Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Please fire Sharp

21,600 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by texag86
Leander - Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Burn it down
Ags4DaWin
Batzarro said:

Johnny renovated the stadium
Sharp hired the current president who hired Woodward which is like saying that you're my sister's Cousin's college roommate. It means nothing. Stop giving him credit for things he did not do.
Sharp is an Aggie- per other posters he did not graduate. Being an Aggie doesn't make you a saint. I have met many fellow ags who were complete asshats.
The ENTIRE curry fiasco
Turning A&M into a diploma mill
Tacitly promoting a leftist agenda
Promoting the renewal of the rivalry game
Putting making money above the overall welfare of the school.
Losing an athletic director who has made several good hires.

I will NOT keep calm.

FIFY
Tango_Mike
rootube said:

Tango_Mike said:

rootube said:

Batzarro said:

Sharp renovated the stadium
Sharp hired the current president who hired Woodward
Sharp is an Aggie
Woodward hired the football coach we think we needed, he just hired the men's basketball coach. His main job was done. Few ADs live through multiple head coaching searches like $Bill did.

Calm down folk.
Technically Sharp is not an Aggie in that he didn't graduate from A&M but I tend to agree with all your other points. There is so much complaining about him and I have never seen a legitimate example of why he is not doing a good job and there are many that demonstrate that he is doing a great job.
Because he's not doing his job, he's trying to do the Main Campus President and AD's jobs. His job is at the system level. He should have no direct influence on anything happening on the main campus. He should be distributing resources to and ensuring the success of all of the branch campuses. They are not improving because he's trying to micromanage the main campus. He's literally not doing his job.
Well at least you have some reason not that I completely understand it. My understanding of what a chancellor needs to be is politically connected and powerful. Sharp meets that criteria. One other thing to remember (fair or not) is that his legacy will not be judged by the performance any satellite school. I have no idea if he did or did not push out Woodward but without any evidence it's a lot easier to believe that mama called him home than some hair brained conspiracy.

I suppose being politically connected might be helpful, but it's certainly not his job. And you're right, he won't be judged by the success of the entire system because he's made himself a part of the main campus. His policies toward the main campus are hurting its academics, and his lack of policies toward the rest of the system are hurting them as well. You may not understand the difference between university president and system chancellor, but they absolutely do not overlap. Sharp's micromanagement is a clown show
Liquid Wrench
O'Doyle Rules said:

I have heard nothing good about John Sharp. Ever.
He's a great bowling buddy.
rootube
AG
Animal72 said:

Trust me, John Sharp graduated from A&M. He's a classmate
Yes. I was wrong and despite that fact on this very thread I was accused of being John Sharp. Which is quite impressive considering how my post was anything but Sharp. Oh well. People love bagging on him and he may very well be a jerk but his resume says he has been very effective leader for us. I also have a feeling (Again without any inside knowledge) that he was powerless to stop Woodard from leaving. I guess people like to focus their anger on something and Sharp is a lightning rod.
rootube
AG
Tango_Mike said:

rootube said:

Tango_Mike said:

rootube said:

Batzarro said:

Sharp is an Aggie
Woodward hired the football coach we think we needed, he just hired the men's basketball coach. His main job was done. Few ADs live through multiple head coaching searches like $Bill did.

Calm down folk.
Technically Sharp is not an Aggie in that he didn't graduate from A&M but I tend to agree with all your other points. There is so much complaining about him and I have never seen a legitimate example of why he is not doing a good job and there are many that demonstrate that he is doing a great job.
Because he's not doing his job, he's trying to do the Main Campus President and AD's jobs. His job is at the system level. He should have no direct influence on anything happening on the main campus. He should be distributing resources to and ensuring the success of all of the branch campuses. They are not improving because he's trying to micromanage the main campus. He's literally not doing his job.
Well at least you have some reason not that I completely understand it. My understanding of what a chancellor needs to be is politically connected and powerful. Sharp meets that criteria. One other thing to remember (fair or not) is that his legacy will not be judged by the performance any satellite school. I have no idea if he did or did not push out Woodward but without any evidence it's a lot easier to believe that mama called him home than some hair brained conspiracy.

