Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jimbo's Status/Future if Woodward Leaves

19,780 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by hunter2012
#Mke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
10 yrs / 75 million. HUGE buyout I assume. According to Jimbo, his relationship with Woodward was one of the primary reasons he took the job. Could Woodward lure him to LSU? Does Jimbo stay put? What are y'all's thoughts?? Scary situation even if Jimbo stays...
bennyboobooboo
AG
There is no buyout if Jimbo walks.
FriscoKid
AG
How does someone like Young or Sharp screw this up???
#Mke
AG
Well that didn't make me feel better
BenFiasco14
AG
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
The Collective
AG
LSU can't pay what we pay for political reasons. Don't worry about Jimbo.
Jbob04
AG
I'm surprised at how many people didn't know that there is zero buyout in the contract.

To answer your question, yes Jimbo could easily follow him to LSU when they let Ed O go in the next year or two.
Ajollyag
Jimbo gone if woodward leaves IMHO. We need to do everything we can to keep woodward. Get rid of sharp if he's the problem. Pay him more if he wants more.
ZachAg17
hypothetical situation here:
IF Woodward leaves us and takes off for LSU, sure Jimbo has no buyout
However, the main problem I see is that Jimbo has literally all the supporting staff
that he wants with virtually limitless resources. Additionally what are the chances
that LSU could fire Ed O and still manage to make an offer that comes even close
to the offer he has here?

All in all I think we are putting the cart waaaay before the horse
Ajollyag
CJS4715 said:

LSU can't pay what we pay for political reasons. Don't worry about Jimbo.

And thats the thinking that will cause Jimbo to leave. You cant undermine other programs and their dedication to winning. Theyll hire who they want. Their education may become more of a dumpster fire, but theyll get who they want
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
ajolly said:

Jimbo gone if woodward leaves IMHO. We need to do everything we can to keep woodward. Get rid of sharp if he's the problem. Pay him more if he wants more.
Why do you think he leaves?

Sure Jimbo and Woodward have a great relationship but Jimbo has been given the keys to the kingdom here. If we make the right hire at AD I think it's far from a forgone conclusion that he leaves.
trueaggie2782
AG
ZachAg said:

However, the main problem I see is that Jimbo has literally all the supporting staff
that he wants with virtually limitless resources. Additionally what are the chances
that LSU could fire Ed O and still manage to make an offer that comes even close

This. Plus the close proximity to Houston for his son's treatments. IIRC, that was another main factor in choosing A&M.
The Collective
AG
I'm not saying we won't up the ante; I'm just being realistic. If the Woodward decision is about $, we will keep him. If it is not, he is gone.

One non-monetary thing in our favor, we have a university president that Woodward is used to, so I think that is a plus for us.
#Mke
AG
Yelnick McWawa said:

ajolly said:

Sure Jimbo and Woodward have a great relationship but Jimbo has been given the keys to the kingdom here. If we make the right hire at AD I think it's far from a forgone conclusion that he leaves.
Might as well let Jimbo hire the AD if I'm being honest
Ajollyag
Yelnick McWawa said:

ajolly said:

Jimbo never once said he came here because of money. Thats really the only thing we can offer him that LSU doesnt have.

He came here because of woodward, and the recruiting. Both of which he could keep by following woodward.
#Mke
AG
ajolly said:

Yelnick McWawa said:

ajolly said:

Jimbo never once said he came here because of money. Thats really the only thing we can offer him that LSU doesnt have.

He came here because of woodward, and the recruiting. Both of which he could keep by following woodward.
Man this situation is scary......
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
ajolly said:

Yelnick McWawa said:

ajolly said:

There's a lot more to "money" than just what we put in Jimbo's pocket. I think long term, we have a MUCH higher ceiling than LSU.
Jbob04
AG
Yelnick McWawa said:

ajolly said:

Yelnick McWawa said:

ajolly said:

There's a lot more to "money" than just what we put in Jimbo's pocket. I think long term, we have a MUCH higher ceiling than LSU.

History disagrees with you on our ceiling vs LSU's
Ajollyag
Yelnick McWawa said:

ajolly said:

Yelnick McWawa said:

ajolly said:

We can be. But we are not there yet. If Jimbo were to leave tomorrow, it would erase the last 8 years of aggie football.
Ajollyag
Do you remember our sport programs before we moved to the SEC? Id like to forget.
ebag02
AG
If jimbo doesn't care about the money why are we paying him 75 million? Money may not be the only reason jimbo is at A&M but it definitely is a reason.
FriscoKid
AG
This thread just got linked. Smells a lot more like batter fried meat now than it did 5 minutes ago.

I hope this backfires on you toothless idiots.
Ajollyag
FriscoKid said:

This thread just got linked. Smells a lot more like batter fried meat now than it did 5 minutes ago.

I pray that all this is an attempt by woodward to get PAID. Nothing more. I hope all this sharp talk is bogus.
AustinCountyAg
trueaggie2782 said:

ZachAg said:

This. Plus the close proximity to Houston for his son's treatments. IIRC, that was another main factor in choosing A&M.
A jet from Baton Rouge to Houston is faster than a car from CS to Houston
chevy con queso
AG
ajolly said:

FriscoKid said:

I pray that all this is an attempt by woodward to get PAID. Nothing more. I hope all this sharp talk is bogus.
This news just made my heart sink to my stomach. Ugh. I hope you're right.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

trueaggie2782 said:

ZachAg said:

A jet from CS to houston is faster than a jet from BR to houston
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
A mini mid April meltdown!
Make Mental Asylums Great Again!
trueaggie2782
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

trueaggie2782 said:

ZachAg said:

When did Easterwood close down?
Ajollyag
Honestly, unless its to get paid more, or a disagreement between a higher up, I dont understand why woodward would leave. He's made all the hires he was brought here to make, its all easy sailing from here. Maintain the peace and bring in the dough.
cecil77
AG
A guy like Jimbo wants to be THE legend at a school He couldn't be that at FSU. LSU? They've won multiple NCs and no they don't have a huge legend ( I don't think) but Saban and Miles both coached there.

We have no legend. Nothing close. He does here what we (and he) wants, and he's up there with all the other legends, with the attendant statues and honors.
Jbob04
AG
Looch on twitter saying it's a long shot that we keep Woodward. Says A&M dropped the ball.
Cancelled
AG
Oh no!!! If Woodward leaves and takes Jimbo does this mean that the Aggies won't play football anymore?!?
EastSideAg2002
queso1 said:

Oh no!!! If Woodward leaves and takes Jimbo does this mean that the Aggies won't play football anymore?!?
Frees up the weekend
cecil77
AG
It's also interesting that talk like this assumes that our (hopefully, someday) football messiah is just a money ***** with no integrity. Unless promises were broken here, why would he leave?
chevy con queso
AG
cecil77 said:

A guy like Jimbo wants to be THE legend at a school He couldn't be that at FSU. LSU? They've won multiple NCs and no they don't have a huge legend ( I don't think) but Saban and Miles both coached there.

We have no legend. Nothing close. He does here what we (and he) wants, and he's up there with all the other legends, with the attendant statues and honors.
I've always thought this was part of why Fisher came here. Relatively untapped potential and a chance to become a legendary coach that wasn't just following in the footsteps of another legendary coach (Bowden). He seems like a guy who's drive is to achieve that, and put the place he does it on the map.

I guess we'll find out if that's his motivation or not.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.