have shone.
APHIS AG
Jbob04 said:

lil-stank said:

We'll check back in with the young man after this weekends horrific loss to Okie State, then Kansas, Kansas State, and Oklahoma, probably TCU also...

Not likely. Unfortunately for us, tu is going to have a great year and we of course will be 8-4 or 7-5 as usual.

t.u. will "always" have a great year being in the BDF with that schedule for they are just about guaranteed at least nine wins a year.

The only teams that really stand in their way is OU and which ever SEC they schedule as their "premier" opponent.

Next year, they have LSU in Death Valley and it will not even be close.
ClassOf17
TheBro said:

Wabs said:

AFHorn said:

Aggie Rick said:

WTF?

It's Alabama and then Georgia so they're at least third.

Ags have a very good chance at beating them again as well.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I just feel sad for people who take recruiting seriously 3 months before signing day.
rgag12
AG
4 said:

rgag12 said:

Jbob04 said:

We have a lot of good WRs coming in and Herman obviously sold him on their depth. We still have a good class. Chill out

If by "a lot" you mean two, then I agree.

Well good thing I meant 3 and not 2
Wabs
AG
TheBro said:

Wabs said:

AFHorn said:

Aggie Rick said:

WTF?

By watching football.
Dale Gribble
Texan1976 said:

Per the composite:

Texas up to 280 (holds at 5th)

A&M down to 239 (drops to 17th)

As a class comparison Troy was A&Ms 6th best prospect, 12th for Texas

Still not worried. The Omeire loss stings, but as has been said, we are deep at WR and have 3 others committed, 2 of which are higher ranked (plus Banks in 2021 who is borderline 5*).

I'd also like to remind all the chicken littles around here, Jimbo has proven to close strong both years he has been here recruiting. And we lead pretty heavily for some huge talent, including:

D Ngata
D Harris
D Manning
C Morris
A Johnson (who is committing tomorrow)
A Doyle
D Achane

Add only those, and our class jumps to 289 pts. Does not even include guys we are in the mix for like Zach Evans, Noah Sewell, Arik Gilbert, Garrett Hayes, Jason Harris, EJ Smith, etc.

Grow a pair
FtBendTxAg
AG
Some of you are desperately stupid.

Who gives a ****, we have receivers.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Jbob04 said:

Dude are you really a chick on her period?? Serious question.
technoviking
AG
Arik Gilbert officially visits this weekend and would be a huge upgrade over Omeire.
AggieBlu
AG
He is on campus today!!!!!
I will never understand how someone can tell so many lies and not feel bad about it...
TheBro
APHIS AG said:

Jbob04 said:

lil-stank said:

We'll check back in with the young man after this weekends horrific loss to Okie State, then Kansas, Kansas State, and Oklahoma, probably TCU also...

Not likely. Unfortunately for us, tu is going to have a great year and we of course will be 8-4 or 7-5 as usual.

t.u. will "always" have a great year being in the BDF with that schedule for they are just about guaranteed at least nine wins a year.

The only teams that really stand in their way is OU and which ever SEC they schedule as their "premier" opponent.

Next year, they have LSU in Death Valley and it will not even be close.
Yeah one team will be breaking in a new QB and the other will have a leading contender for the Heisman. Yeah, it won't be close.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.