I suppose being politically connected might be helpful, but it's certainly not his job. And you're right, he won't be judged by the success of the entire system because he's made himself a part of the main campus. His policies toward the main campus are hurting its academics, and his lack of policies toward the rest of the system are hurting them as well. You may not understand the difference between university president and system chancellor, but they absolutely do not overlap. Sharp's micromanagement is a clown show
Can you give me an example of his micromanagement and how that has hurt Texas A&M?
ontheway
AG
What Republican are you guys salivating for? Sharp was hated since his 1st day because of his political affiliation. Politics should not influence Texas A&M like it surely must. TexAgs raillery is all about it.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Woodward went to LSU because that's HOME, for dozens of reasons. This had very little to do with Sharp or leadership at the top, and I am no fan of Sharp by any means.
Tamu_mgm
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

rootube said:

Federale01 said:

He is way too involved with the main campus and our athletics BECAUSE he is an Aggie. The chancellor should stay the hell out of the flagship's way, not try to micromanage it.
At the risk of going down a rabbit hole what is a concrete example of him doing a poor job?
Losing Woodward to LSU...

A&M didn't LOSE Woodward. Woodward CHOSE to go to LSU because it's where he's always wanted to be, and it coincided perfectly with the timing of Alleva being fired.
Federale01
AG
Can you give anything about his resume that shows he has been an effective leader for A&M?
Tango_Mike
rootube said:

Tango_Mike said:

rootube said:

Tango_Mike said:

rootube said:

Batzarro said:

Sharp is an Aggie

Calm down folk.

Can you give me an example of his micromanagement and how that has hurt Texas A&M?

25 x 25
80k student goal
17% voluntary faculty turnover in last 4 years
Down in every ranking
RELLIS campus (hurts the rest of the system more I guess)
Enrollment at branch campuses is down
TEEX, TAES, etc are underfunded

Micromanagement:
Giving Jimbo a NC plaque
the cringe worthy "hooking bull"
He's personally dictated tenure gates to at least 2 departments
All of his involvement in the AD
Animal72
AG
ontheway said:

What Republican are you guys salivating for? Sharp was hated since his 1st day because of his political affiliation. Politics should not influence Texas A&M like it surely must. TexAgs raillery is all about it.
As everyone on TexAgs knows, the fact that Sharp held offices as a Democrat is enough reason to hate him. But unless you go into the voting booth with him how do you know how he votes now? Every chancellor, vice-chancellor, college president, flag officer, etc are "politicians." They have to be.
SECTAMU#1
There are many reasons Sharp is a poor leader for A&M. Firing him would bring a great deal of sanity back to the A&M System.
wyoag93
AG
I wanted his ass fired after he gave Jimbo the NC plaque. That was a D-Bag move.
MaxPower
If you started a fire Sharp thread yesterday, I probably agree. If you started one tomorrow, I'd raise an eyebrow. If you start one today then, we'll, I'm glad you're not in charge to put it nicely. You don't fire a Chancellor because the AD doesn't get along with him. If you do then your priorities are completely backwards.
Federale01
AG
Or people gave numerous examples of bad decisions and his supporters, mainly just you, have failed to provide one example of why they think he has been a good Chancellor.
Jack Cheese
AG
AgEng06 said:

Quote:

A&M's own thorny leadership dynamic at the top in College Station could be a factor.

You know all he's doing is regurgitating tweets from others like Billy, right? He has no sources and has not independently done any reporting. In other words, he's a modern "journalist".
Ihatefallscounty
AG
Tango_Mike said:

rootube said:

Tango_Mike said:

rootube said:

Tango_Mike said:

rootube said:

Batzarro said:

Sharp is an Aggie

Calm down folk.

25 x 25
80k student goal
17% voluntary faculty turnover in last 4 years
Down in every ranking
RELLIS campus (hurts the rest of the system more I guess)
Enrollment at branch campuses is down
TEEX, TAES, etc are underfunded

Micromanagement:
Giving Jimbo a NC plaque
the cringe worthy "hooking bull"
He's personally dictated tenure gates to at least 2 departments
All of his involvement in the AD

25 x 25- isn't 25 x 25 just a continuation of that 2020 vision? I remember all that from when I was in school
80k student goal-Yeah i don't get the 80K student goal but it's there.....again think this comes from vision 2020
17% voluntary faculty turnover in last 4 years- I can tell you what department that had the most and they need to cut the whole damn department now and start the hell over...except like 2 people...another story for another day.
Down in every ranking
RELLIS campus (hurts the rest of the system more I guess)-Theyve had riverside FOREVER, about time they utilized it, it was a freaking dump. It's just a continuation of the blinn team ish....eh I'm not upset.
Enrollment at branch campuses is down-Galveston? they did have a hurricane recently.
TEEX, TAES, etc are underfunded-YOU CAN BLAME DAN PATRICK, HES AN ASSHAT

Micromanagement:
Giving Jimbo a NC plaque-Dumb....yep just dumb
the cringe worthy "hooking bull".....idk what this is
He's personally dictated tenure gates to at least 2 departments...still confused
All of his involvement in the AD.....yeah my confusion comes in threes
I live in waco....therefore, I am ready to move elsewhere.
TheVarian
AG
Spotted Ag said:

Batzarro said:

Sharp is an Aggie

Calm down folk.
This will not go the way you think it will.

