Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jimbo's Status/Future if Woodward Leaves

19,781 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by hunter2012
agcat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Woodward may leave, but Jimbo isn't going to follow him. Lots of chicken littles on this thread.
Bingo.

LSU has a coach. Good lord, people.
hunter2012
AG
agcat said:

BMX Bandit said:

Woodward may leave, but Jimbo isn't going to follow him. Lots of chicken littles on this thread.
Bingo.

...and when they fire said coach for being just a promotor, figurehead, and recruiter as they apparently now have a competent AD?
Mordred
AG
hunter2012 said:

agcat said:

BMX Bandit said:

Bingo.

...and when they fire said coach for being just a promotor, figurehead, and recruiter as they apparently now have a competent AD?
I still don't understand this. Orgeron was 10-3 last year, with one of those losses in 7 OT against us. He's not on the hot seat as far as I can see.
StickTogetherAgs
#Mke said:

Yelnick McWawa said:

ajolly said:

Jimbo gone if woodward leaves IMHO. We need to do everything we can to keep woodward. Get rid of sharp if he's the problem. Pay him more if he wants more.
Why do you think he leaves?

Sure Jimbo and Woodward have a great relationship but Jimbo has been given the keys to the kingdom here. If we make the right hire at AD I think it's far from a forgone conclusion that he leaves.
Might as well let Jimbo hire the AD if I'm being honest

I agree. If we ever need a new AD, let Jimbo choose.
#Mke
AG
StickTogetherAgs said:

#Mke said:

Yelnick McWawa said:

ajolly said:

Jimbo gone if woodward leaves IMHO. We need to do everything we can to keep woodward. Get rid of sharp if he's the problem. Pay him more if he wants more.
Why do you think he leaves?

Sure Jimbo and Woodward have a great relationship but Jimbo has been given the keys to the kingdom here. If we make the right hire at AD I think it's far from a forgone conclusion that he leaves.
Might as well let Jimbo hire the AD if I'm being honest

I agree. If we ever need a new AD, let Jimbo choose.
Yikes, apparently the time is now.......
JoeAggie5
If only Jimbo had relationships with other ADs that A&M could potentially consider as a replacement. Sucks he and Woodward have worked exclusively together their whole career.
rsf0626
Tons of players tweeting #keepscottwoodward......to me that says it was more behind this than a homecoming to Baton Rouge
aggiehawg
AG
Mordred said:

hunter2012 said:

agcat said:

BMX Bandit said:

Bingo.

I still don't understand this. Orgeron was 10-3 last year, with one of those losses in 7 OT against us. He's not on the hot seat as far as I can see.
He just got a raise and extension, too. (Alleva's parting shot apparently. Well that and keeping Will Wade on with the NCAA posse in town.)

But long term, Coach Yaw-Yaw is not the solution for LSU football. Aranda will leave at some point unless he gets Yaw-Yaw's job.
hunter2012
AG
Mordred said:

hunter2012 said:

agcat said:

BMX Bandit said:

Bingo.

LSU is not us, they won't stick with a mediocre(LSU's perspective) coach for 6 years. THey are not happy with 10-3 when they lose to us and Bama. Let's just hope Woodward promotes Aranda.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.