Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Next AD should be...

26,219 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tamu_mgm
valvemonkey91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is Wally Groff available? What about Dan Bebee? Art Briles?
monarch
S
Condoleeza Rice...
Peace for Ukraine!
DukeMu
Whomever Jimbo wants.
cheeky
AG
JFF
SpeedyAg93
AG
I vote for this highly qualified Louisiana native.

AgPediRPh
AG
jackrabbit said:

- have big business experience
- media savvy
- well connected in college athletics
- won't leave to "go home" to another institution
potaylor no, yes, yes, yes
monarch
S
The following names have popped up in connection with our available AD slot (based on comments from TexAgs readers anyway).

Castiglione- OU; 62 years old
Hocutt- TT; 47 years old
Mullens- Oregon; 47 years old
Radikovich- Clemson; 60 years old
Smith- Ohio St; 64 years old
White- UCF; 66 years old
Out of this group, I'm thinking Mullens

Stephanie Rempe; 48 years old
Justin Moore; 37 years old
Out of this group, I thinking Rempe

Peace for Ukraine!
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

White- UCF; 66 years old

Double check that. He was born in 1980.

Just so there's no confusion, this is not the same Danny White that QBed the Cowboys. I know most on here know that, but apparently some might have been confused.
ghowe
AG
monarch said:

The following names have popped up in connection with our available AD slot (based on comments from TexAgs readers anyway).

Castiglione- OU; 62 years old
Hocutt- TT; 47 years old
Mullens- Oregon; 47 years old
Radikovich- Clemson; 60 years old
Smith- Ohio St; 64 years old
White- UCF; 66 years old
Out of this group, I'm thinking Mullens

Stephanie Rempe; 48 years old
Justin Moore; 37 years old
Out of this group, I thinking Rempe

No offense and in all due respect, but I've got to question your evaluation capabilities if you think the UCF AD backed up Staubach.
McInnis80
If you look at a list of the top ADs, you see Chris DelConte (UT), Joe Castiglone (OU), Greg Byrne (Alabama) and Scott Woodward (LSU). These are the schools we are competing with, so we need to hire someone who can play in the big leagues.

Rule number 1 is look at how UT replaced DeLoss Dodds with Steve Patterson. That is the textbook example of what not to do. They were all set to hire Oliver Luck, but they wanted him to fire Mack Brown. No wonder he turned them down. The settled for Steve Patterson, who had UT and Houston ties, He was able to do something few have been able to do, unite the entire UT community. Unfortunately (for them), he united them in hated of Steve Patterson.

The had a caretaker for a few years before they were able to pluck DelConte away from TCU. Texas did not get in a huge hurry, so we can wait. We have no burning issues, and we have Woodward to thank for that.
Krautag81
I hear Herman Cain is available!
zipp99
AG
Water Turkey07 said:

RC Slocum would be the most Good Ole Boy Aggie move ever and would signal that the leadership of this school could still F*&% up a wet dream.
Which is exactly why this happens. We can't get out of our own way.
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." (Albert Einstein)

Lateralus Ag
AG
McInnis80 said:

If you look at a list of the top ADs, you see Chris DelConte (UT), Joe Castiglone (OU), Greg Byrne (Alabama) and Scott Woodward (LSU). These are the schools we are competing with, so we need to hire someone who can play in the big leagues.

Rule number 1 is look at how UT replaced DeLoss Dodds with Steve Patterson. That is the textbook example of what not to do. They were all set to hire Oliver Luck, but they wanted him to fire Mack Brown. No wonder he turned them down. The settled for Steve Patterson, who had UT and Houston ties, He was able to do something few have been able to do, unite the entire UT community. Unfortunately (for them), he united them in hated of Steve Patterson.

The had a caretaker for a few years before they were able to pluck DelConte away from TCU. Texas did not get in a huge hurry, so we can wait. We have no burning issues, and we have Woodward to thank for that.

So, don't do what sip did. But then do what sip did.

How about we just do what's best for Texas A&M? How does that strike you as far as a plan goes?
rootube
AG
TnAg23 said:

85AustinAg said:

Quote:

Kirby Hocutt, Texas Tech $1.45 million
Likely out of our price range with what we were paying SW.

What we were paying Woodward was grossly low, and I really doubt 1.5 mil isn't out of our price range given Jimbo and buzz combine for probably one of the highest paid duos in the country.
Grossly low huh. New strategy. Find people associated with athletics who make below $1M and rain some money down on them until people stop leaving.
zooguy96
It'll be whomever Sharp wants until the Board develops a backbone. Sharp needs to go, either way. Let the damn AD do their work and leave them alone.
TnAg23
AG
rootube said:

TnAg23 said:

85AustinAg said:

Quote:

Kirby Hocutt, Texas Tech $1.45 million
Likely out of our price range with what we were paying SW.

What we were paying Woodward was grossly low, and I really doubt 1.5 mil isn't out of our price range given Jimbo and buzz combine for probably one of the highest paid duos in the country.
Grossly low huh. New strategy. Find people associated with athletics who make below $1M and rain some money down on them until people stop leaving.
I'm not saying make the women's golf assistant equipment manager a millionaire. This was an AD who made 2 home run hires and got his coaches anything they needed. He was paid middle of the pack for an SEC AD, less than Vandy and Arkansas's ADs, despite being one of the most accomplished.
aeon-ag
jackrabbit said:

- have big business experience
- media savvy
- well connected in college athletics
- won't leave to "go home" to another institution

Jon Heidtke check,check,check,check

of course I don't know what I'm talking about (you can quote me on that) so would be interested in other good candidates that should be considered.

Dr. John Thorton, AD
Cancelled
AG
I hear Fran isn't doing anything. Back up the LIl Deb truck.
85AustinAg
AG
Highest Paid AD's in College Sports
Hamburger Dan
It's easier to see why Woodward left.
Tamu_mgm
AG
What are you insinuating? It's been covered here ad nauseum that Woodward left first and foremost because home came calling. It had very little to do with A&M than it had to do with it being LSU, his alma mater / home, asking him to come.
85AustinAg
AG
This is too quiet. Anybody heard anything?
merc
AG
85AustinAg said:

This is too quiet. Anybody heard anything?
Oryx
What's Acie Law doing these days?
Tamu_mgm
AG
It doesn't bother me a bit even if it takes another couple months, so long as we find the right guy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.