Story Poster
Texas A&M Football Recruiting

Recruiting Country: The latest recruiting news surrounding the Maroon & White

June 19, 2019

Key notes from Recruiting Country

• There’s probably going to be two or three more recruits join the class by July 5th. We anticipated a big summer, and that was before Fadil Diggs

• A&M will have ten to twelve recruits by camp probably. And some are coming out of nowhere like Deondre Jackson‍. I don’t think Jackson committing changes your plans at running back. I don’t think it changes your plans for Devon Achane. Achane sees himself as a running back.

• For corner, the focus is more narrow. The Aggies have four names at the cornerback positions, and I honestly think A&M could get all four. 

• If you take seven to nine corners in the next two classes, you couldn’t blame A&M. You want to be prepared and don’t want to look up and think, “what happens if I lose a corner?”

• I think Isaiah Raikes‍ decision is similar to the Blake Smith‍ decision: it’s a crucial piece to the puzzle.

• If Isaiah lived in Texas, he is probably the #1 big defensive tackle in the state. His one problem is he lacks some wingspan, but he’s enormous. He’ll likely reshape his body once he gets here and he’ll take a year to do that.

• You also have to think about the interior as it is. Bobby Brown probably only has two years left. You are going to have to replenish for the coming years.

• I’d lean toward A&M getting Achane, but one thing is they have to get him on campus. It’s not anyone’s fault, but he’s just been very busy with track. I’d say we’re a long way away from an Achane decision.

• Kourt Williams II‍, Noah Sewell‍, Jackson Bratton‍, Choe Bryant-Strother‍, Derrick Wingo, Kenneth Phillips‍ are all potential linebacker recruits. I’d say A&M offers seven or eight and they end up getting three.

• There will be some people who are wired to worry and complain, and I could see Kourt Williams shutting it down and going to Ohio State this weekend. But Jimbo is doing everything he can.

• My gut tells me that A&M will get Haynes King‍, but they’ll have to scratch and claw to keep him from Tennessee.

• My favorite thing about covering the kids is the relationships you build. You get to know a lot of them, and I want them to make the best decision or themselves. If that’s A&M, then that’s great but if it’s not then that’s fine too.

• I’d say that we know about 99% of the time if someone has silently committed. That may be two hours before or two months before.

A SPECIAL THANKS TO...
CapRock Health System, the only 100% locally owned and operated healthcare system in B/CS, has 3 convenient locations; CapRock 24-Hour ER, CapRock Hospital with ER, and CapRock Urgent Care at Century Square. CapRock's second urgent care will soon open at Jones Crossing. Visit CapRockHealthSystem.com

Discussion from...

Recruiting Country: The latest recruiting news surrounding the Maroon & White

14,595 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by beerad12man
SEC Champs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks for the free content, Cap Rock.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Quote:

Bobby Brown probably only has a few years left.
See? It's that kind of utterly precise, insider information that brings me to TexAgs.

I kid, I kid, Brauny.
sleepybeagle
AG
Thanks - good stuff
sleepybeagle
AG
Quote:

His one problem is he lacks some wingspan

Who is editing this stuff? Ryan specifically said that his wingspan is one of his best attributes.
AG
Yelnick McWawa said:

Quote:

See? It's that kind of utterly precise, insider information that brings me to TexAgs.

I kid, I kid, Brauny.

Ryan said he probably only has 2 years left, not "a few".

They all have a few years left.

Words mean things....
AG
Quote:

Achane sees himself as a big running back.

At 5'9", 170?

Of course he doesn't. You guessed it, that's also not what Ryan said. He said that Achane sees himself as a running back, but understands that he will be used in different ways.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
4 said:

Yelnick McWawa said:

Quote:

I kid, I kid, Brauny.

Ryan said he probably only has 2 years left, not "a few".

They all have a few years left.

Words mean things....

As of this reply, Brauny's write up above says "a few". And yeah, no ****, they all have a "few" years left, hence my comment Encyclopedia Brown.
AG
You misunderstood me. I was pointing out that the write up hasn't been edited or checked for accuracy at all.

I realize that you noticed that.

Whoever is getting paid to notice it, didn't, however.

$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
4 said:

You misunderstood me. I was pointing out that the write up hasn't been edited or checked for accuracy at all.

I realize that you noticed that.

Whoever is getting paid to notice it, didn't, however.

Ah, I did indeed misunderstand you're meaning. Please disregard my sarcastic tone and childish name calling from before.
StickTogetherAgs
beerad12man
AG
I haven't even listened and new the transcription was wrong on a couple points, particularly Achane seeing himself as a "big" running back. I also figured the wingspan comment might have been wrong. He lacks a bit in height, but his wingspan is actually quite good for his height.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.