AND STOP WITH THE "THEY ARE AN AGGIE" CRAP!!! There are some real ****ty people that are Aggies and some of you act like that just because someone is an Aggie makes them above reproach.

#FireJohnSharp

Cannot be said enough. Some Aggies suck, Sharp REALLY sucks
rootube
AG
Federale01 said:

Or people gave numerous examples of bad decisions and his supporters, mainly just you, have failed to provide one example of why they think he has been a good Chancellor.
Well, since he has been on the BOR and the Chancellor we have joined the SEC, upgraded virtually every athletic facility made great hires across the board as coaches. We have also made significant academic facility investments in engineering, life sciences and Vet Med. We redeveloped Riverside into RELLIS something that I believe is good for Texas A&M not bad. If I understand 25 x 25 correctly the goal is to increase the number of engineering graduates which sounds like a reasonable goal. I recruit and hire engineers as part of my job and trust me our competition is not UT it's India and China when it comes to producing engineering talent. I'm not saying everything is perfect but you have to give credit for the positive things if you are going to give blame for the bad things. But you know we have a beveled seal on our diplomas now so off with his head.
Ag Guru
Fire this clown please
mcag83
AG
funny stuff
Like anyone can even know that.
S.A. Aggie
AG
Seems our leadership never ceases to do its best to hold us in mediocrity.
C Loves L
Animal72 said:

Sorry to hear that
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
I like John Sharp and think he has done great things for the entire system.

Tango_Mike
Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

I like John Sharp and think he has done great things for the entire system.

Without mentioning the main campus football stadium, what do you like that he's done?
SA-AG72
AG
CJS4715 said:

I'm not looking it up, but that is probably a postgraduate degree.

He was in the Corps and the SBP his senior year.

He is an embarrassment to the Class of '72.
Lateralus Ag
AG
rootube said:

Federale01 said:

Well, since he has been on the BOR and the Chancellor we have joined the SEC, upgraded virtually every athletic facility made great hires across the board as coaches. We have also made significant academic facility investments in engineering, life sciences and Vet Med. We redeveloped Riverside into RELLIS something that I believe is good for Texas A&M not bad. If I understand 25 x 25 correctly the goal is to increase the number of engineering graduates which sounds like a reasonable goal. I recruit and hire engineers as part of my job and trust me our competition is not UT it's India and China when it comes to producing engineering talent. I'm not saying everything is perfect but you have to give credit for the positive things if you are going to give blame for the bad things. But you know we have a beveled seal on our diplomas now so off with his head.

I agree. Fire his ass.
TexasAggie81
Sharp only got to where he is now because he was/is politically connected to politically connected Aggies (Rick Perry). Thank goodness Trump took Perry off of our hands. It's time to retire Sharp. He has not known what he's been doing - or supposed to do - for years.
GusDavid
AG
rootube said:

Batzarro said:

Sharp is an Aggie

Calm down folk.
How is Sharp "technically" not and Aggie? Thanks.
jac4
AG
Can we re assign Sharp to Texas A&M-Siberia?
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Animal72 said:

Thanks for the input Rick Perry

#firejohnsharp
#donothirerickperry
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional sports advice.
BrandoC
AG
Me and you know this a bull crap LIE. Everyone that I have talked to that worked for Sharp hated the acehole. Yes Woodward may have wanted to go home but if we paid Scott more and they actually got along Woodward would still be here. Point blank.
Batzarro
AG
An AD completed his main responsibilities to hire the football and men's basketball coaches and went back to his alma matter. If you worked at LSU, wouldn't you want to go back to A&M?

We're in great shape right now. Just bring in RC as AD. or someone else on a short contract.

Regarding Sharp...
The only thing I don't like about the current A&M management is the student body size. However, the population of the state has ballooned and the state has a responsibility to provide higher education to its citizens.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
88Warrior said:

..His shortcomings have been known since the late 70's...
That's what she said,
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional sports advice.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.